The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Pop Century prices? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3084039)

VikingInMouseEars 03-21-2013 06:36 PM

Pop Century prices?
 
In years past, Pop Century has always been cheaper than the All-Star resort. Now, for the past couple months its just the reverse. Is it just due to AoA? Another reason? Any ideas?

spiceycat 03-21-2013 06:44 PM

all the values were the same price.

Since Pop is more popular (and so far still is) than the All Stars - Disney has decided to charge more for it.

just demand and supply at work.

same with MK resorts vs Epcot resorts. They charge more for the MK resorts do to demand.

disney1990 03-21-2013 08:25 PM

I think it is more popular because it is close to AoA and you can just walk over and enjoy their food court also - which has some great variety.

luvallprincesses 03-21-2013 09:32 PM

I'm also pretty sure they try to keep Pop as group-free as possible (class trips, competitions, etc.). At least they did for awhile when it first opened.

Ariel2983 03-21-2013 11:55 PM

Thanks for posting this we are staying at pop in June and I also noticed a price difference..good to know..this is our first stay at a value resort and I am hoping for the best..either way its Disney so I dont think you can go wrong :lmao:

Lorilais_mommie 03-22-2013 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luvallprincesses
I'm also pretty sure they try to keep Pop as group-free as possible (class trips, competitions, etc.). At least they did for awhile when it first opened.

I had heard a few months back a bunch a tour groups were now using POP..

AuroraRora 03-22-2013 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lorilais_mommie

I had heard a few months back a bunch a tour groups were now using POP..

When I called two weeks ago to book my October trip, I wanted to book at a Value but I asked the CM a few times about which one was best to avoid cheerleader groups etc. She told me Pop was always the best option for that, because aside from Pop Warner, they always discourage tour groups from staying at Pop or AoA, and put them at the All-Stars instead.

Safe to say I'll be sticking with Pop from now on!

VikingInMouseEars 03-22-2013 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ariel2983 (Post 47873893)
Thanks for posting this we are staying at pop in June and I also noticed a price difference..good to know..this is our first stay at a value resort and I am hoping for the best..either way its Disney so I dont think you can go wrong :lmao:

Even with Pop costing more now than the All-stars, we love it and have booked it again for Sept.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AuroraRora (Post 47874004)
When I called two weeks ago to book my October trip, I wanted to book at a Value but I asked the CM a few times about which one was best to avoid cheerleader groups etc. She told me Pop was always the best option for that, because aside from Pop Warner, they always discourage tour groups from staying at Pop or AoA, and put them at the All-Stars instead.

Safe to say I'll be sticking with Pop from now on!

The Pop Warner folks don't stay at Pop Century either, at least they haven't for the past 4 or 5 years that we have been going during Pop Warner week.

AuroraRora 03-22-2013 03:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VikingInMouseEars
The Pop Warner folks don't stay at Pop Century either, at least they haven't for the past 4 or 5 years that we have been going during Pop Warner week.

Oh, how'd I miss that?! Even better!

I agree it definitely seems worth the extra cost. For my October trip it was an extra $8 per night to upgrade to Pop from ASMu, and to avoid the tour groups plus the better bus system, I'd say it's a bargain!

Davey Jones II 03-22-2013 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AuroraRora (Post 47874407)
Oh, how'd I miss that?! Even better!

I agree it definitely seems worth the extra cost. For my October trip it was an extra $8 per night to upgrade to Pop from ASMu, and to avoid the tour groups plus the better bus system, I'd say it's a bargain!

How exactly is the bus system better from Pop Century?

Also, does anyone know when the cheerleaders are invading this year? Thanks.

dansdad 03-22-2013 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Davey Jones II

How exactly is the bus system better from Pop Century?

Some view it as a negative that the Allstars sometimes share buses during the slower part of the day.

Minnesota! 03-22-2013 03:29 PM

Also, Pop Century is in a different county than the All Stars...so tax rates are different. One is 13 and one is 12, I believe. I cannot remember if All Stars is supposed to be cheaper or more expensive due to this, though...

EpcotBill 03-22-2013 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Minnesota! (Post 47879061)
Also, Pop Century is in a different county than the All Stars...so tax rates are different. One is 13 and one is 12, I believe. I cannot remember if All Stars is supposed to be cheaper or more expensive due to this, though...

The tax at All Stars is higher (different county). That's why they used to be a little higher than Pop. Two years ago Disney raised the rack rate at Pop more than they raised it at All Stars, making Pop more expensive.

spiceycat 03-22-2013 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lorilais_mommie (Post 47873917)
I had heard a few months back a bunch a tour groups were now using POP..

the manager say he would do everything possible to discourage this.

have been told repeated that if any group cheers, shouts or just makes a fuss - to call them.

they will send security immediately. All stars will ignore these calls - they need the groups to make money. Pop does not.

big difference.

after 10 pm is quiet time and think it goes to 8 am - not sure about the morning hours just ask when you check in.

JennyDrake 03-22-2013 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EpcotBill (Post 47879653)
The tax at All Stars is higher (different county). That's why they used to be a little higher than Pop. Two years ago Disney raised the rack rate at Pop more than they raised it at All Stars, making Pop more expensive.

Interesting! Thanks for sharing.

FYI- PW HAS been at Pop in previous years.:cheer2:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:08 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.