The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Restaurants (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Favorite table service breakfasts? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3082117)

lnh'smom 03-18-2013 12:44 PM

Favorite table service breakfasts?

Tell me where you like to have a table service breakfast. We're not looking to do any character meals for this trip as it will just be me and DH. TIA for any opinions!

VACamm 03-18-2013 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lnh'smom
Tell me where you like to have a table service breakfast. We're not looking to do any character meals for this trip as it will just be me and DH. TIA for any opinions!

We have never done a TS at WDW... embarrassing isnt it lol We usually eat quick service or food court breakfasts at the resort :)

lnh'smom 03-18-2013 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VACamm (Post 47834366)
We have never done a TS at WDW... embarrassing isnt it lol We usually eat quick service or food court breakfasts at the resort :)

We normally do the same ;) The only table service breakfast we do is Chef Mickey's with the kids. This trip we are doing DXDDP so we thought we try out breakfast

goofyintoronto 03-18-2013 01:12 PM

Kona without a doubt is my fave. so yummy! I love the tonga toast & the pressed coffee pot. :goodvibes

jwfla422 03-18-2013 01:14 PM

Definitely The Wave at the CR for us. They have a menu and a great buffet.

The Wave breakfast review

We also like The Captains Grille at the YC has a nice breakfast (and a buffet too).

The Captains Grille review

Deb & Bill 03-18-2013 01:15 PM

Grand Floridian Cafe and Eggs Benedict.

HappyHaunts999 03-18-2013 01:24 PM

Kona-great coffee and food, on monorail
Kouzinna- quite for breakfast and nice food, on Boardwalk
Boma- buffet w/o characters, our favorite, AKL
all have press pot coffee

jenjersnap 03-18-2013 01:34 PM

Kona or Boma are our favorites. Captains Grille is a great Disney value. We want to try Kouzzina - heard great things.

VillianDiva 03-18-2013 02:26 PM

Kona - hands down! We have to eat there 2 times each trip for breakfast

lnh'smom 03-18-2013 02:45 PM

Thank everyone! We definitely had Kona on our list...all our trips and we still haven't had Tonga toast! Sounds like most people like Boma?!? We'll have to look into the other suggestions too. I appreciate all your opinions. Anyone try any place they were less than impressed with? (I know, everyone is different!) Thanks again

figment_jii 03-18-2013 03:46 PM

If you're willing to include buffets in your list, then I highly recommend Boma. As you could tell from the PPs, it's a pretty popular and well liked option at WDW. It has some of the standard American breakfast fare (waffles, pancakes, sausage, bacon) and a few items with an African-influence. It's a little out of the way (getting to AKL), but well worth it.

BEASLYBOO 03-18-2013 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deb & Bill (Post 47834712)
Grand Floridian Cafe and Eggs Benedict.

This is my fave as well! and a Pressed Pot of coffee (all to myself!) :cloud9:

winnieatepooh 03-18-2013 03:59 PM

Thank you for posting this! I'm looking for a TS breakfast for our leaving day, so this has been very helpful :)

amym2 03-18-2013 04:11 PM

Love Boma! The french toast bread pudding with pecan praline sauce was to die for!! And the fresh fruit swimming in some sort of milky sweetness... yum!

We love Boma for dinner, but it became very expensive once our DS hit age 10, so we thought we'd give it a try for breakfast. We were afraid we might be disappointed, but we all loved it!

If you're willing to do a character breakfast, we also loved Cape May Cafe.

BEASLYBOO 03-18-2013 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amym2 (Post 47836611)
Love Boma! The french toast bread pudding with pecan praline sauce was to die for!! And the fresh fruit swimming in some sort of milky sweetness... yum! .

They also have a bread pudding for dessert at night that is served with 2 sauces, it's to die for! With this who needs dry, zebra domes!