The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Trip Reports (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   *update 1/10 Am I done?!!* How to get your child to grow 1" in 120 days.... (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3081295)

SAT887 03-16-2013 09:28 PM

*update 1/10 Am I done?!!* How to get your child to grow 1" in 120 days....

A Disneyversary! 13 is our lucky number….. :flower3:

Celebrating our 13th Anniversary….. Disney style! So we have been planning this trip for a while. Nothing definite, but just in the backs of our brains that Disney could be a fun celebration…. We are hoping this year is lucky 13 for us in more than just our personal life….

So the the story goes like this. On our arrival day, 13 years earlier, by a stroke of luck my husband was forced to hang out with me – and who knew it would turn into marriage! We had worked together and he gave me a ride home. At the time I didn’t drive (I was 18, didn’t really feel the urge to, lived in NJ and had plenty of people around me who I could get rides to and from) Well, my gracious fellow co worker said he would give me a ride home. I was pretty pleased about this, not because I liked him or anything, but this way I didn’t have to call my mom…. After all I was 18 with priorities…  Well, he drove me home and as he dropped me off in my driveway (which was a dead end dirt road) a fire truck blocked him in. Apparently there was a propane leak next door and he wasn’t going anywhere! We spent a few hours together waiting for the area to be cleared and we decided that since we already spent the first half of the night hanging out, might as well spend the rest of it hanging out. Well, after many cups of coffee the rest is history.

Well, 4 years after that we were married, then we did the whole house thing and then the kid thing…. Now we decided we need a few days to just do our thing! We feel bad about leaving our 2 kids at home (they will be 4 and 2 when we go) but sometimes you just need to have fun! So finally after many discussions we are booked!!

The Cast… Zack & Me (Sarah)
http://i1246.photobucket.com/albums/...ps80f842f4.jpg
This is from our recent December trip….

When … Oct 6 –Oct 10

Where… BLT Lakeview Studio!

We had preplanned for this trip slightly… PAP’s was super discounted in December with a DVC discount, I think we spent about $5o more on our tickets then (however we made it up easily with discounts) and we purchased a TiW card. Both are still valid for October and we plan to take full advantage.

We haven’t planned any of the details of our trip. Lots of ideas and I think we are just enjoying the idea of 4 nights with no one but ourselves to take care of! We are so happy and thankful that my MIL will watch our two girls while we are away (she rocks!) Some of the things we have in mind are Signature ADR’s, Kona Café, MNSSHP, F&W and basically just walking around holding hands…. :) Well as things progress and my 180 day window opens up I will be updating! Hopefully I can do better at this PTR/TR than I did at my first one.

SAT887 03-16-2013 09:29 PM

:yay:

wlwilliams9 03-17-2013 01:17 PM

Sounds great so far! Can't wait to hear more!!

SAT887 03-17-2013 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wlwilliams9
Sounds great so far! Can't wait to hear more!!

:welcome: I have some ideas but waiting on park hours and ADRs. Do you have a trip planned?

wlwilliams9 03-22-2013 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAT887 (Post 47828331)
:welcome: I have some ideas but waiting on park hours and ADRs. Do you have a trip planned?

We'll be at WDW Oct 17-26! I haven't been since May 2012, so a year and a 1/2 to wait has been killing me!

helenlovesdestroy 03-23-2013 11:31 AM

Finally I'm in! Hello im from the FB group !

joshswif 03-23-2013 11:52 AM

I've subscribed! From the fb group:) Can't wait to hear your plans!

SAT887 03-26-2013 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wlwilliams9 (Post 47878338)

We'll be at WDW Oct 17-26! I haven't been since May 2012, so a year and a 1/2 to wait has been killing me!

That was like us on our Dec trip- it was over a year and I wanted to change the dates and go back sooner..... It was worth the wait though - Christmas in Disney was spectacular.....

Quote:

Originally Posted by helenlovesdestroy (Post 47885872)
Finally I'm in! Hello im from the FB group !

:welcome: I really like your screen name :) I need to start figuring out who is who off of the FB group.... :yay:

Quote:

Originally Posted by joshswif (Post 47886018)
I've subscribed! From the fb group:) Can't wait to hear your plans!

:welcome: I just read your last update!

So my 180 mark is less than 2 weeks away, while I know it is only a 4 night trip I need to get moving and do some planning! Since its just my husband and I, I've been thinking of things we can do that we wouldn't normally be able to do with our kiddos in tow.... Any suggestions from my fellow DISers will be appreciated!

SAT887 04-16-2013 01:50 PM

Wow... I've been really slacking in PTR land... I do plan on doing an update with park plans and my ADR's that I have made... :) One of these days... Hopefully by weeks end!

Valgoof 04-23-2013 08:22 PM

Thought I would join in here since I dont have enough places to talk to you. :rotfl2:

SAT887 04-23-2013 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valgoof (Post 48193829)
Thought I would join in here since I dont have enough places to talk to you. :rotfl2:

:welcome: haha :)

I've been really slacking on this. I have been collecting some web images of my numerous ADR locations.... Yeah I added a few breakfasts... Hehe I wonder how many of them I will keep or let go!

Valgoof 04-23-2013 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAT887 (Post 48194006)
:welcome: haha :)

I've been really slacking on this. I have been collecting some web images of my numerous ADR locations.... Yeah I added a few breakfasts... Hehe I wonder how many of them I will keep or let go!

You only have 5 months to make changes. That is like nanoseconds in Disney planning. :). I know you posted them on the thread, but I forget what they were. Sooo I will patiently wait until you post them here. popcorn::

SAT887 04-23-2013 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valgoof (Post 48194097)

You only have 5 months to make changes. That is like nanoseconds in Disney planning. :). I know you posted them on the thread, but I forget what they were. Sooo I will patiently wait until you post them here. popcorn::

I hope your smiley has a lot of popcorn! Hehehe

benji2012 04-24-2013 08:31 AM

Joining in! October is such a great time of year and I love BLT!

OrangeJuice 04-25-2013 02:21 PM

Joining in too. Hope to hear more soon :P