The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Is it rare to get some kind "critter" on a ground floor room at POR? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3083429)

fairytalelover 03-20-2013 02:43 PM

Is it rare to get some kind "critter" on a ground floor room at POR?

I'm just wondering how many of you have found any kind of unwanted guests like those little lizards that are all over the resort, snakes etc..... on a ground floor room? I'm just wondering if it's very rare or if it's common and I should request a higher floor.

maxiesmom 03-20-2013 02:46 PM

Once out of more than a dozen trips I have had bugs in my room. And we were on the ground floor when it happened. One phone call, and they were taken care of.

Johnson1220 03-20-2013 02:50 PM

we hve stayed at POR often and never had a critter issue ... :confused3

Disneyaunt4 03-20-2013 03:18 PM

Stayed ground level once at VWL and had a lizard in the room:scared1: DH hunted it down and relocated him outside. I now ask for anything but ground level:)

ArmyVet80 03-20-2013 03:22 PM

We have had the little lizards in the room one time. It wasn't bad and I'm pretty sure that we let him/her in on accident when we were getting ready to leave for the parks. The good thing is that we had forgotten something in the room and I went back in and saw him/her looking at the door. After a few seconds of looking at the door he/she ran out. Might have been a little cool in the room for him/her.. :)

Sue M 03-20-2013 03:26 PM

It is possible, it's Florida! Depends if you leave your door open for long. We've only had one stay on ground level at POR, and didn't have any guests :)

fairytalelover 03-20-2013 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sue M (Post 47858083)
It is possible, it's Florida! Depends if you leave your door open for long. We've only had one stay on ground level at POR, and didn't have any guests :)

We would be careful about leaving the door open. I would be worried about Mousekeeping etc...

FloridaDreamin 03-20-2013 03:58 PM

We've stayed at POR twice a year for the past 5 years. Last July was our only encounter with a lizard in our room. We saw him in the door jamb when we returned to our room. Didn't know if he was in our room or not. A few hours later my husband caught him in a glass on the bed (apparently he was in a shirt my husband put on) and released him outside. Freaked me out. Oh, and this was in the second floor, not the ground floor.

fairytalelover 03-20-2013 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FloridaDreamin (Post 47858426)
We've stayed at POR twice a year for the past 5 years. Last July was our only encounter with a lizard in our room. We saw him in the door jamb when we returned to our room. Didn't know if he was in our room or not. A few hours later my husband caught him in a glass on the bed (apparently he was in a shirt my husband put on) and released him outside. Freaked me out. Oh, and this was in the second floor, not the ground floor.

Crap!:scared1:

maxiesmom 03-20-2013 04:10 PM

I hate to break it to you, but there is no such thing as a critter proof room. Especially in Florida.

Pixiedust34 03-20-2013 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FloridaDreamin (Post 47858426)

We saw a little frog or toad (it was one of those--I'm not sure which) on the 3rd floor of our Coronado Springs building! I don't know if he 'hopped' on an elevator or what :rotfl:, but there he was in the 3rd floor corridor!

rdaughtery 03-20-2013 04:13 PM

haha! Welcome to Florida :) We are about 3 hours away (in Ga.) and have marsh in our front yard and a lake in our back yard. Lizards are everywhere. But, I seriously have never seen any at PO, there are so many people around there that it scares them, I would think. Trust me, If there were any close my 8 year old would catch them lol

rdaughtery 03-20-2013 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pixiedust34 (Post 47858564)
We saw a little frog or toad (it was one of those--I'm not sure which) on the 3rd floor of our Coronado Springs building! I don't know if he 'hopped' on an elevator or what :rotfl:, but there he was in the 3rd floor corridor!

:rotfl2: I'll betcha someones little boy caught it and put it in his pocket, then his mom made him throw it out the door. Little boys and their frogs :lmao:

fairytalelover 03-20-2013 04:25 PM

We have stayed at POR twice on the second floor and All Star Movies once on the ground floor and thankfully never had any critters in our room. But then I read about a snake in somebody's room in one of the Disney resorts and it scared the hell out of me:scared1:

JennyDrake 03-20-2013 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxiesmom (Post 47858538)
I hate to break it to you, but there is no such thing as a critter proof room. Especially in Florida.

Amen. And we are talking about little lizards and insects.:confused3

Not diamond back rattlers.

Little reptiles want to get away from you even more than you want to get away from them. :)

They are NOT attracted to activity but repelled by it--so the last thing they want to do is charge in a see if Mousekeeping is doing a good job.

I hope none of the people so concerned about this ever have to live in rural America like I do!!! Or in an old house that is not "Tupperware Tight" like new ones are.