The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Purchasing DVC (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   We Put Our First Offer In To FINALLY Become A DVC Member!!! (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3083292)

Mommy2TwoMickeys 03-20-2013 10:26 AM

We Put Our First Offer In To FINALLY Become A DVC Member!!!
 
We are beyond excited that we have finally put our first offer in for a DVC Resale :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: Now the waiting game begins which I have never been good at :lmao: Anyways, I spoke to the listing agent and he said hopefully we should have an answer from the seller today and then we can move forward with the contract and deposit. My question is, if we agree on a price and send in the deposit...what happens with our deposit if Disney ROFR's our points?? Do we get our deposit back?

Kidanifan08 03-20-2013 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mommy2TwoMickeys (Post 47855325)
We are beyond excited that we have finally put our first offer in for a DVC Resale :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: Now the waiting game begins which I have never been good at :lmao: Anyways, I spoke to the listing agent and he said hopefully we should have an answer from the seller today and then we can move forward with the contract and deposit. My question is, if we agree on a price and send in the deposit...what happens with our deposit if Disney ROFR's our points?? Do we get our deposit back?

You will get your deposit back if Disney exercises ROFR. Good luck!

jenbelles 03-20-2013 10:38 AM

We opted to leave our deposit in escrow since we were going to continue our search for a resale contract.

GrassMaster 03-20-2013 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mommy2TwoMickeys (Post 47855325)
We are beyond excited that we have finally put our first offer in for a DVC Resale :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: Now the waiting game begins which I have never been good at :lmao: Anyways, I spoke to the listing agent and he said hopefully we should have an answer from the seller today and then we can move forward with the contract and deposit. My question is, if we agree on a price and send in the deposit...what happens with our deposit if Disney ROFR's our points?? Do we get our deposit back?

Yes, you will get it back. Unfortunately found out ourselves last week. I will say the refund came very quick through TTS. Good luck!

nalajms 03-20-2013 03:18 PM

Good luck! I'm so excited for you. :goodvibes Just get ready to negotiate.

When we used a credit card with Fidelity, they didn't even bother charging the deposit until after ROFR.

mort1331 03-20-2013 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nalajms (Post 47858630)
Good luck! I'm so excited for you. :goodvibes Just get ready to negotiate.

When we used a credit card with Fidelity, they didn't even bother charging the deposit until after ROFR.

GOOD CHOICE AND GOOD LUCK,,,
This was our experience of the deposit with the un-named company. We were able to negotiate back and forth and finaly landed in the middle where we wanted.

kkolbusz1 03-20-2013 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrassMaster (Post 47858497)
Yes, you will get it back. Unfortunately found out ourselves last week. I will say the refund came very quick through TTS. Good luck!

What did yours get rofr'd at?

Illini Al 03-20-2013 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nalajms (Post 47858630)
Good luck! I'm so excited for you. :goodvibes Just get ready to negotiate.

When we used a credit card with Fidelity, they didn't even bother charging the deposit until after ROFR.

Interesting, our deposit was charged to my credit card a couple days into the ROFR period. The purchase was with Fidelity as well.

denneg 03-20-2013 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mommy2TwoMickeys
We are beyond excited that we have finally put our first offer in for a DVC Resale :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: Now the waiting game begins which I have never been good at :lmao: Anyways, I spoke to the listing agent and he said hopefully we should have an answer from the seller today and then we can move forward with the contract and deposit. My question is, if we agree on a price and send in the deposit...what happens with our deposit if Disney ROFR's our points?? Do we get our deposit back?

We put in our first offer yesterday! Not optimistic since the seller isn't responding and we offered near asking price...so most likely we will be making our second offer by Friday! So exciting! Good luck to you!

Mommy2TwoMickeys 03-21-2013 08:36 AM

Thank You Everyone! Well the seller accepted our offer :cool1: and actually accepted it about 10 minutes after I started this thread :rotfl2: We signed the contract and send it back, As of 3:30pm yesterday the seller did not sign theirs yet, but hoping that they did by this morning to get it on its way to Disney! I will keep you posted :goodvibes



Quote:

Originally Posted by denneg (Post 47862230)
We put in our first offer yesterday! Not optimistic since the seller isn't responding and we offered near asking price...so most likely we will be making our second offer by Friday! So exciting! Good luck to you!

Good Luck To You As Well! Such An Exciting Time! I Sure Hope Your Seller Responds Today! pixiedust:

denneg 03-26-2013 08:35 AM

Our seller never responded, so they pulled the listing. Looking now for something similar, slim pickings right now for the number of points we want with at least the 2013 points intact! In the meantime, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you with the ROFR process!

PCMama 03-26-2013 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by denneg
Our seller never responded, so they pulled the listing. Looking now for something similar, slim pickings right now for the number of points we want with at least the 2013 points intact! In the meantime, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you with the ROFR process!

Bummer!!keep us posted!!!

Mommy2TwoMickeys 03-26-2013 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by denneg (Post 47913608)
Our seller never responded, so they pulled the listing. Looking now for something similar, slim pickings right now for the number of points we want with at least the 2013 points intact! In the meantime, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you with the ROFR process!

So sorry to hear that they didn't respond! I have noticed that their aren't many listings. Though I've read somewhere that soon their should be more DVC's available because most people scoop the listings up with income tax funds :confused3 Thanks so much! It was sent to Disney on March 21st so we still have a ways to go!


Quote:

Originally Posted by PCMama (Post 47914923)
Bummer!!keep us posted!!!


I sure will :goodvibes

e46m3 03-26-2013 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by denneg (Post 47913608)
Our seller never responded, so they pulled the listing. Looking now for something similar, slim pickings right now for the number of points we want with at least the 2013 points intact! In the meantime, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you with the ROFR process!

Was the seller from Japan? This happened to me too.

denneg 03-28-2013 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by e46m3 (Post 47915463)
Was the seller from Japan? This happened to me too.

I'm not sure, it was a listing with **** for 200 SSR points. They let us know that they hadn't heard back from them and by that point, I think we were one of three offers anyway! Now we haven't found just what we're looking for, and I don't want to jump at something else that isn't just right and then regret it down the line. Hoping the right listing comes along soon!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:06 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.