The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Restaurants (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Mulan ever at Akershus? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3083886)

Maisey13 03-21-2013 01:50 PM

Mulan ever at Akershus?

When I made the reservation for Akershus, the CM asked who my daughter's favorite princesses are (Belle & Mulan) He said I would be in luck because they are both at Akershus though this is contrary to everything I have read about which princesses are at Akershus. Has anyone actually seen Mulan at Akershus?I'm guessing this is just another case of CM's giving wrong information...

Thanks!

disneybliss2 03-21-2013 02:07 PM

We've never seen Mulan there, but that's not to say she won't show up. I wouldn't put a lot of weight into what the CM told you. I think you're safe with banking on Belle being there though.

ddiaz386 03-21-2013 02:17 PM

I have been there several times and have never seen Mulan on the other hand Belle has always been in the front to welcome guests and take pictures.

Maisey13 03-21-2013 02:25 PM

Very helpful information. Thanks!

Is Mulan typically at a specific meet & greet location in Epcot China or do the characters wander around?

AThrillingChase 03-21-2013 02:58 PM

I have reservations in May, and I am secretly (or not so secretly) hoping that Jasmine shows...

But from my searches, it seems like they will put in one sort of random princess. So sometimes its Cinderella, sometimes its Jasmine, and yes I have heard of it being Mulan (though much, much less frequently). I've even seen pics with Mary Poppins.

However, I have seen Mulan in front of the China pavillion on pretty much every trip. She is usually hanging out under the archway leading into the shops/restos taking pics and signing. This is blurry, so maybe someone can help you here, but I think sometime around 2 or 3pm characters come out into the WS?

Good luck!

DEA 03-21-2013 03:14 PM

I just wanted to throw in that our family did see Mulan at Akershus for breakfast, but it was a few years ago. We go to breakfast there every year, and for the past two, she has not shown up. You just never know.

Rhody Red 03-21-2013 03:16 PM

Mulan was there last year when we went for Lunch, along with Cinderella, Snow White, Aurora, and of course, Belle.

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/k...yRed/327-2.jpg

I was so impressed with Mulan too. She came by to chat with our Daughter not once, but twice! Great interaction.

jeepwilly 03-21-2013 03:18 PM

I can confirm that Mulan is sometimes present. She was there when we did the character breakfast in Jan 2012.

vwlamy 03-21-2013 04:31 PM

Absolutely. ITs been a few years since we were there but Mulan was present when we were there! Good luck!

SimplyGoofy 03-21-2013 06:22 PM

We had Mulan during our last trip. :goodvibes

disneybliss2 03-21-2013 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maisey13 (Post 47868380)
Very helpful information. Thanks!

Is Mulan typically at a specific meet & greet location in Epcot China or do the characters wander around?

You can find her to the left side of the China pavilion (the building where the Chinese acrobats perform). If it's raining, she'll be inside the building. We've also found her near the entrance of the store. If you don't see her, just a CM and they can help.

The other characters have specific meet and greet locations as well. They'll be listed on the times guide that you can pick up at the entrance of the park. Some examples of meet-n-greets: Snow White meets by the Germany pavilion, Jasmine and Aladdin meet in Morocco near the waterway, Belle and sometimes the Beast with her are just a bit ahead at France by the water. Aurora meets over near the grassy hedge area just outside the perfume shop.

It seems like others have had luck and had Mulan at Akershus. Here's wishing you some pixie dust that she'll be there for your little girl. pixiedust:

fancifull 04-16-2013 08:02 PM

I'm praying she is there when I go next week! She is my favorite as well

Disney_Princess83 04-17-2013 11:21 AM

None of the characters are guaranteed at any character meals. Cinderella isn't even guaranteed at Cinderella's Royal Table.

Usually at Akershus, Belle is your main greeter in the lobby. If she is unwell Ariel becomes your main greeter. Inside you will usually get Snow White, Aurora/Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella (she has been hit and miss lately) and Jasmine. If any of the Princesses are unwell you may get Mulan, Alice or Mary Poppins.

She meets daily in World Showcase at the China pavilion :)