The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   Dole Whip - can you get them at DLP? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3080552)

crmscotland 03-15-2013 10:11 AM

Dole Whip - can you get them at DLP?
 
Are Dole Whips sold at DLP or are they just available at WDW?

TIA for any replies. :)

HFJohnson 03-15-2013 10:17 AM

No, I don't think they sell them at DLP.

dlpSteve 03-15-2013 10:18 AM

Never seen them there. I still don't get dole whips - juice with ice cream on top, or is there something more to it than that? So many people I know who have been to DL or WDW go mad for dole whips!

moorhunhe 03-15-2013 10:38 AM

None at DLRP.

I heard they also only have 1 flavour? Which is pineapple.
And I don't like pineapple, so I won't get to taste one of them next year, lol.

crmscotland 03-15-2013 10:50 AM

Tried them at WDW and they were so delicious. :cloud9: The ones we had were all ice-cream if l remember correctly, but l think you can get them as an ice-cream float drink too.

bonhoga 03-15-2013 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crmscotland (Post 47806995)
Tried them at WDW and they were so delicious. :cloud9: The ones we had were all ice-cream if l remember correctly, but l think you can get them as an ice-cream float drink too.

Oh in Shetland we call these ice cream sodas :goodvibes haven't had one since i was little they used to be soooo popular here!

k

Jonjo 03-15-2013 01:10 PM

No thank goodness :rotfl2: Dole Whips only exist inside WDW and if you try and take them outside the parks they are confiscated by Security Cast Members. A Dole Whip outside the gates of the Magic Kingdom is a very volatile thing and could injure innocent passers by.

Ware Bears 03-15-2013 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonjo (Post 47808302)
A Dole Whip outside the gates of the Magic Kingdom is a very volatile thing and could injure innocent passers by.

:lmao:

crmscotland 03-15-2013 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonjo (Post 47808302)
No thank goodness :rotfl2: Dole Whips only exist inside WDW and if you try and take them outside the parks they are confiscated by Security Cast Members. A Dole Whip outside the gates of the Magic Kingdom is a very volatile thing and could injure innocent passers by.

:rotfl:

rockcow 03-15-2013 07:05 PM

Dole whips are only at WDW and DLC because they are associated with "The Enchanted Tiki Room" and the Polynesian Resort. They also are at the Dole plantation in Hawaii and a small selection of ice cream shops in the states. It is a non dairy dessert, no ice cream. Just water and powered pineapple flavoring that is whipped into frozen joy! I found the website that sells the flavoring, bought it and make it in my ice cream maker! Not exact, but still great!

crmscotland 03-16-2013 01:19 AM

Thanks for the info rockcow. I really like them as they're like "whippy" ice-cream.

JohnnySharp2 03-16-2013 02:28 AM

I tried one at Magic Kingdom once, wasn't keen and didn't see what all the fuss was about.

Chuckers 03-16-2013 03:02 AM

Dole Whips are awesome. They are at Disneyland as well as WDW. It's a soft serve pineapple ice cream. They can be served just as ice cream or in a float (with pineapple juice). There's an orange flavor and vanilla soft serve. You can get them in a swirl of pineapple/vanilla or orange/vanilla. I don't know if you can do an orange/pineapple swirl because I always only get the pineapple whip float.

54 days until my next Dole Whip float! :)

AngelDisney 03-16-2013 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuckers (Post 47813548)
Dole Whips are awesome. They are at Disneyland as well as WDW. It's a soft serve pineapple ice cream. They can be served just as ice cream or in a float (with pineapple juice). There's an orange flavor and vanilla soft serve. You can get them in a swirl of pineapple/vanilla or orange/vanilla. I don't know if you can do an orange/pineapple swirl because I always only get the pineapple whip float.

54 days until my next Dole Whip float! :)

I love the pineapple/vanilla swirl. It lasts a bit longer in the heat. The float with pineapple juice is so refreshing in the summer heat. I believe you will appreciate it more if you have it on a hot summer day. I need to at least have one eveytime I visit WDW or DLR. Wish they have it at DLP! Well, I guess I will have to find a new favourite!! :goodvibes

Jonjo 03-16-2013 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockcow (Post 47811218)
Dole whips are only at WDW and DLC because they are associated with "The Enchanted Tiki Room" and the Polynesian Resort. They also are at the Dole plantation in Hawaii and a small selection of ice cream shops in the states. It is a non dairy dessert, no ice cream. Just water and powered pineapple flavoring that is whipped into frozen joy! I found the website that sells the flavoring, bought it and make it in my ice cream maker! Not exact, but still great!

Dole are branching out this year and Whipps will be available at the 24 Six Flags theme and water parks too.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:34 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.