The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Rumors and News (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Any new news about fast pass plus? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3080045)

Rhongepooh 03-14-2013 11:52 AM

Any new news about fast pass plus?

We are headed to Disney the last of May and am wondering when the fast pass plus will begin. Any ideas?

Cheshire Figment 03-14-2013 01:51 PM

Right now the entire MagicBand, FastPass Plus, RFID Chips, and everything else related to NextGen is in a state of flux and nobody will be able to give a definite answer to anything related to them until at least a few months after everything is rolled out.

mm1971 03-14-2013 01:59 PM

Still testing from everything I hear. Nothing concrete on roll out of any significant plan.

I was hoping to give it a shot when we are there in August, but it looks like it may take a long time to get everything figured out.

CuteAsMinnie 03-14-2013 02:23 PM

Friends were in WDW end of Feb - beginning of March and were scheduled to participate in the most recent testing. Wen they checked in to AKL, they were told testing was cancelled.

No other info was given.

DRDISNEYMD 03-15-2013 07:26 AM

~My original prediction date for FastPass Plus was for late 2013/early 2014 and/or near the completion date for the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train. Disney will definitely aim to have FP+ ready in time before it's set to open. I was shocked when people were saying FP+ would launch sometime in February, I thought it was way off and too soon. I don't know how that rumor got started. Anyway, we'll just have to wait & see. :goodvibes

Zannon 03-15-2013 09:20 AM

I dunno if this means anything, but I paid off the remaining balance for my May 31 - June 9 trip a few weeks ago and after I did, if I pull up my reservation on the mobile app, under park tickets, it says "Fast Pass+ Experience". That was not on there before I paid off the trip. I've also gotten nothing officially from Disney about it, I just found it strange that it would appear after I paid the trip in full.

ltmoko 03-15-2013 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zannon (Post 47806148)
I dunno if this means anything, but I paid off the remaining balance for my May 31 - June 9 trip a few weeks ago and after I did, if I pull up my reservation on the mobile app, under park tickets, it says "Fast Pass+ Experience". That was not on there before I paid off the trip. I've also gotten nothing officially from Disney about it, I just found it strange that it would appear after I paid the trip in full.

I just looked at my app and i see it too but, i can not click on it or do anything with it.

Zannon 03-15-2013 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ltmoko (Post 47806209)
I just looked at my app and i see it too but, i can not click on it or do anything with it.

Yeah, same here. It's driving me nuts because I'm really curious how the whole fastpass+ stuff will work and want to try it out myself instead of just hearing/reading about it. I keep logging into the mobile app every few days to see if it's changed and I can click on it and it does something. It's starting to become an obsession.

PoohbearMama 03-15-2013 02:45 PM

Where can you see the tickets on the app? I cannot for the life of me even find where my tickets are.

jrtoastyman 03-15-2013 03:06 PM

nothing official, so we're all effectively speculating, but it was announced that people that purchase APs starting March 20 will get RFID cards rather than the paper tickets we've had up until now, and guests that already have paper APs can upgrade them to RFID until May 19.

It's the end date that I find interesting -- is May 19 the target date for magic bands for AP holders? Hard to imagine that they'd go back to paper tickets, so that would be the logical step to take from there.

Spacedog1975 03-15-2013 03:46 PM

I'm tentatively planning a return to CSR in October, but depending on where FP+/MagicBand is deployed (if at all), I might conisder a different resort.

CuteAsMinnie 03-15-2013 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zannon (Post 47806148)

Purely coincidence. It popped up with the most recent update of the app.

masim 03-15-2013 07:29 PM

I am looking to book for a 9 night stay for 9/19. If there is no free dining offered we will probably stay offsite. How does this effect the fastpass +? Will we still be able to use the old fastpass? I know this has probably been discussed to death, but if you have any links where I could catch up on the system I would appreciate it, as I had no plans to go this year and haven't been on the boards much. Thanks.

Peter Pirate 2 03-15-2013 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRDISNEYMD (Post 47805115)
~My original prediction date for FastPass Plus was for late 2013/early 2014 and/or near the completion date for the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train. Disney will definitely aim to have FP+ ready in time before it's set to open. I was shocked when people were saying FP+ would launch sometime in February, I thought it was way off and too soon. I don't know how that rumor got started. Anyway, we'll just have to wait & see. :goodvibes

DrDisMsHouse, I see my likeness in your signature section...Thanks! Truly!:worship:

As for 'FP=Disney money grab', how can anyone be excited about this? Please explain?:confused3

Further, when did WDW, DL, etc. become the main vacation destination for so many? You know the real world still offers way, way greater stuff, right? I could explain if you'd like...:offtopic:

EagleScout 03-16-2013 06:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter Pirate 2

DrDisMsHouse, I see my likeness in your signature section...Thanks! Truly!:worship:

As for 'FP=Disney money grab', how can anyone be excited about this? Please explain?:confused3

Further, when did WDW, DL, etc. become the main vacation destination for so many? You know the real world still offers way, way greater stuff, right? I could explain if you'd like...:offtopic:

For some, like our family, the prospect of fp+ is promising-obviously "devil is in the details" and we shall see. At least currently, our trips include grandparents and toddlers, so there is potential value in pre-reserving at least a few marquis attractions (there are no fp runners in our menagerie, and it is nearly impossible to envision a scenario where we could use a fp that returns 4 hours later). And we may even want to esnure seating for a parade or firework (which grandmas love and kids like) without having to stake out a space for an hour.

And to your last point, we go lots of different places (including frequent museum/zoo/aquarium/etc, and also to appreciate natural splendor, particularly beach), and i fully agree those are great (my son's favorite trip is ac, not disney), but sometimes it is nice to go somewhere that is just "fun", and wdw is certainly that. .