The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Restaurants (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Is T-rex possible without ADR? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3081624)

firsttimer4 03-17-2013 01:30 PM

Is T-rex possible without ADR?

I think my 5 yr old DS would love T-Rex. I tried to get ADR but have been unsucessful. Is it possible to get in without reservations?

mmmears 03-17-2013 01:34 PM

You have a much better chance of getting an ADR if you call T-Rex directly instead of booking through the WDW dining site. I would recommend that, so that your DS won't be disappointed if you show up and there are no tables available. Having said that, we went for lunch one day (and had an ADR) but there was plenty of room in the restaurant and they were telling people to wait 10-15 mins at most if they walked up and asked.

TDC Nala 03-17-2013 01:38 PM

Call T-Rex directly instead of going through Disney's reservation system, and you will likely have your pick of dates and times.

DisDreamsAshley 03-17-2013 02:01 PM

I agree, call T-Rex directly. But as a note, Last trip we were in DTD and decided to try to do lunch there. They were taking walk ins and we were seated almost right away, and half the restaurant was empty.

davedmaine 03-17-2013 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by firsttimer4 (Post 47825657)
I think my 5 yr old DS would love T-Rex. I tried to get ADR but have been unsucessful. Is it possible to get in without reservations?

We've eaten there at least 25 times and have never had a reservation and we've never been turned away. I think our longest wait may have been 20 minutes.. I wouldn't worry about it..

goofyintoronto 03-17-2013 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davedmaine (Post 47826484)
We've eaten there at least 25 times and have never had a reservation and we've never been turned away. I think our longest wait may have been 20 minutes.. I wouldn't worry about it..

Yup, us too. Only thing is, quite often my son couldnt wait for a table because he was STARVING so we end up sitting at the bar instead of waiting for a table. I actually dont mind it either, it sure beats the heck out of waiting! The bar is packed sometimes too, but since its only the two of us we usually get lucky with two seats.

The last few times we've been there, the wait for a table is about 30-45min. :scared: which is why we end up at the bar. Its kinda nice because the bar changes color along with the ice room during the meteor shower. Also, you have a really nice view of the aquarium.

Clearly we're not very fussy about where we end up sitting. :)

ryalluvdiz 03-17-2013 03:50 PM

I kept checking online for a june reservation... No availability... I finally called directly and got a reservation for a saturday night for 12 people ... No problem at all!

kam1011 03-17-2013 04:00 PM

I've always walked in without wait, no reservation, and we travel only during peak times.

MinnieLovesMickey12 03-17-2013 04:37 PM

Here is the number (407) 828-8739 Call and get whatever date and time you want. If you call them directly there is no problem getting a table but any time I have ever checked availability through Disney there were limited or no times.

BonnieA 03-17-2013 05:31 PM

If you have a Landry's Select Club card, you get priority seating. I've used mine at Rainforest Cafe and Yak and Yeti. Nice perk.

black562 03-17-2013 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BonnieA (Post 47827906)
If you have a Landry's Select Club card, you get priority seating. I've used mine at Rainforest Cafe and Yak and Yeti. Nice perk.

Yes the card is wonderful, plus they give you $25 to use during the month of your birthday, which works out great for me because that's when I go. :cool1:

katt789 03-17-2013 06:25 PM

I've done T Rex three times with no ADR, it can sometimes be a bit of a wait but not super long, it's a huge restaurant, and it's a lot of fun!

lakohls 03-17-2013 06:46 PM

Thank you - calling direct worked!

Quote:

Originally Posted by MinnieLovesMickey12 (Post 47827436)
Here is the number (407) 828-8739 Call and get whatever date and time you want. If you call them directly there is no problem getting a table but any time I have ever checked availability through Disney there were limited or no times.

Thank you thank you! This was the only dining request my kids had for our upcoming trip & I have been checking Disney dining online for months trying to get a dinner reservation. Just this minute called & bingo party of 6 on my preferred night (Saturday 3/30) & at 8:15pm. So only slightly later than ideal - but we are IN:cool1:

Ro Z 03-17-2013 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by black562 (Post 47828333)
Yes the card is wonderful, plus they give you $25 to use during the month of your birthday, which works out great for me because that's when I go. :cool1:

Love the birthday reward. Make sure the card is in the name of the person whos birthday is in the month you will be going. It does cost $25 but they load a $25 reward on it as soon as you get it. So actually free!

Ro Z 03-17-2013 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lakohls (Post 47828567)
Thank you thank you! This was the only dining request my kids had for our upcoming trip & I have been checking Disney dining online for months trying to get a dinner reservation. Just this minute called & bingo party of 6 on my preferred night (Saturday 3/30) & at 8:15pm. So only slightly later than ideal - but we are IN:cool1:

Yay! Enjoy!! pixiedust: