The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   No 1BDRMS at BLT in October????!!! (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3083465)

Goldilocks07 03-20-2013 02:48 PM

No 1BDRMS at BLT in October????!!!
 
I just called to check availability for a 1 bedroom (any view) for Bay Lake Tower the weekend of October 18th, and there is NOTHING available. Holy smokes. What's the deal? I am hoping it's because Columbus Day is the Monday before and maybe kids have off that week?
THOUGHTS???? :confused3:confused3:confused3

Keeping my fingers crossed, we really want the weekend AFTER, which is the 23-27th. But I can't book that until next week. We have to book within that darn 7 month window. :scared1:

Marionnette 03-20-2013 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goldilocks07 (Post 47858299)
I just called to check availability for a 1 bedroom (any view) for Bay Lake Tower the weekend of October 18th, and there is NOTHING available. Holy smokes. What's the deal? I am hoping it's because Columbus Day is the Monday before and maybe kids have off that week?
THOUGHTS???? :confused3:confused3:confused3

Keeping my fingers crossed, we really want the weekend AFTER, which is the 23-27th. But I can't book that until next week. We have to book within that darn 7 month window. :scared1:

Some colleges will do a mid-semester break around the middle of October. Maybe some K12 schools do as well?

You also have both MNNSHP and the F&W Festival going on at the same time.

NicoleLarson 03-20-2013 05:10 PM

As of now, march 20th @609 pm. there is availabilty for lake view only during those days. standard and mk view are all gone. Can you walk it?

Chelley00 03-20-2013 05:21 PM

Lots of fall breakers that week :)

Hopefully 03-20-2013 05:38 PM

I agree F & W festival and MNSSHP. This is a popular time of year for DVC'ers

DebbieB 03-20-2013 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goldilocks07 (Post 47858299)
I just called to check availability for a 1 bedroom (any view) for Bay Lake Tower the weekend of October 18th, and there is NOTHING available. Holy smokes. What's the deal? I am hoping it's because Columbus Day is the Monday before and maybe kids have off that week?
THOUGHTS???? :confused3:confused3:confused3

Keeping my fingers crossed, we really want the weekend AFTER, which is the 23-27th. But I can't book that until next week. We have to book within that darn 7 month window. :scared1:

October is popular for DVC members, especially weekends. Lake view 1 bedrooms are available Oct 21-26. If you wanted the 18th, you should have tried to call 2 days ago, not sure if it was available but you have to jump on it.

Goldilocks07 03-20-2013 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NicoleLarson (Post 47859998)
As of now, march 20th @609 pm. there is availabilty for lake view only during those days. standard and mk view are all gone. Can you walk it?


What does that mean, walk it?
Like, book now and carry through next week? I don't have enough points for that, though I thought about it. I may have enough to book in the next day or two though....

Goldilocks07 03-20-2013 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DebbieB (Post 47860740)
October is popular for DVC members, especially weekends. Lake view 1 bedrooms are available Oct 21-26. If you wanted the 18th, you should have tried to call 2 days ago, not sure if it was available but you have to jump on it.

I only called to to check and see how busy October would be. Shoot. WHAT THE HECK. I try to escape the non-dvc members only to get slammed by dvc members (love you guys!...but not when I'm trying to book! LOLOLOL). Is there EVER a time that's not popular for both groups? Excluding January because its fr-frrrr-freeezing.

And I can't book for the dates I actually want to go, because it's not 7 months out yet- another week and I can do it. But thank you SOOO much for checking for me, at least I know I have a shot :cool1:

helenk 03-20-2013 08:18 PM

I have found that the MK DVC resorts (BLT & VWL) book up during October, I wonder if it has something to do with MNSSHP? It nice to be able to walk back to BLT after the party.

NicoleLarson 03-20-2013 08:39 PM

Yes, "walking" a reservation is when you book a couple of days before the actual days that you want just to ensure that you get your days. So if you wanted the 23rd-27th then you could book the 20th-27th and then call and cancel the first 3. But if you don't have enough points then that really wouldn't work. make sure to get online at 8am on the day you want.

Goldilocks07 03-20-2013 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NicoleLarson (Post 47862272)
Yes, "walking" a reservation is when you book a couple of days before the actual days that you want just to ensure that you get your days. So if you wanted the 23rd-27th then you could book the 20th-27th and then call and cancel the first 3. But if you don't have enough points then that really wouldn't work. make sure to get online at 8am on the day you want.

Ok, thank you so much for the tip!

On another note- should I judge how busy WDW will be based on the availability of rooms? Or is it just that BLT is just super popular for DVC members because of it's a monorail location? :confused3

DebbieB 03-20-2013 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goldilocks07 (Post 47862639)
Ok, thank you so much for the tip!

On another note- should I judge how busy WDW will be based on the availability of rooms? Or is it just that BLT is just super popular for DVC members because of it's a monorail location? :confused3

VWL, BWV & BCV are now soldout that weekend too (1 bedrooms). AKV, OKW & SSR are available. Not sure what was available before the 7 month mark hit on Monday.

Goldilocks07 03-21-2013 08:48 AM

I DID IT!!!!!!!!!! :cool1:

I booked for a few days earlier through the weekend and got a 1 BR Lake View. Super excited.

Now for airfares!!!

Thanks for all you tips!

tofubeast 03-21-2013 09:50 AM

Is there any chance any of you kind DVC'ers could look and tell me what studio availability is there for BLT on Oct. 23-27? :wave2: Pretty please with pixiedust on top? We are hoping for BLT (standard) or VWL studio, but have to wait till 7 month window opens for the person we are renting from.

Feel free to PM me if you want. TIA!

madelyn 03-21-2013 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tofubeast (Post 47866129)
Is there any chance any of you kind DVC'ers could look and tell me what studio availability is there for BLT on Oct. 23-27? :wave2: Pretty please with pixiedust on top? We are hoping for BLT (standard) or VWL studio, but have to wait till 7 month window opens for the person we are renting from.

Feel free to PM me if you want. TIA!

This morning there is Studio Lake View availability but only for the nights of Oct 23, 26 and 27. No standard of theme park views. If you are willing to move up to a Lakeview 1 bedroom there is availability for all 5 nights but for a total of 208 points. VWL studio is available for all nights except the night of Thur the 24th. There is availability for a VWL 1 bedroom, total of 158 points for the 5 nights.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:56 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.