The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Rumors and News (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Disneyland Survaying Guests About Star Wars Land (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3083910)

Twin Dad 03-21-2013 01:35 PM

Disneyland Survaying Guests About Star Wars Land

Looks like I might have to start saving for a trip to California in the next 5 to 10 years. My inner 10 year old is happy. :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

http://www.slashfilm.com/theme-park-...perience-tour/
I'm just surprised they are doing the survey in DLR and not WDW.

DRDISNEYMD 03-21-2013 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twin Dad (Post 47868481)
Looks like I might have to start saving for a trip to California in the next 5 to 10 years. My inner 10 year old is happy. :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

http://www.slashfilm.com/theme-park-...perience-tour/
I'm just surprised they are doing the survey in DLR and not WDW.

~This is not what I was expecting. Really? And, I totally agree with you -- what about WDW? It seems like all we get is unsubstantiated rumors & speculation about everything! Anyway, thanks for the scoop! :goodvibes

Twin Dad 03-21-2013 02:11 PM

Disney is playing everything close to the vest when it comes to Star Wars. Nothing is being officially announced until all the I's are dotted and T's crossed. Could they be thinking of doing Star Wars Land in CA then bringing it over to DHS like they are doing with Cars Land?

thegib95 03-21-2013 02:35 PM

I thought they were close to being our of Room in California?

Maybe they are asking DLR people, then will use some formula to tabulate what they think the effect would be for WDW, and avoid the swarm of questions and rumors about StarWars Land at WDW...

Look at how everyone is already convinced CARS LAND is coming

WebmasterCricket 03-21-2013 03:11 PM

Maybe it's already slated for WDW and seeing if they need to develop things that will work at both rather than just WDW???

Spacedog1975 03-21-2013 04:24 PM

Far more land in Florida. I can't see something as big as Star Wars being California only.

MJMcBride 03-21-2013 06:05 PM

Obviously they are thinking of completely changing Tomorrowland.

But I would so prefer this near me in FL

sunflare 03-21-2013 09:35 PM

Actually, it makes perfect sense...DLR Tomorrowland desperately needs a redo, and both ILM and a lot of Imagineering are based in CA. Rumors of something "huge" replacing Innoventions have been rampant. Not to mention that WDW already has SWW, and nothing like that exists in DLR. It almost seems like a no-brainer.

emilyindisney 03-24-2013 10:14 AM

I wish this were rumored for Florida too! After all, DLR just got Cars Land too!

I've heard rumors about something new coming to DHS so I suppose I can't complain until I hear what that is. Cars Land or a Star Wars Land would be awesome in my book!

sachilles 03-24-2013 10:57 AM

There is likely enough content in the Star Wars franchise, to have elements in Ca as well as FL without duplication of theme or attractions.

The amount of worlds and unique themes in the franchise, you could add a new lands at all of the Fl parks as well as Ca.

Unlike the Cars franchise or Avatar, there is a lot more to play with.

I think the big problem with the Star Wars franchise is picking out which elements to represent in the parks. Once they finally decide what Star Wars themes to run with, there will be folks vocal that they should have chosen something else within the franchise.

I'm also willing to believe there will be another hotel/resort complex that will get heavily Star Wars themed.

I do think Avatar and Star Wars are in conflict with each other.

PACVII 03-24-2013 01:45 PM

They should remove Indiana jones and the back lot tour. Put in star war land and cars land. Add in the red car trolley line and have a great park

MJMcBride 03-24-2013 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PACVII
They should remove Indiana jones and the back lot tour. Put in star war land and cars land. Add in the red car trolley line and have a great park

I much prefer they get rid if LMA

lockedoutlogic 03-24-2013 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twin Dad
Disney is playing everything close to the vest when it comes to Star Wars. Nothing is being officially announced until all the I's are dotted and T's crossed. Could they be thinking of doing Star Wars Land in CA then bringing it over to DHS like they are doing with Cars Land?

Except they aren't doing that...

DRDISNEYMD 03-24-2013 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WebmasterCricket (Post 47869527)
Maybe it's already slated for WDW and seeing if they need to develop things that will work at both rather than just WDW???

~Yes, this is a good explanation, but I hope it's just for WDW.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sachilles (Post 47894000)

I do think Avatar and Star Wars are in conflict with each other.

~I thought about that, too. But, no matter what Disney stands to benefit, so I see the incorporation of both Avatar and Star Wars within the parks as powerful duo and a win-win for Disney! And, I think Disney used Avatar as a bargaining tool to make Lucas come down to an agreeable sale price!

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockedoutlogic (Post 47896836)
Except they aren't doing that...

???

arthropodtodd 03-24-2013 10:01 PM

This is a simple one

Both parks could have a Star Wars Land. One could feature the Empire and the other could feature rebels and allow the parks to battle.