The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Starring Rolls Sandwiches (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3085395)

Leeanne 03-24-2013 04:15 PM

Starring Rolls Sandwiches
 
I did a search but I did not find this information. We have eaten at Starring Rolls twice and each time I am not crazy about the sandwich....because I always get the same one! The problem is I am not really sure which one I get because the receipt shows both! :rotfl: So what is the topping/sauce/whatever-you-want-to-call-it that is on the turkey and ham? Hubby loves to eat there but I want the right sandwich this year!! LOL :lmao:

Shaden 03-24-2013 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leeanne (Post 47896882)
I did a search but I did not find this information. We have eaten at Starring Rolls twice and each time I am not crazy about the sandwich....because I always get the same one! The problem is I am not really sure which one I get because the receipt shows both! :rotfl: So what is the topping/sauce/whatever-you-want-to-call-it that is on the turkey and ham? Hubby loves to eat there but I want the right sandwich this year!! LOL :lmao:

Earl of Sandwich is where its at !

Leeanne 03-24-2013 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaden (Post 47896933)
Earl of Sandwich is where its at !

I completely agree!! However, we are going to be spending a full day in DHS and I know hubby will want to go there. Trust me it is a hard pick between EOS or Wolfgang Puck Express when we are in DTD!

crickee 03-24-2013 07:10 PM

I think its a pesto sauce.

Good Morning Dewdrop 03-24-2013 09:33 PM

I'm a little confused by your question are you saying you can't tell the difference between the turkey sandwich and the ham?

I seem to recall the turkey having an orange-ish colored mayo type stuff on the bottom piece of the bread. Not sure if that helps or not....

Sue M 03-24-2013 10:10 PM

I don't know! I just looked at the menus on all ears.net, and it just lists the sandwiches, nothing about the spread on them.
i guess you could ask when you order, and ask if you could get one without spread, or just mayo or mustard.
I usually get the turkey, and like it. Never paid attention to whats in it, lol!
Love the cupcakes :p

Leeanne 03-24-2013 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crickee (Post 47898581)
I think its a pesto sauce.

Do you know which one? Or is it both? I thought I remembered having one on trip 2 that was super good but when trip 3 and 4 came around I didn't get the right now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Good Morning Dewdrop (Post 47899953)
I'm a little confused by your question are you saying you can't tell the difference between the turkey sandwich and the ham?

I seem to recall the turkey having an orange-ish colored mayo type stuff on the bottom piece of the bread. Not sure if that helps or not....

I really don't care about which meat as I eat both. Its only the sauce and extra stuff that is not my favorite. Every time I have been there they have a full ring or only one of two gone from the back so I can't see the sauce and figure out which is which. I really thought they had something different on each one. So maybe turkey has an seasoned type of mayo??

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sue M (Post 47900306)
I don't know! I just looked at the menus on all ears.net, and it just lists the sandwiches, nothing about the spread on them.
i guess you could ask when you order, and ask if you could get one without spread, or just mayo or mustard.
I usually get the turkey, and like it. Never paid attention to whats in it, lol!
Love the cupcakes :p

I know, right!! I have google searched, allears.net searched, and disboards searched, and they all say just ham and turkey. No other info! If I remember correctly, the sandwiches are pre-made and they won't do anything different. You are right however...cupcakes make me :jumping1: (of course I am more than slightly ADD anyway so :rolleyes1). :rotfl::rotfl2::lmao:

Shaden 03-25-2013 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leeanne (Post 47896967)
I completely agree!! However, we are going to be spending a full day in DHS and I know hubby will want to go there. Trust me it is a hard pick between EOS or Wolfgang Puck Express when we are in DTD!

Ahhhh fair enough,

We have and ADR for Wolfgang, but we are going to be just up the river at POR this trip so I intend to make several visits to EOS .... 13 days, how many sandwiches can I eat !?!?!? :)

Sammie 03-26-2013 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leeanne (Post 47900496)
Do you know which one? Or is it both? I thought I remembered having one on trip 2 that was super good but when trip 3 and 4 came around I didn't get the right now.



I really don't care about which meat as I eat both. Its only the sauce and extra stuff that is not my favorite. Every time I have been there they have a full ring or only one of two gone from the back so I can't see the sauce and figure out which is which. I really thought they had something different on each one. So maybe turkey has an seasoned type of mayo??



I know, right!! I have google searched, allears.net searched, and disboards searched, and they all say just ham and turkey. No other info! If I remember correctly, the sandwiches are pre-made and they won't do anything different. You are right however...cupcakes make me :jumping1: (of course I am more than slightly ADD anyway so :rolleyes1). :rotfl::rotfl2::lmao:

Not sure about Starring Rolls but the food court at the Land has a pre-made turkey sandwich with a very spicy Chipotle Mayonnaise on it, that I don't like. Was it spicy? If so it might be turkey as I think most of the pre-made sandwiches are the same in some locations.

Does your husband not remember if he had the turkey or ham? When you order, ask them what comes on each and the description might ring a taste bell.

Leeanne 03-27-2013 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaden (Post 47911750)
Ahhhh fair enough,

We have and ADR for Wolfgang, but we are going to be just up the river at POR this trip so I intend to make several visits to EOS .... 13 days, how many sandwiches can I eat !?!?!? :)

In 13 days....at EOS.......lets see round up to the nearest whole number.... subtract for Wolfgang Puck Express (cause WPE and WP are two totally different things!)...account for the 2 (why 2, why not!).....what did you say your budget was again?? :teeth: :rotfl2:

Leeanne 03-27-2013 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sammie (Post 47911883)
Not sure about Starring Rolls but the food court at the Land has a pre-made turkey sandwich with a very spicy Chipotle Mayonnaise on it, that I don't like. Was it spicy? If so it might be turkey as I think most of the pre-made sandwiches are the same in some locations.

Does your husband not remember if he had the turkey or ham? When you order, ask them what comes on each and the description might ring a taste bell.

Honestly its been ages!!! Okay only like 2 years but that is ages in Disney speak. ;) I don't think it was spicy....I think it was more like chunky something. I know alot of help, right?
I asked my husband which did he have and he gave me this blank look and said "a sandwich". I think I may have them show or describe to me each sandwich. Surely I will see the 'chunky' stuff on it! That is a great idea! Now why couldn't I have thought of that before. See this proves I need need a trip now!!! I am losing my mind...it must have a WDW return address label on it! :rotfl2:

Sue M 03-27-2013 07:55 PM

Disney restaurants are pretty accommodating so even though they are Pre-made, maybe they would make one up for you plain. It's worth a try.

Sadly DHS doesn't have (IMO) a good variety of CS. Since you are spending the day there, maybe you old nip over to BC and grab something from Hurricane Hanna's. they just got a bit of a refurb, and new menu items that look pretty good. I have my eyes on the lobster roll ;)

Leeanne 03-28-2013 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sue M (Post 47931127)
Disney restaurants are pretty accommodating so even though they are Pre-made, maybe they would make one up for you plain. It's worth a try.

Sadly DHS doesn't have (IMO) a good variety of CS. Since you are spending the day there, maybe you old nip over to BC and grab something from Hurricane Hanna's. they just got a bit of a refurb, and new menu items that look pretty good. I have my eyes on the lobster roll ;)

I tend to agree on DHS and CS meals...but BC sounds like an idea I hadn't thought of. Wonder what DH would think of it! HMMMM off to find pictures and reviews!! Thank you!

persnickity 03-28-2013 07:11 PM

From EasyWDW, maybe this helps?:

Quote:

Smoked Ham Sandwich With Fresh Fruit or Chips Smoked ham and black diamond sharp cheddar cheese with watercress, red onion, honey mustard, and cabernet sauvignon vinaigrette dressing on house-made foccacia bread: $9.99

Turkey Sandwich With Fresh Fruit or Chips Roasted turkey breast with fresh mozzarella cheese, sauteed green and red peppers, lettuce, basil aioli, and Cobb dressing on house-made foccacia bread: $9.99

mousekatool 03-28-2013 07:15 PM

Don't know about now, but when we ate there 2 years go, the turkey had a roasted red pepper mayo that was yummy.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:04 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.