The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Welcome to the DIS (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=83)
-   -   Hello~ (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3079768)

AutisticAlice 03-13-2013 08:58 PM

Hello~
 
My name is Kimi. Yes, I'm autistic. I can speak, but my iPad helps me with the verbal expression I lack WHILE speaking. Aside from that, I love Alice in Wonderland because it's so relatable. I always feel as if I'm in my own world must of the time, hence my username.

I also have ADHD, developmental delays and severe anxiety. I know, I don't 'act' disabled as I seem. That's because as i said before, this is how I express myself so, it's caused a bit of a seriousness when I'm typing.

I also love Disney Princesses. My favorite is Tiana right now. I also love Jasmine, Ariel and Pocahontas. I love Disney Fairies also, my favorites are Tinkerbell and Vidia. <3

If you want to know more, feel free to ask~

Jadeey 03-14-2013 12:25 AM

Welcome!

I'm fairly new here myself, but it's a wonderful place for anyone who loves Disney. :D

yellowsubmarine31 03-14-2013 12:56 AM

Hi! I'm new as well. I love Alice in Wonderland, I often find myself in my own world as well. It's a classic. :)

Aliceacc 03-14-2013 05:44 AM

Hi, Kim, and welcome.

My real name is Alice, and I'm a high school math teacher.

Let me tell you, I have to admire your opening. Not only do you acknowledge a problem, but you've found a way to compensate-- through the use of your Ipad. Most of us have issues that could use the sort of reflection you've put into your communication issues.

Have you been to Disney World or Disneyland? We're hoping to return during the summer of 2014. We've been saving like crazy to make it happen.

AutisticAlice 03-14-2013 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aliceacc (Post 47793868)
Hi, Kim, and welcome.

My real name is Alice, and I'm a high school math teacher.

Let me tell you, I have to admire your opening. Not only do you acknowledge a problem, but you've found a way to compensate-- through the use of your Ipad. Most of us have issues that could use the sort of reflection you've put into your communication issues.

Have you been to Disney World or Disneyland? We're hoping to return during the summer of 2014. We've been saving like crazy to make it happen.

Lol thanks. My disabilities aren't always a burden. I always try to think about the things I can do that prey you much awe people, you know? I like being an inspiration to others who struggle the way I do and show them the good sides. So etimes I inspire those with relatives or friends of autism. ^^

jordanri 03-14-2013 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AutisticAlice (Post 47791404)
My name is Kimi. Yes, I'm autistic. I can speak, but my iPad helps me with the verbal expression I lack WHILE speaking. Aside from that, I love Alice in Wonderland because it's so relatable. I always feel as if I'm in my own world must of the time, hence my username.

I also have ADHD, developmental delays and severe anxiety. I know, I don't 'act' disabled as I seem. That's because as i said before, this is how I express myself so, it's caused a bit of a seriousness when I'm typing.

I also love Disney Princesses. My favorite is Tiana right now. I also love Jasmine, Ariel and Pocahontas. I love Disney Fairies also, my favorites are Tinkerbell and Vidia. <3

If you want to know more, feel free to ask~

welcome! every single disney trip i've taken except for 3 has been with my autistic older brother. it isn't always easy but it's something that brings him joy. it either works for some people with autism or it wrecks them and i'm glad it works for you :)

Metro West 03-15-2013 11:41 AM

Welcome!

AutisticAlice 03-15-2013 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jordanri (Post 47798078)
welcome! every single disney trip i've taken except for 3 has been with my autistic older brother. it isn't always easy but it's something that brings him joy. it either works for some people with autism or it wrecks them and i'm glad it works for you :)

Well, back when i went... my parents didn't know I had Autism at the time. I wasn't diagnosed until about twelve? Somewhere around that age. The only thing they knew, was by second grade that I had severe ADHD (I'm on meds now so it's manageable) and a learning disability.

I wasn't diagnosed with anxiety until recently which I think erupted as I got older. In fact, I think my Autism has gotten worse, just as it gets better... if that makes sense? Like, some things such as my social skills are slowly getting better but they are still really awkward and random. My ADHD medication helps with sensory overloads and my other medication helps with my autism and the psychotic type emotional overloads.

I'm in psychiatric care for mental health services as well. So, I can't really say my Autism has gotten TOO worse but... it hasn't really gotten that much improvement either. It used to be borderline when I was younger but as I got older and experienced a new world, I think it escalated into become mild to moderate. All I know is, I'm on the spectrum for ASD. I've been told that I border between Asperger Syndrome and Classic Autism while other times it's infantile autism or Autistic Disorder.

My parents can't afford to get me re-evaluated anymore.

Also, my favorite ride ever is It's a small world. Ever since the first grade, I have loved that ride so much.

cadisneyagent 03-16-2013 12:16 AM

Hi,

My son has a very mild cased of Autism, sometimes its hard when I take him to Disneyland which is like twice a month, I actually gave up going in July with him because of crowds, and I just don't feel right about getting the disability card since we can go so often. His first WDW trip is coming up in Sept, and I am debating about getting the card. I want to teach him to cope with it as normally as possible in public.

It was actually easier when he was two or younger because I used to just wear him all the time and it helped. Another thing that helps is if there is a child around him and they can play in line but I can't guarantee that and his cousins are big bullies so I won't take them.

jesswindsor 03-18-2013 04:31 PM

Welcome!!!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:53 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.