The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Dining Plan (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=116)
-   -   Concerned about feeling overwhelmed (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3084581)

Sugar Jones 03-22-2013 08:02 PM

Concerned about feeling overwhelmed

With dining reservations. Right now I have an ADR planned for each day of our trip. What happens if at some point the kids (okay really I mean my dh) is overwhelmed with being so scheduled. Can we cancel a reservation the day of without any repercussions?

Three cats 03-22-2013 09:03 PM

If you've booked any of the places that required a credit card guarantee you'd be charged $10 per person for not showing up unless you cancel the day before. Unfortunately, a same day cancellation will cost you. As far as the ones that don't require a credit card guarantee you'd be able to cancel the day of with no problem. Hope that helps.

PictureJumpr 03-25-2013 12:02 PM

PP is correct, but just to be absolutely clear - the policy allows for cancellations up to midnight the night before. So if you're cancelling any ADR on Tuesday (breakfast, lunch, or dinner), you can do so up until midnight Monday night without penalty.

You can also "partially" use your ADR with no penalty - that is, if you have an ADR for 6 people and only 2 or 3 arrive, they will not penalize you for the others who do not attend.

Supermom3 03-25-2013 09:29 PM

Today when I booked the Fantasmic package at Mama Melrose, I was told it was a 48 hour cancellation policy.

PictureJumpr 03-26-2013 10:31 AM

Fantasmic packages are not handled the same as regular ADRs.
They are considered "Dining Events" and have their own policies.

Policies also vary at CRT, Hoop de Doo, Mickey's Backyard BBQ, and Spirit of Aloha, among others, for the same reason.

chs27 03-26-2013 07:27 PM

My DH didn't like the idea of planning. I told him," If you want to wing it, I just won't tell you when we are eating." You just don't get to walk-in to eat TS at Disney.

Wendy5055 03-27-2013 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chs27 (Post 47920493)
My DH didn't like the idea of planning. I told him," If you want to wing it, I just won't tell you when we are eating." You just don't get to walk-in to eat TS at Disney.

Honestly, I couldn't agree more! Even if you do NOT use a dining plan, I would still HIGHLY recommend making reservations (ADRs). I just made a bunch for our trip in July and not all the places we want to eat are even available! Especially either of the Castles or Character meals.

If it's any consolation, I schedule THREE ADRs per day and cannot understand how this is being overscheduled (we eat 3 meals per day at home)...I look at it as being prepared. :thumbsup2
Part of MY enjoying a trip to WDW is knowing that I can just go (knowing my ADRs are in place) and show up (just like a restaurant reservation at home) and have lots of fun not worrying about where, when and if I am going to eat...not to mention the general crankiness of our group from not eating (waiting a half hour or more can seem like an eternity with cranky hungry kids). :faint: