The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Restaurants (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Cinderella Royal Table - Worth the $? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3080918)

tgreen11 03-16-2013 01:24 AM

Cinderella Royal Table - Worth the $?
 
While managing my ADR's for my trip to WDW next week, I noticed that someone had canceled their dinner reservation at CRT which I then booked on a whim of excitement for the hard to get table. After booking it however, I've begun to second guess the decision and if it's really worth the hefty cost ($140 for 2). Any input would be greatly appreciated!

DisneyFamily7 03-16-2013 01:32 AM

As you know, reservations there are very hard to come by. We ate there on only one of our trips. It is one of the most special and memorable of all of the characters meals we have been to. If you have the reservation, I would recommend keeping it. There is something very magical about being inside Cinderella's castle. :tink:

figment_jii 03-16-2013 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tgreen11
While managing my ADR's for my trip to WDW next week, I noticed that someone had canceled their dinner reservation at CRT which I then booked on a whim of excitement for the hard to get table. After booking it however, I've begun to second guess the decision and if it's really worth the hefty cost ($140 for 2). Any input would be greatly appreciated!

It really depends on what you expect and why you are at CRT.

If your main focus is on the food, then, no, I do not think CRT is worth the cost. Then food is okay, but nothing exceptional. That's not to say it's bad, but it's not worth the cost.

If your focus is on the atmosphere, then it's worth it to me. Eating in the castle is a really good experience. There is something very magical about it.

If your focus is in characters, then it's a good place to see the princesses, but Akershus (or at Epcot) is less expensive and you see fairly similar princesses.

So overall, if you've never eaten in the castle and want to have that experience, then I think it's worth the cost. If your going for the food, then it's not really worth it.

Disney_Princess83 03-16-2013 08:14 AM

As previous posters have said, for the food CRT is not worth the cost. However for the experience of dining with the Princesses in the castle, it is worth it. However, this is very subjective for every family.

Mousemommy1 03-16-2013 08:40 AM

The experience is worth it for my family. The food is decent, but definitely not what we'd normally get for that price at home. :goodvibes

TaylorsDad 03-16-2013 08:57 AM

That is very subjective. My personal opinion is for the food alone No, but honestly how many of places at Disney are truly worth the price just for the quality of the food? I usually walk away from most WDW TS meals thinking I wish they had an Applebees or Longhorn here. That being said, we have been to CRT 4 times in 7 trips(other 3 times couldnt find a table for dates wanted) and enjoy our time there because it really is a nice overall dining experience and something magical to know you are eating inside the castle. If you can afford it give it a try at least once.

atomicgirl 03-16-2013 08:58 AM

as PPs said....amazing atmosphere, okay food. depends on what you are hoping to get out of the experience. we took our kids there as a christmas present when they were about 2 & 4 YO, and their delight made it a fantastic experience.

rainynight 03-16-2013 09:03 AM

For food...no. the atmosphere is nice however. Its probably nothing I would do more than once though.

JennyDrake 03-16-2013 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rainynight (Post 47814726)
For food...no. the atmosphere is nice however. Its probably nothing I would do more than once though.

Same here--but I don't have children.

davedmaine 03-16-2013 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tgreen11 (Post 47813420)
While managing my ADR's for my trip to WDW next week, I noticed that someone had canceled their dinner reservation at CRT which I then booked on a whim of excitement for the hard to get table. After booking it however, I've begun to second guess the decision and if it's really worth the hefty cost ($140 for 2). Any input would be greatly appreciated!

If you aren't going with kids, I wouldn't bother.

networktek 03-16-2013 10:02 AM

We dint have kids and have gone there the atmosphere is really nice lunch or dinner food was ok breakfast not the greatest but you should at least try it once

mb_uh 03-16-2013 10:40 AM

Our kids love it. I would go to a sig for 2 adults unless you are proposing or it is a special dream.

jmcghee2024 03-16-2013 10:56 AM

I would keep it. Very special dining in the castle regardless of the food, which isn't bad at all.

juliebug1997 03-16-2013 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davedmaine (Post 47815217)
If you aren't going with kids, I wouldn't bother.

I disagree.

For every trip that DH and I have gone on together, we go to CRT. We are usually celebrating our anniversary, but two years ago, it was my birthday. We always have a wonderful time and we've gotten to see two other couples get engaged there. I have since told my DH that he screwed up. :rotfl:

As a 38 year old woman, it was always my dream to be able to be inside the castle. My family could only afford for us to go twice--once, when it was just me and another time when my brother was old enough to go. Before I went with a school group as a chaperone in '08, my last trip there had been 1987! So many things had changed! I say, go! Enjoy it!!!!! With it just being the two of you, you might get one of the two top tables near the window to look out on Fantasyland.

princessallegra 03-16-2013 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by juliebug1997

I disagree.

For every trip that DH and I have gone on together, we go to CRT. We are usually celebrating our anniversary, but two years ago, it was my birthday. We always have a wonderful time and we've gotten to see two other couples get engaged there. I have since told my DH that he screwed up. :rotfl:

As a 38 year old woman, it was always my dream to be able to be inside the castle. My family could only afford for us to go twice--once, when it was just me and another time when my brother was old enough to go. Before I went with a school group as a chaperone in '08, my last trip there had been 1987! So many things had changed! I say, go! Enjoy it!!!!! With it just being the two of you, you might get one of the two top tables near the window to look out on Fantasyland.

We feel the same way! We are a party of two adults and we got an amazing two top with a view for DH's birthday dinner. Lovely table. Unfortunately for us the food was absolutely mediocre at best and upset my tummy actually. Not fun! The characters were great though and service was decent. We are looking forward to trying it for breakfast one day as we will soon be a party of 3 with our own little princess :-)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:16 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.