The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Restaurants (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   What time for ressies at O'hana and wishes? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3082181)

VeeHam 03-18-2013 01:54 PM

What time for ressies at O'hana and wishes?
 
We will be going to O'hana's one evening, probably October 13, Sunday. I'm trying to catch a 9 PM wishes while there. I would like to be finished eating and down by the beach when it starts. Can someone tell me around what time I should make our ressies for? We'll be a party of 7 so the likelihood of getting a table in front of the window I hear is pretty small. Thanks

Malakaiii 03-18-2013 02:14 PM

We're planning the same kind of thing with our party of 6. I have a 8:20pm reservation to catch at 10pm Wishes show. I think it will work!

figment_jii 03-18-2013 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VeeHam (Post 47835807)
We will be going to O'hana's one evening, probably October 13, Sunday. I'm trying to catch a 9 PM wishes while there. I would like to be finished eating and down by the beach when it starts. Can someone tell me around what time I should make our ressies for? We'll be a party of 7 so the likelihood of getting a table in front of the window I hear is pretty small. Thanks

I usually allow about 90 minutes for a TS meal. Just to be safe, I'd allow about two hours to account for any delays in seating, getting food, etc. I'd rather have to wait a bit for the fireworks than be rushed (or feel rushed) while eating.

PictureJumpr 03-18-2013 02:22 PM

I'd shoot for 2 hours ahead of Wishes to be safe.

Ohana is notorious for long waits after checking in, regardless of ADR time.
We had a 9:35 ADR a couple of weeks ago. Checked in at 9:05 (early, I know, but we had nothing else to do really). Buzzer went off at 9:52. Wishes had been at 9pm that night, so we weren't trying to catch it, but still.
I don't think I've been there for dinner at any point in the last several years where we didn't wait at least 20 minutes after checking in to get seated.

VeeHam 03-18-2013 02:35 PM

Thanks for all the replies.

When you're finally seated, how long does it take to finish your meal? I know they bring each item out separately and I don't want to feel rushed and miss the entertainment for the kids but also don't want to miss the fireworks. I am thinking making the ressie at 7PM for a 9 PM wishes. Does that sound reasonable? Or should I make 6:45PM since we'll have a wait?

OhThePain 03-18-2013 02:43 PM

While I personally don't care for 'Ohana or the view of Wishes from the Poly beach, I want to point out that the night in question, Sunday October 13th, could very likely be a MNSSHP night. If it is, HalloWishes goes off at 9:30 instead of 9. This is based on last years October park hours where Sunday, October 14th was a MNSSHP night.

VeeHam 03-18-2013 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OhThePain (Post 47836301)
While I personally don't care for 'Ohana or the view of Wishes from the Poly beach, I want to point out that the night in question, Sunday October 13th, could very likely be a MNSSHP night. If it is, HalloWishes goes off at 9:30 instead of 9. This is based on last years October park hours where Sunday, October 14th was a MNSSHP night.

Thank you! I'll check on this when this info is released.

What is wrong with the view? Just curious.

OhThePain 03-18-2013 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VeeHam (Post 47836699)
Thank you! I'll check on this when this info is released.

What is wrong with the view? Just curious.

IMO, the only view worth seeing Wishes from is the one from MSUSA. While it's ok to see Wishes from different areas, nothing compairs. To me, watching it from anywhere else is no different than watching any fireworks show from a distance. It's ok, but I can't help but feel disconnected from the actual event.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:53 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.