The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Restaurants (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Just cancelled O'hana dinner & booked a SPA treatment! (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3081672)

Mommyof3inVA 03-17-2013 03:53 PM

Just cancelled O'hana dinner & booked a SPA treatment!

I decided after reading some not so great reviews about dinner at O'hana to cancel our ADR that I was sooo excited to have...I decided that it would be better to spend that $100+ on some "mommy time" so I booked a Spa treatment at the newly remodeled Senses Spa at the Grand Floridian!!

Is that selfish to cancel the dinner and book the spa treatment?! My kids are all under 6 years old so I dont think they will really care either way if we go or dont go to O'hana for dinner.

Lita 03-17-2013 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mommyof3inVA (Post 47826470)
I decided after reading some not so great reviews about dinner at O'hana to cancel our ADR that I was sooo excited to have...I decided that it would be better to spend that $100+ on some "mommy time" so I booked a Spa treatment at the newly remodeled Senses Spa at the Grand Floridian!!

Is that selfish to cancel the dinner and book the spa treatment?! My kids are all under 6 years old so I dont think they will really care either way if we go or dont go to O'hana for dinner.

Sounds great to me!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

davedmaine 03-17-2013 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mommyof3inVA (Post 47826470)

The kids won't care, but you're going to miss a great dinner. Don't go by the reviews here .. most of it is just mob mentality. Yes, you can get an off night there once in a while, but overall we find it (by far) to be the best restaurant on property..

goofyintoronto 03-17-2013 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davedmaine (Post 47826509)
The kids won't care, but you're going to miss a great dinner. Don't go by the reviews here .. most of it is just mob mentality. Yes, you can get an off night there once in a while, but overall we find it (by far) to be the best restaurant on property..

I respectfully disagree. I found ohana dinner to be somewhere between mediocre to below average. Very disapointing food. Slimy wings, dry pot stickers, the beef was terrible quality, the pork was horrnedous. Chicken wasnt bad. my faves were the salad & bread...oh, and dessert. But its far to overpriced (and overhyped) for the quality of food they serve. I really dont think youre missing anything at all.

Everyone will give you a different opinion, but one thing i realised about disney is that the best meals i've had were from a la carte restaurants (order off the menu). i've been most disapointed from buffets and all you can eat restaurants. The only exception is breakfast, i love the breakfast buffets.

I think you did the right thing here. You cant go wrong with a spa! So excited for you! :cool1:

hildarumpole 03-17-2013 05:00 PM

Smart move. I wish I'd thought of that. I love spending time with my kids, but after a bustling day in the parks with 3 kids, Ohana was the last straw. The kids were exhausted and didn't even care about the activities. My daughter cried, saying the noise made her head ache. The food wasn't anything special and the service was mediocre. That's the one Disney restaurant we've all agreed is a "never again." It cost more than our meal at Flying Fish, which was excellent.

TinkerwithDis 03-17-2013 05:25 PM

Its a "never again" for us too! Awful food. I honestly dont understand how some people say its the best food in disney. Yes i know we all have different taste, and thats fair....but I still dont understand. :lmao: It was such a disappointing meal, and expensive at that! Never again. To top it off, the singing lady was terrible. Thats the last thing I want to hear after a long day in the parks! :scared:

OP, you made the right choice. I wish I thought of that during my last disney trip!

TDC Nala 03-17-2013 05:27 PM

I don't think it's the best restaurant on property but I've been there when it was really really good and I've been there when it wasn't (and it's the SAME FOOD). It seems to be luck of the draw regarding which server you get or if the grill items are being cooked properly.

WILDERNESS FAN 55 03-17-2013 05:31 PM

Been to Ohana 3 times and each was good :thumbsup2 Not spectacular but good. So many choices at WDW !!