The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Camping at Disney World (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   golf cart rentals (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3084872)

texican 03-23-2013 03:53 PM

golf cart rentals
 
Hi! We're only 43 days out from our disney trip!! Yay!

But, I let the time get away from me and haven't booked a golf cart yet. Last time, (two years ago), we used Kenny and the service + price was just perfect.

I called, hoping he had something open, but he hasn't returned my call so I'm guessing that means he is all booked up. Are there any other companies that can deliver to the fort? I don't think we'll have a vehicle to tow in one on our own.

Thanks!! We're getting very excited to visit again!!

pocomom 03-23-2013 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by texican (Post 47887663)
Hi! We're only 43 days out from our disney trip!! Yay!

But, I let the time get away from me and haven't booked a golf cart yet. Last time, (two years ago), we used Kenny and the service + price was just perfect.

I called, hoping he had something open, but he hasn't returned my call so I'm guessing that means he is all booked up. Are there any other companies that can deliver to the fort? I don't think we'll have a vehicle to tow in one on our own.

Thanks!! We're getting very excited to visit again!!

Hey I don't know others, but Kenny didn't return my phone or emails for weeks for my trip in January, and then one day a few weeks before we left he called and said he just needed my CC for the ressie- I had given up completely! So don't assume he is booked unless you hear it from him!

jayhawk74 03-23-2013 07:49 PM

I would make a reservation with the Bike Barn. We always use Disney, yes it is more expensive, because DW and I like to know that there will be a cart available and if something goes wrong we can get a replacement. If you want to do Kenny then once you get in contact with him then you can cancel the reservation with Disney.

ArielRae 03-23-2013 08:21 PM

We were planning on getting a golf cart for the first time for our November trip. I had no idea you could reserve a golf cart in advance. How far about can you reserve one? How do we go about doing this? Thanks

Southern Bell 03-23-2013 10:39 PM

Bike Barn Rental at Fort Wilderness 407-824-2742
 
We made a reservation with bike Barn too. We never have rented one at the fort. We have at the beach. Its a little more expensive than the beach rents, about $90 more. But we were a little afraid of renting outside of Disney. Not really knowing how to do that or afraid something would tear up.
To answer your question Ariel the phone number to Bike Barn at Fort Wilderness is 407-824-2742. You can rent up to 1 yr in advance. You don't have to pay a deposit. You pay for all of it when you pick it up. They are available when you check in at the fort by 1pm and you must return them by 11 am the day they are due. It is $59.00 a day not including tax. There is no price break for a week when I asked. You can rent it for less than a week if you want to. Drivers must be 16 and valid drivers license. If I understood correctly it is not allowed for a child to be in adults lap while they are driving the cart. We have done this for a couple of yrs at the beach. Unreserved carts will be rented first come first seved.

jayhawk74 03-24-2013 07:43 AM

Southern Bell gave excellent information. The only thing that I would add is Disney now rents a few 6 passenger golf carts. These however can't be reserved. Only the 4 passenger carts can be reserved.

texican 03-25-2013 09:09 AM

Thanks y'all. I'll suck it up and call the Bike Barn. Just hurts my wallet a bit to pay that much. But, we love having the golf cart so I guess it is worth it in the end.

ltighe21 03-25-2013 04:58 PM

Tee Time
 
We've rented from Kenny several times and will do it again. No problems, very courteous and responsive. Our carts last week even had rain flys! If you are looking to save a little bit, he is a good option.

texican 03-25-2013 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ltighe21 (Post 47907605)
We've rented from Kenny several times and will do it again. No problems, very courteous and responsive. Our carts last week even had rain flys! If you are looking to save a little bit, he is a good option.

Oh, I agree. We used him last time. I just have a feeling that he's not calling us back because he's already booked. Kicking myself for waiting too long!

betmust 03-26-2013 08:50 AM

I have used Kenny the last 5 years and just booked him for an upcoming trip in the fall. Sometimes it takes a few days for him to call back. I did call him between 7:30 - 8 am and he answered the phone himself and I got to talk to him. I know our phone # comes up as private on a caller I D box. He told me a while ago that he generally won't answer it if it comes up that way. If I hit *82 on my phone, it will allow my name and # to show. Thats what I always do now and am able to get him early in the morning. May be worth trying...

texican 03-26-2013 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by betmust (Post 47913217)
I have used Kenny the last 5 years and just booked him for an upcoming trip in the fall. Sometimes it takes a few days for him to call back. I did call him between 7:30 - 8 am and he answered the phone himself and I got to talk to him. I know our phone # comes up as private on a caller I D box. He told me a while ago that he generally won't answer it if it comes up that way. If I hit *82 on my phone, it will allow my name and # to show. Thats what I always do now and am able to get him early in the morning. May be worth trying...

Thanks! I'll try right now!

texican 03-26-2013 01:55 PM

Sweet! He had an opening!! We're all set now! Thanks!

betmust 03-26-2013 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by texican (Post 47916367)
Sweet! He had an opening!! We're all set now! Thanks!

Glad that worked for you...

klstiger 03-26-2013 03:26 PM

Can someone share what it cost for a week rental? Doesnt have to be exact just trying to get an idea...
thanks!

Mouse14 03-26-2013 05:51 PM

What does Kenny charge per day? And what type of cart is it ?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:28 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.