The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Swim and relax at AK lodge for break? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3084575)

Marjx3 03-22-2013 08:46 PM

Swim and relax at AK lodge for break?

If we are staying at the Poly Club level can we just go to AK...swim, eat take a break then go back to AK instead of going back to the Poly?

KristiMc 03-22-2013 08:50 PM

No - pool hopping is not allowed.

Pakey 03-22-2013 08:50 PM

No. Pool use is limited to guests staying at that particular resort.

mm1971 03-22-2013 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marjx3 (Post 47881804)
If we are staying at the Poly Club level can we just go to AK...swim, eat take a break then go back to AK instead of going back to the Poly?

No, you cannot. If you want to use those facilities, how about a split stay? there is no pool hopping allowed.

ftballfan7 03-22-2013 10:44 PM

you can eat at the restaurants, but stay away from our pools!!!!!

Raenstoirm 03-22-2013 11:58 PM

I guess I am weird, but this concept always confuses me. Why would you want to even if you could? :confused3 You have to lug your pool stuff to the park in the morning, change in a tiny bathroom stall twice, and then lug your wet swimsuits through the parks the rest of the day. That just seems like a PITA to me.

ConvenientTruth 03-23-2013 12:00 AM

Are you a allowed, No....Will anyone check, No...

SueM in MN 03-23-2013 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ConvenientTruth (Post 47883433)

At Stormalong Bay (Beach Club) and AK, yes, they will check.

aubriee 03-23-2013 03:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ConvenientTruth (Post 47883433)

Yes, they do check. We've been asked to show room keys at WL, BW, YC, and AKL. I once asked the life guard who was checking, how they could tell if you were staying at that resort or not. He pointed to something on my WL room key and said each resort had it's own code. We did see people getting kicked out of the pool at WL and BW, so apparently some people do try to pool hop. At YC I couldn't even get into the pool area at Storm Along Bay without showing my room key.

Allison 03-23-2013 05:31 AM

You play where you pay-that's fair to the people staying at those resorts.

kapoof 03-23-2013 05:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aubriee (Post 47884016)
Yes, they do check. We've been asked to show room keys at WL, BW, YC, and AKL. I once asked the life guard who was checking, how they could tell if you were staying at that resort or not. He pointed to something on my WL room key and said each resort had it's own code. We did see people getting kicked out of the pool at WL and BW, so apparently some people do try to pool hop. At YC I couldn't even get into the pool area at Storm Along Bay without showing my room key.

I am glad to hear they are cracking down on pool hopping! I know the poly and sab were pool hopped a lot due to their easy access. But the akl takes more work to get out there. The resort pools are so nice, each of them, I don't get why people just enjoy their own?

missycj96 03-23-2013 06:57 AM

Its inconsistent but i have been asked to show id at blt, grand floridian, poly, beach club.

LaurenT 03-23-2013 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raenstoirm
I guess I am weird, but this concept always confuses me. Why would you want to even if you could? :confused3 You have to lug your pool stuff to the park in the morning, change in a tiny bathroom stall twice, and then lug your wet swimsuits through the parks the rest of the day. That just seems like a PITA to me.

This.
I am looking forward to pool hopping when I go to Universal (where it's encouraged), but, it looks like I can walk from one to the other....

Robo 03-23-2013 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaurenT (Post 47884307)
This.
I am looking forward to pool hopping when I go to Universal (where it's encouraged), but, it looks like I can walk from one to the other....

Take your beach shoes, or "hopping" between pools on that pavement will have a totally different meaning.

;)

LaurenT 03-23-2013 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robo

Take your beach shoes, or "hopping" between pools on that pavement will have a totally different meaning.

;)

LOL, yes! And in August yet!