The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Room requests (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3082212)

I loveStitchnippyjon 03-18-2013 03:58 PM

Room requests

I probably should know this, but in all our visits to WDW I have not actually requested a specific room or building!:goodvibes
DH has become an "exercise junkie" and so for our next trip in June we chose CSR, since it is the mod with a good exercise room. It would be so much more convenient for him if we were in Casitas 4 near the exercise facility.
Can I make this request when I do on line check-in before leaving home? He'll freak if our room is at the opposite end of the resort, since it is so spread out.
Thanks for the help!

figment_jii 03-18-2013 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I loveStitchnippyjon (Post 47836465)
Can I make this request when I do on line check-in before leaving home?

I don't know about the online check-in route, but you can call and ask them to put the request on your reservations. I did this for my recent reservation and it was very easy.

kaytieeldr 03-18-2013 05:31 PM

On the other hand, warming up for an exercise routine by walking to the facility isn't necessarily a bad idea... :).

lobsterkmd 03-18-2013 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaytieeldr
On the other hand, warming up for an exercise routine by walking to the facility isn't necessarily a bad idea... :).

Exactly!!

Dis_Dreamin 03-18-2013 07:27 PM

IIRC from my recent experience, online check-in only offers Cabanas as a location selection, but not Casitas. I just did online check-in for our upcoming trip and already had a request for Casitas (so we can be the first bus stop), and only requested close to transportation for the online portion. I would call (as I will again) closer to your arrival date to request Casitas. You might even be able to ask about placing a request for close to exercise facilities. That might work as well.

MinnieLovesMickey12 03-18-2013 08:51 PM

I would call 407WDISNEY and ask the CM to put a room request on your reservation and I would request "Casita 4 or Casita 5"

Casita 4 is where the work out room is but Casita 5 is the building right next to it.

If you want to be guaranteed to be near the work out room you can book a preferred room. The preferred rooms are in Casitas 1, 2 and 3.

We were going to stay at CSR on our November trip but I changed my mind when so many ppl complained about the motion sensors on the air conditioners. If you aren't moving around the room (like when you are sleeping) the air cuts off and you gets sweaty in your sleep.

We also picked it for the work out room because my DH works out every day. Now we just decided to stay at OKW instead. We are going to rent points and try to book a preferred room at OKW (Hospitality House studio) because OKW has a good work out room too.

I can't sleep with no air blowing.

kaytieeldr 03-18-2013 09:56 PM

Both resorts - CSR and OKW - also have excellent internal bus transportation. Guests who can't get a room close to the workout area and won't walk to it can always use the bus system.

disneybliss2 03-18-2013 10:18 PM

Your best bet is to call and request a room close to the exercise facility.

Dis_Dreamin 03-19-2013 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MinnieLovesMickey12 (Post 47839584)
We were going to stay at CSR on our November trip but I changed my mind when so many ppl complained about the motion sensors on the air conditioners. If you aren't moving around the room (like when you are sleeping) the air cuts off and you gets sweaty in your sleep.

I've seen somewhere that there are bypass instructions so you can bypass the motion sensor and have the room set to whatever temp you want for a period of 24 or 48 hrs...something like that.

winterman 03-19-2013 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I loveStitchnippyjon (Post 47836465)
DH has become an "exercise junkie" and so for our next trip in June we chose CSR, since it is the mod with a good exercise room. It would be so much more convenient for him if we were in Casitas 4 near the exercise facility.
Can I make this request when I do on line check-in before leaving home? He'll freak if our room is at the opposite end of the resort, since it is so spread out.
Thanks for the help!

I'm sorry, but I have to ask.

Doesn't walking count as exercise?

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2: