The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Distance from YC to the Swan? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3082532)

sleepydog25 03-19-2013 08:59 AM

Distance from YC to the Swan?
 
My DF will be staying at the YC for a few days this fall, and she plans to walk from there to the Swan for coffee each morning as part of her workout routine. Approximately how far is it one way to walk from, say, the lobby of YC to the lobby of the Swan? By my Google Path finder, it appears to be a half-mile, but remembering the area, that seems to be a conservative distance. Anyone have a reliable estimate? Thanks!

OKW Lover 03-19-2013 09:53 AM

Walked that route a couple of weeks ago. Half a mile sounds right. I'd expect it to take about 5-10 minutes.

goofy4tink 03-19-2013 10:05 AM

It's not a long walk by any means. Now...if she goes left out of YC and walks to the Swan that way??? Much longer walk...closer to 25 mins!! It's the long way around!!

sleepydog25 03-19-2013 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OKW Lover (Post 47843412)
Walked that route a couple of weeks ago. Half a mile sounds right. I'd expect it to take about 5-10 minutes.

Thanks! She'll need her coffee run and will combine that with her exercise time. ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by goofy4tink
It's not a long walk by any means. Now...if she goes left out of YC and walks to the Swan that way??? Much longer walk...closer to 25 mins!! It's the long way around!!

She thought about that route, but I don't think she wants to do more than a mile and a half total for the round trip. Perhaps I'll tell her to go the long way there and the shorter route back. Thanks! :thumbsup2

ChloroFiend 03-19-2013 12:01 PM

I just did a quick route with MapMyRun. Looks to be about .42 miles from lobby to lobby via the direct route.

sleepydog25 03-19-2013 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChloroFiend (Post 47844725)
I just did a quick route with MapMyRun. Looks to be about .42 miles from lobby to lobby via the direct route.

Thanks so much! I will pass along that info to my DF. Even though that distance might be slightly shorter than she wants, her primary concern going via Boardwalk is that she has had issues slipping on the actual boardwalk itself when it's damp in the morning, so I'm guessing the direct route will still be her choice.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:39 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.