The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Boardwalk Inn / Villas (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3082626)

Scotybo 03-19-2013 10:44 AM

Boardwalk Inn / Villas
 
Ok folks so I procrastinated. Went to book our room at the Yacht Club with the 30 % off special this am and the rooms were no longer available. I know I have till the 31st but I dont like to wait till the last min. The big question is we have tons of options. We wanted to stay on the Epcot side of things this time because well the location is ideal for mid-day afternoons by the pool. Its just me and my wife.
The big question is am I missing something about the Boardwalk Inn. For some odd reason it does not appeal to me. Is it a cool place? The Yacht Club had the best location. We go to WDW very often and we decide the resort based on the type of trip we want. My concern about the moderate resorts is the long travel time between resorts and parks. Love magic kingdom resorts but we love Epcot.
Should I talke a chance on Boardwalk. Sell me on it!!! any info would be great.

Thanks guys !!!

Missyrose 03-19-2013 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scotybo (Post 47844513)
Ok folks so I procrastinated. Went to book our room at the Yacht Club with the 30 % off special this am and the rooms were no longer available. I know I have till the 31st but I dont like to wait till the last min. The big question is we have tons of options. We wanted to stay on the Epcot side of things this time because well the location is ideal for mid-day afternoons by the pool. Its just me and my wife.
The big question is am I missing something about the Boardwalk Inn. For some odd reason it does not appeal to me. Is it a cool place? The Yacht Club had the best location. We go to WDW very often and we decide the resort based on the type of trip we want. My concern about the moderate resorts is the long travel time between resorts and parks. Love magic kingdom resorts but we love Epcot.
Should I talke a chance on Boardwalk. Sell me on it!!! any info would be great.

Thanks guys !!!

Boardwalk is great, you can walk to Epcot and DHS. It has the same long bus rides to MK, AK and DTD as Yacht Club. And you have the convenience of having all the other Epcot resorts right there so you can take advantage of all the dining options.

The only big difference between YC and BWI is the pool. BWI's pool is a more "normal" pool than Stormalong Bay, but the slide at BWI is really awesome.

Mynamewastaken 03-19-2013 11:04 AM

I was torn between the two as well and I went with BWI... the rooms look nice, the balcony overlooking the boardwalk and water is amazing and there is a lot to see and do along the boardwalk.

Deb & Bill 03-19-2013 11:09 AM

Do you have a car? Parking is not as convenient at the BWI/BWV like YC and BC. You get a lot of guests trying to avoid paying for parking at Epcot parking at BW so it leaves further out parking for the BWI/BWV guests.

Have you checked availability at the BC?

Wood Nymph 03-19-2013 11:11 AM

We've been to all three, BC/YC and BWI, and like it the least of the three. The rooms are equivalent, that isn't the problem. There really isn't a good quick service option there for breakfast. The layout is a little weird, so your room location could have a lot of walking to get out. I did like that it was more convenient to get to HS from there and that the Boardwalk activities were right there.

We love the Epcot resort area, especially being able to walk into Epcot at night. It was the one thing we missed when we were at the WL last month. You really get spoiled by not having to take a bus to two resorts.

LSchrow 03-19-2013 11:44 AM

imho, BWI has the most beautiful pool on property! it is considered a "quiet pool", without a slide but has gorgeous landscaping (etheral) and one of the few (or only) actually quiet pools.
the nighttime BW entertainment is within minutes of your room, DHS is actually closer than from the YC (which we also love).
if you can get a BW view room, prepare to be :cloud9: (there's nothing like it, anywhere in WDW). honestly, we were not impressed with any view at YC/BC/BCV (lounging on one's balcony, looking out over a parking lot is just not what i envision a vacation to be :(). fyi, some BC rooms have SRO balconies.
btw, we haven't had parking problems at the BW in years, ever since they have put up posts at the 1st entrance, with guards preventing non-resort guests from parking in the resort guest lot (we stay at the BWV at least 2-3x a year).
the BWI is definately more "adult": serene, less chaotic, and romantic. as a couple, you would probably enjoy going to jellyrolls (dueling piano bar), walking the BW at night (entertainers, carny games, etc), walking to EPCOT for a grey goose slushie :lovestruc, mini-golf behind the swolphin (okay the last you could do from any of the 3 resorts, just had to throw them in there tho:blush:), etc
even just walking to DHS is lovely....

Scotybo 03-20-2013 08:10 PM

Hey guys,
Thank you all for the messages about the boardwalk. I'm planning on checking it out this trip. With that said we were able to move our dates around and get the spring discount for the yacht club!!! So I pose another question. The thing I love about Disney is I never have the same trip twice. In November we discovered the tune in lounge, bobs piano show at riverside, and the Grand Floridian cafe. Any suggestions for this trip?? We love finding new things!!

Thanks again

Sandi 03-20-2013 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scotybo (Post 47861913)
Hey guys,
Thank you all for the messages about the boardwalk. I'm planning on checking it out this trip. With that said we were able to move our dates around and get the spring discount for the yacht club!!! So I pose another question. The thing I love about Disney is I never have the same trip twice. In November we discovered the tune in lounge, bobs piano show at riverside, and the Grand Floridian cafe. Any suggestions for this trip?? We love finding new things!!

Thanks again

Have you been to Jelly Rolls on the boardwalk? It is a tremendous dueling pianos bar. Have to be 21 to enter. A lot of fun.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

lbv7 03-20-2013 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deb & Bill (Post 47844812)
Do you have a car? Parking is not as convenient at the BWI/BWV like YC and BC. You get a lot of guests trying to avoid paying for parking at Epcot parking at BW so it leaves further out parking for the BWI/BWV guests.

Have you checked availability at the BC?

Since BC/YC is closer to Epcot than BWI/BWV, and the parking at the BW is horrendous as you previously stated, then why is everyone trying to park at the Boardwalk and not the other way around?

Missyrose 03-21-2013 04:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lbv7
Since BC/YC is closer to Epcot than BWI/BWV, and the parking at the BW is horrendous as you previously stated, then why is everyone trying to park at the Boardwalk and not the other way around?

Because it's a lot easier to claim you're going to Boardwalk for a meal (there are two restaurants that don't even take ADRs), park in self-park lot and walk to Epcot.

herb102211 03-21-2013 08:30 AM

We've been to both the Beach Club and Boardwalk and I do prefer BC or BWI (mainly for the theming and close proximity to Epcot). However, BWI is a nice alternative if there are no rooms at BC. The main thing I like about the BC over the BWI is the restaurants within the hotel (BWI you have to go outside onto the Boardwalk even to fill up your mug). If that's not an issue for you, then I would definitely pick the BWI over the moderates, again due to location and the fact that you won't have to take buses to 2 out of the 4 parks.

LSchrow 03-21-2013 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lbv7 (Post 47863270)
Since BC/YC is closer to Epcot than BWI/BWV, and the parking at the BW is horrendous as you previously stated, then why is everyone trying to park at the Boardwalk and not the other way around?

because the BW itself is onsidered a "destination": many people go there to see the performers, play the games, go to JR's (or ADH), eat at Big River Grill/ESPN/Flying Fish/kouzzina or snack from the kiosks/bakery(YUM)/sweet shoppe(great ice cream), view illuminations (higher parts - can also do from the BC/YC area), or simply stroll along the BW.
the BC has restaurants: cape may (which we really enjoy, except for the character meals), yachtsman, beaches & cream, but lacks entertainment (other than free outdoor movies for guests, which both have).
tw, the difference in time from the EPCOT resorts to EPCOT or DHS is minimal (actually, YC may be further than (or the same) as the BWI to EPCOT, and closer (or the same again) to DHS - under a 10minute difference walking).

ElizabethB 03-21-2013 12:03 PM

We've stayed at BWI, BC, YC. Frankly, the only real difference I can see is the pool. Much better pool at BC/YC.

If that doesn't matter to you, then BWI is just fine, IMO. Not much difference really in ambience, regular rooms, room amenities, dining options, etc. We like BWI because it's a bit shorter walk to DHS.

If you're interested in some different room types, BWI has Garden Suites that look fun and deluxe rooms with Boardwalk views. BC has nice deluxe rooms that are more spacious than regular rooms. YC has deluxe rooms too but they are never available on a discount.

I agree with those who mention parking at BWI is something of a pain due to Epcot visitors parking there. We have complained about that during F&W Festival.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:08 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.