The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Dining Plan (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=116)
-   -   DDP credits on Individual KTWCs? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3082415)

luvs2travl 03-18-2013 09:55 PM

DDP credits on Individual KTWCs?

Is it possible to assign the DDP credits to each person in a room?

My SIL is going with a friend and They will not always be together. She would like to have her own DDP credits solely on her KTKC.

I wonder if this is possible? Makes sense for two adults who are just sharing a hotel room.

SteveMouse 03-19-2013 12:10 AM

Sorry, at least for now (who knows with magic bands) credits are assigned to the room, not the individual. All room occupants have access to all credits.

(I could see a future where, through MyDisneyExperience, I could allocate credits to cards in my room or place limits on charges- great for managing kids!)

POOHsie 03-19-2013 09:35 AM

It's really not hard to manage DDP credits. For each night at a Disney resort, each person in the room gets 1 TS, 1 CS and ! snack. If 2 people stay 5 nights in the room, that would be 10 TS, 10 CS, 10 Snack Credits, which would be received all-at-once at check-in. The credits aren't assigned individually but in your SIL's case, the common arrangement would be for half of those credits for her and half for her friend. Though your SIL and her friend won't always be together, it should be easy to note their daily credit usage. Also, they will get a receipt for each meal, which would be a helpful paper record.

luvs2travl 03-21-2013 03:04 PM

Yes, in theory it's very easy to keep track of the DDP credits. However, if one guests abuses it, the other person can lose out.

My SIL is concerned her friend will be dishonest and use some of her allotted credits, especially snack credits.

For two guests in one room, with different last names, there should be a way to individually assign the credits.

aaarcher86 03-21-2013 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luvs2travl (Post 47868824)
Yes, in theory it's very easy to keep track of the DDP credits. However, if one guests abuses it, the other person can lose out.

My SIL is concerned her friend will be dishonest and use some of her allotted credits, especially snack credits.

For two guests in one room, with different last names, there should be a way to individually assign the credits.

Doesn't sound like much of a 'friend' :confused3

Anyway, I don't disagree they should be able to - but at this moment in time they can't/don't. Hopefully your SIL can work it out with the other person. It's probably a safe assumption that Disney feels if you're comfortable enough to stay in a hotel room together, you're probably able to verbally communicate enough to work out dp allocations. This type of request or hope is probably rare.

POOHsie 03-21-2013 04:23 PM

When you're out at the parks, walking miles in the sun and heat, you aren't so hungry. Plus, stopping what you're doing to get to your dinner reservation can be annoying, because overall WDW is twice as big as Manhattan. For me, the DDP meal with automatic dessert isn't like I eat at home. It's too much food at one time, and too much of the wrong food. Sometimes I'd just like to order something light, like an appetizer and small salad. With DDP, I can't do that.

Because of these reasons and others, many people have leftover credits at the end of their trip. They just didn't eat like they thought they would. I wouldn't worry in advance about the issue of food credits. Just see how it turns out. If the friend takes too many snack credits, remember their value is around $4 each (or less). Not a big deal, and not worth losing a friendship over. Unless there wasn't really a friendship to begin with. Nobody can help with that.