The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Cruise Line Forum (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Pixie dust on-board (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3081920)

susieyarb 03-18-2013 12:07 AM

Pixie dust on-board

This may be random, but one of my daughter's favorite memories from WDW 3 years ago was being sprinkled with pixie dust as we walked out of the castle. Is there any time on ship where you are surprised by an actual sprinkling of pixie dust?

nannylori 03-18-2013 12:30 AM

If you mean physically,REAL pixie dust,the closest one might get is being all done up in the BBBBoutique - the girls get it put in their hair.
But I just got off my 4th cruise yesterday and there were a TON of characters,on the Fantasy, LOTS of princesses,but I personally never saw any Pixie Dust flying in the public areas.

From an imagination perspective, I was ALWAYS feeling it,though!!!!!!pixiedust:

lbgraves 03-18-2013 12:33 AM

Some of the shows in the theater have confetti. The Til We Meet Again on the Magic & Wonder have Mickey confetti shoot out over everyone in the atrium, but I don't remember that being done on the Fantasy last year.

Meghatron 03-18-2013 12:36 AM

I don't want to give away show spoilers but the end of Dreams (Magic & Wonder) has a form of pixie dust that doesn't stick to clothes but still takes my breath away every time I see it. And the look on my daughter's face pretty much justifies the price of the cruise.

lbgraves 03-18-2013 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meghatron (Post 47830831)
I don't want to give away show spoilers but the end of Dreams (Magic & Wonder) has a form of pixie dust that doesn't stick to clothes but still takes my breath away every time I see it. And the look on my daughter's face pretty much justifies the price of the cruise.

I got goosebumps just thinking about it!!! Makes me cry every time. pixiedust:

Meghatron 03-18-2013 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lbgraves

YES me too!

cpeters 03-18-2013 12:46 AM

Was on Fantasy last month (Feb 2-9/ Western Caribbean) and they had pixie dust (Gold colored Mickey Mouse head confetti) that fell on everyone in the atrium at the end of the "Till we meet again" Character farewell on the last night of the Cruise.

lbgraves 03-18-2013 12:56 AM

Thanks. We were on the MV and things were a little crazy that last night. It wasn't anything like the TWMA on the classics. I didn't remember since it was the first time we didn't get pictures that night.

ciraulo887 03-18-2013 01:01 AM

On The Wonder in February the kids club had a "where's Tink?" activity. The kids all got sprinkled with prixie dust during the activity. My DD had a blast.

susieyarb 03-18-2013 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meghatron (Post 47830831)

Great! We will be on the Magic so I'll make sure we see Dreams together!

susieyarb 03-18-2013 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ciraulo887 (Post 47830913)
On The Wonder in February the kids club had a "where's Tink?" activity. The kids all got sprinkled with prixie dust during the activity. My DD had a blast.

This is good to know! If we have that activity, I'll encourage her to join in.

mmouse37 03-18-2013 09:50 AM

If you sit in the middle section of the Walt Disney Theatre you will experience some special things during the shows from above!

MJ

Keurigirl 03-18-2013 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lbgraves (Post 47830845)

Omg me too!!!!!!!! Fav show of any Disney park or cruise.

susieyarb 03-20-2013 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mmouse37 (Post 47832557)
If you sit in the middle section of the Walt Disney Theatre you will experience some special things during the shows from above!

MJ

You mean dead center? Like middle lengthwise as well as width? I want to experience all the Magic we can LOL!

wiigirl 03-20-2013 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lbgraves (Post 47830845)

Me too...