The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Cruise Line Forum (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Adding items to the breakfast slip you hang on your door (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3082948)

stulaurie 03-19-2013 06:43 PM

Adding items to the breakfast slip you hang on your door
 
Does anyone know if you can hand write in an item that is listed on the 24 hour room service menu to the slip that you put out the night before? One person in our family likes to have a BLT for breakfast. We would love for it to arrive at the same time that our breakfast does. Do you think we need to call that in seperate or can we just write it in on the slip that we leave on our door?

sayhello 03-19-2013 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stulaurie (Post 47849872)
Does anyone know if you can hand write in an item that is listed on the 24 hour room service menu to the slip that you put out the night before? One person in our family likes to have a BLT for breakfast. We would love for it to arrive at the same time that our breakfast does. Do you think we need to call that in seperate or can we just write it in on the slip that we leave on our door?

You can try. I added things to the list, but they were all breakfast type things. If they can get it from one of the restaurants, they'll try their best. The only thing I had not show up was Cream of Wheat (I really thought I'd seen it on one of the breakfast menus). But they called me to apologize profusely that they didn't have any on the ship! So give it a try. Just realize there's always a possibility they may not be able to get it.

Sayhello

Woodmnky 03-20-2013 09:21 AM

You can definitely try. I would think that since BLTs are offered on the 24 hour room service menu that you would stand a good chance of getting it. On Fantasy I found the Room Service Dept to be amazing. They went above & beyond on several occaisions & I always tipped generously for their assistance.

Edited to add: If you try this, let us know how it goes. A BLT for breakfast sounds pretty yummy. I'm sure that I could call & order it, but pre-ordering is so easy.

Four Swampers 03-20-2013 09:25 AM

I once asked for bacon and received a note with breakfast stating they wouldn't do bacon. Still worth a try. Who knows, maybe I would have succeeded with a request for a BLT? Kitchens can be funny that way.

sambycat 03-20-2013 10:55 AM

I'd read that people had gotten vegan smoothies for breakfast in the room so I took a stab at writing it in without luck. I didn't call and ask about it. Breakfast is usually cold items anyway.

stulaurie 03-20-2013 12:43 PM

I will try it and let you know how it turns out. I'm not asking for anything special since you can order a BLT from the 24 hour room service. I would think it would be easier for them too as to not to have to make 2 trips.

lilpooh108 03-20-2013 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sambycat (Post 47855670)
I'd read that people had gotten vegan smoothies for breakfast in the room so I took a stab at writing it in without luck. I didn't call and ask about it. Breakfast is usually cold items anyway.

What's in a vegan smoothie? My DD can't have anything w/milk...

klc1923 03-20-2013 10:02 PM

I order early morning coffee and rolls each morning. However this time I also hand wrote 2 Mickey Ice Cream Bars one morning when the grandchildren were having a "sleepover" in our room, because grandma's can offer ice cream for breafast while on vacation! The were served on a plate with the cover, just like the rolls they were used to seeing.

I will never forget the look of surprise and excitement when I offered ice cream for breakfast!:rotfl2:

Texas lady 03-20-2013 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by klc1923 (Post 47863229)
I order early morning coffee and rolls each morning. However this time I also hand wrote 2 Mickey Ice Cream Bars one morning when the grandchildren were having a "sleepover" in our room, because grandma's can offer ice cream for breafast while on vacation! The were served on a plate with the cover, just like the rolls they were used to seeing.

I will never forget the look of surprise and excitement when I offered ice cream for breakfast!:rotfl2:

:offtopic:

Only grandma's can do this!! ( good for you) your grandbabies will have that great memory of you doing that for them:goodvibes

BEYONCE 03-20-2013 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by klc1923
I order early morning coffee and rolls each morning. However this time I also hand wrote 2 Mickey Ice Cream Bars one morning when the grandchildren were having a "sleepover" in our room, because grandma's can offer ice cream for breafast while on vacation! The were served on a plate with the cover, just like the rolls they were used to seeing.

I will never forget the look of surprise and excitement when I offered ice cream for breakfast!:rotfl2:

Some of my best childhoods memories are of my grandmother doing things like this! Love it

lilpooh108 03-20-2013 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by klc1923 (Post 47863229)
I order early morning coffee and rolls each morning. However this time I also hand wrote 2 Mickey Ice Cream Bars one morning when the grandchildren were having a "sleepover" in our room, because grandma's can offer ice cream for breafast while on vacation! The were served on a plate with the cover, just like the rolls they were used to seeing.

I will never forget the look of surprise and excitement when I offered ice cream for breakfast!:rotfl2:

OMG...my mom used to help me with DD's breakfast (then age 2) when I worked alot. I was rushing downstairs and out the door one day, and I looked at the table and saw an ice-cream sandwich on DD's plate. I was like, "MOM, ice cream for breakfast? Really?" And she goes, "It's ok have a nice day at work" :lmao:

Double standard, I must say, since I never got ice cream for breakfast, LOL.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:19 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.