The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Community Board (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Another carnival cruise without power (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3079888)

doebeleb 03-14-2013 06:49 AM

Another carnival cruise without power
 
At least they are docked in St Maarten

http://news.yahoo.com/carnival-dream...FRNw4A4WtEDex_

carpenta 03-14-2013 07:03 AM

.....how do you say "this ship is a piece of crap" in French?....;)

cwdefouw 03-14-2013 07:04 AM

Ouch, that is going to be really expensive for the cruise line if they cannot get things repaired quickly and get the ship off the dock. I think those places charge like $20,000.00 an hour when the ship departs later than planned. One reason why cruise lines don't wait for late returners.

JKMJ441724 03-14-2013 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carpenta (Post 47794317)
.....how do you say "this ship is a piece of crap" in French?....;)

le poo :confused3

Lisa Lisa 03-14-2013 07:07 AM

Apparently it has power (and the toilets are working -- hooray!). There is a propulsion problem. Agree that I'd rather be "stuck" on St. Maarten than stranded at sea!

tnkrbell 03-14-2013 07:11 AM

I was just watching this on the news and they were reporting some toilets were backing up!!! :scared::scared: I agree rather be stuck at port then out at sea!!! :)

ludari 03-14-2013 07:31 AM

Wow, this cruiseline really has some issues.

wallawallakids 03-14-2013 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JKMJ441724 (Post 47794340)
le poo :confused3

:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

I agree. Rather be in port then at sea!

KingRichard 03-14-2013 08:08 AM

Sign me up for one of those $99 cruises!:thumbsup2

I can't wait to sleep in my own sewerage!:crazy2:

FJS961 03-14-2013 08:45 AM

I think I would have to be paid to take a Carnival cruise... hmmm, even then ...

sweetpee_1993 03-14-2013 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carpenta (Post 47794317)
.....how do you say "this ship is a piece of crap" in French?....;)

"Le navire est un morceau de merde."






Love Google translate. :thumbsup2

sweetpee_1993 03-14-2013 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tnkrbell (Post 47794368)
I was just watching this on the news and they were reporting some toilets were backing up!!! :scared::scared: I agree rather be stuck at port then out at sea!!! :)

True. However, I read that the captain isn't allowing anyone off the ship. I wonder how long before someone freaks and jumps. :scared1:

kalc12345 03-14-2013 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FJS961 (Post 47795210)
I think I would have to be paid to take a Carnival cruise... hmmm, even then ...

You couldn't pay me to go on a Carnival cruise!!

TDC Nala 03-14-2013 08:52 AM

The news said they couldn't confirm that the toilets were backing up.

They're docked in St. Maarten, I would assume they're not being allowed off the ship because it's open-ended as to when they might depart. I suppose they could still give them a time to be back.

This will not be good publicity for Carnival though. This is the third time they've had a ship stranded within a few years. That's if you don't count the Costa problems.

TLSnell1981 03-14-2013 08:54 AM

Are the crap tables overflowing? :scared:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:51 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.