The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Restaurants (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   The Wave or Via Napoli (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3081673)

jess20k 03-17-2013 03:54 PM

The Wave or Via Napoli

Hi, I am deciding btw these two for our last ADR and would love to hear which one you enjoyed better, if you have dined at both. The location does not matter to us, so I am not taking that into consideration. TIA! :goodvibes

gabzee 03-17-2013 04:06 PM

I voted for Via Napoli, 100%! We have been to both the Wave and Via Napoli. The Wave was just ok for us. The decor, food, and service did not stand out at all. Personally, I wouldn't go to the Wave again unless I was staying at the Contemporary and there was nothing else available. There are so many better options at Disney. On the other hand, Via Napoli is one of our favorite restaurants in Disney!! The food is absolutely delicious! They have great pizza as well as other entrees (love their eggplant parmigiana)!! :thumbsup2

goofyintoronto 03-17-2013 04:13 PM

Via Napoli is DELICIOUS!!!!!!!! You can take a look at my review with pictures in the link below. Amazing pizza. And the zeppolle for dessert is so yummy, it comes to your table warm and fresh...with chocolate sauce & whip cream for dipping! :goodvibes The atmosphere is so gorgeous. Bright and vibrant and airy. I love this place!

Sweet Melissa 03-17-2013 04:18 PM

Would this be for lunch or dinner?

kam1011 03-17-2013 05:09 PM

I haven't been to Via Napoli, but I don't like The Wave. We went once a few years ago, shortly after it opened, and the portions were so small we left hungry. My plate literally had 4 or 5 mouthfuls of food on it, no exaggeration.

TinkerwithDis 03-17-2013 05:27 PM

No contest here. Via Napoli is amazing. Fantastic food from beginning to end. :thumbsup2

jwfla422 03-17-2013 05:53 PM

I love them both and think they are very different dining experiences. If you are talking lunch I would tend to lean more towards VN but since we prefer to tour the parks by day we like to dine at the resorts at night so I would chose The Wave for dinner.

Ro Z 03-17-2013 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kam1011 (Post 47827148)
I haven't been to Via Napoli, but I don't like The Wave. We went once a few years ago, shortly after it opened, and the portions were so small we left hungry. My plate literally had 4 or 5 mouthfuls of food on it, no exaggeration.

Totally agree! The Wave portions were laughable. Well I would have laughed if I didn't have to pay $$ for it! ;)
VN is the only place we eat at every trip. Sometimes twice!

goofyintoronto 03-17-2013 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ro Z

Totally agree! The Wave portions were laughable. Well I would have laughed if I didn't have to pay $$ for it! ;)
VN is the only place we eat at every trip. Sometimes twice!

Lol! Thats funny.

I guess its more like Elf food? Lol

wiigirl 03-17-2013 09:09 PM

Via Napoli.....you won't regret it. :)

Ro Z 03-17-2013 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goofyintoronto (Post 47829139)
Lol! Thats funny.

I guess its more like Elf food? Lol

Thats right Goofy!! :rotfl:

jwfla422 03-18-2013 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ro Z (Post 47829395)
Thats right Goofy!! :rotfl:

This "elf thing" is all going over my head, I keep seeing these comments about elf food and the Wave, yet most times we've gone to dinner at the Wave I walk out sometimes feeling too full...I guess I'm an "elf"...:thumbsup2

http://www.disneydiningreviews.com/i...-succatash.jpg
This was certainly "more than" enough food for me in addition to the bread, the appetizer, salad and the dessert trio...:confused3...not to mention the beer trio which I don't have every time we've dined there for dinner.

Ro Z 03-18-2013 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwfla422 (Post 47830689)
This "elf thing" is all going over my head, I keep seeing these comments about elf food and the Wave, yet most times we've gone to dinner at the Wave I walk out sometimes feeling too full...I guess I'm an "elf"...:thumbsup2

http://www.disneydiningreviews.com/i...-succatash.jpg
This was certainly "more than" enough food for me in addition to the bread, the appetizer, salad and the dessert trio...:confused3...not to mention the beer trio which I don't have every time we've dined there for dinner.

I am talking about a $35 meal that had 2 pieces of beef about the size of 1/2dollars. I don't want to have to add an app,salad, bread or dessert to fill up. My DH and DS are 6ft and 6ft2 190-220lb guys who were hungry after their dinner!! I am 5ft nothing and weigh.....well never mind. I was ok. But I am an elf when it comes to eating. ;) I
can't comment on any other entrees except the ones we ordered. Maybe what you ordered was filling. But ours were not. I know lots of people like the wave. But this is my opinion!

jess20k 03-18-2013 03:30 PM

Thank you so much for all your replies!! It is for dinner, at it looks like Via Napoli will be my choice! It sounds terrific!!! Thanks again, I can't wait to try it out! :goodvibes

kam1011 03-18-2013 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ro Z (Post 47830823)
I am talking about a $35 meal that had 2 pieces of beef about the size of 1/2dollars. I don't want to have to add an app,salad, bread or dessert to fill up. My DH and DS are 6ft and 6ft2 190-220lb guys who were hungry after their dinner!! I am 5ft nothing and weigh.....well never mind. I was ok. But I am an elf when it comes to eating. ;) I
can't comment on any other entrees except the ones we ordered. Maybe what you ordered was filling. But ours were not. I know lots of people like the wave. But this is my opinion!

That was the meal I had! The medallions!