The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Anyone stay at Disney around late Oct '10/Nov '10? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3080662)

ThisIsTheYear 03-15-2013 01:33 PM

Anyone stay at Disney around late Oct '10/Nov '10?
 
We went 10/31/10-11/5/10. I was looking at the historic dates and it shows that there was free dining at that time?! . We didn't get FD because I thought it wasn't offered at that time. Did I totally miss it? :confused3. I called constantly asking for pin codes on our names also. We stayed in at standard room at Pop so I don't think we fell under any exclusions.

cheerforchelsea 03-15-2013 01:48 PM

I was there in November of 2010 and I didn't have free dining....I have only had free dining one time and that was November 2011....So if it was offered you are not the only one that missed it.

ThisIsTheYear 03-15-2013 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheerforchelsea (Post 47808644)
I was there in November of 2010 and I didn't have free dining....I have only had free dining one time and that was November 2011....So if it was offered you are not the only one that missed it.

That makes me feel a little better. Lol

TARAMEOW 03-15-2013 02:35 PM

We got there September 26 until oct. 6th and we had free dining. I think that was the last week though.

sunsetbeachgal 03-15-2013 03:55 PM

We were there in early November 7-13 and noo FD...but seem to remember that FD started right at the end of our trip which added insult to injury...oh, and our resort was maybe half full for the first four nights..so they should have offered FD,,

But I do seem to remember that we had a room discount..

Wood Nymph 03-15-2013 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThisIsTheYear (Post 47808523)
We went 10/31/10-11/5/10. I was looking at the historic dates and it shows that there was free dining at that time?! . We didn't get FD because I thought it wasn't offered at that time. Did I totally miss it? :confused3. I called constantly asking for pin codes on our names also. We stayed in at standard room at Pop so I don't think we fell under any exclusions.

If you are referring to the historic discounts listed on Mousesavers, then keep in mind that they are not listing all the blackout dates within the discount period. For example, they have listed 1/8/12 - 3/29/12 as free dining, when in fact there were many blackout dates in that period. They have also neglected to list the stay, play and dine plan that was available in January and early February of this year, a time when I was there. :)

So it's possible you didn't miss free dining after all. :)

Good Morning Dewdrop 03-15-2013 09:06 PM

I know it's a little outside your timeframe but we had FD when we stayed at POFQ for 5 nights Nov 29 - Dec 3rd 2010.

And I know we had it that September (2010) I don't recall the dates of that trip but it was probably late September. That was the first year we got APs..

Not sure if it helps.....

ThisIsTheYear 03-16-2013 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wood Nymph
If you are referring to the historic discounts listed on Mousesavers, then keep in mind that they are not listing all the blackout dates within the discount period. For example, they have listed 1/8/12 - 3/29/12 as free dining, when in fact there were many blackout dates in that period. They have also neglected to list the stay, play and dine plan that was available in January and early February of this year, a time when I was there. :)

So it's possible to didn't miss free dining after all. :)

Yes, that's where I go it from. Thanks for the clarification!

rainynight 03-16-2013 09:29 AM

We were there early November 2010 at Pop and didn't get free dining. It was our first visit and we didn't really know to look for discounts so I sure hope it wasn't offered cause if so then we missed it.

Wanna be Ariel 03-16-2013 10:03 AM

We were there too Nov 1- thru Nov 8 and no FD.

ThisIsTheYear 03-16-2013 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rainynight (Post 47814965)
We were there early November 2010 at Pop and didn't get free dining. It was our first visit and we didn't really know to look for discounts so I sure hope it wasn't offered cause if so then we missed it.

From what the other posters said, it doesn't look like there was FD. I know I checked religiously at the time, which is why I made this post because I was so confused when I looked on Mousesavers.

jaceraden 03-16-2013 05:21 PM

I went in November 2010 and had free dining. In November 2011 I did as well.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:19 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.