The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Rumors and News (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Disney Infinity Delayed (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3079754)

Disneyfreak44 03-13-2013 07:14 PM

Disney Infinity Delayed

Disney Infinity has now been delayed until august. They confirmed this by changing their cover photo on facebook to one that says coming in august. I'm pretty disappointed. Check it out here https://www.facebook.com/DisneyInfinity?fref=ts

taylor3297 03-13-2013 07:17 PM

My whole family is interested in this game.

megan_in_pink 03-13-2013 07:29 PM

What is the game game to be about?

Disneyfreak44 03-13-2013 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by megan_in_pink (Post 47791079)

Disney has a big website just for the game go i'll give you the link https://infinity.disney.com/#!/game

DizCaptain 03-13-2013 09:43 PM

I'm not surprised or disappointed it's delayed. When it comes to games like this, a delay usually means they want everything to go well and smooth. If it means waiting a bit longer to get it, I'm fine with that.

moviefreak78 03-14-2013 09:46 AM

This is the first I'm seeing of this!! (I don't really follow much the way of video games) My son will love this. Hope it comes out soon! We haven't gotten him into Skylanders yet, but this may actually be a better option.

DRDISNEYMD 03-15-2013 08:21 AM

~Wow. I could see The Avengers in this game, too! But, I guess they're not "Disney/Pixar" or age appropriate. :( :goodvibes

wiigirl 03-15-2013 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DizCaptain (Post 47792642)
I'm not surprised or disappointed it's delayed. When it comes to games like this, a delay usually means they want everything to go well and smooth. If it means waiting a bit longer to get it, I'm fine with that.

Me too...I'd rather wait than be dissapointed.

Faldred 03-15-2013 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by megan_in_pink (Post 47791079)

Think "Skylanders" using Disney/Pixar characters and sets, only not quite the same.

bman388 03-15-2013 03:04 PM

My son had almost every Skylander including the new Giants.. When he saw Infinity was coming out he said he wanted to get rid of Skylanders and buy Infinity. With our help, he sold everything on Craigslist for $450 and he now eagerly awaits the release. I was a bit bummed when I saw the delay as well but if it makes for a flawless release, then that's fine.

DRDISNEYMD 12-30-2013 01:06 AM

Disappointed with Infinity

~We finally broke down and bought the kids Disney Infinity for Christmas. We purchased the starter kit, the sidekicks, and the power discs with Peter Pan and Mc Scrooge the Duck. I really should have known better. After experiencing the greatness that was Super Mario 3D World for Wii U, this game just didn't measure up. And why on earth, is there a split screen for co op mode??? This is just lazy.

~Anyway, my dad totally upstaged us on Christmas day with Lego City Undercover! The open world play on this game is endless fun. Disney Infinity has been collecting dust ever since! I hope it stays that way, because I just don't feel like buying anymore "power discs" and collectible figures. But, I will say the figures are really well made!

The_Horned_King 12-30-2013 05:53 PM

Right there with you drdisney...myself and my 4yr old are highly disappointed in Infinity. Super Mario world is far superior and is getting way more play.

PoohsFan1 12-30-2013 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRDISNEYMD (Post 50349990)
~We finally broke down and bought the kids Disney Infinity for Christmas. We purchased the starter kit, the sidekicks, and the power discs with Peter Pan and Mc Scrooge the Duck. I really should have known better. After experiencing the greatness that was Super Mario 3D World for Wii U, this game just didn't measure up. And why on earth, is there a split screen for co op mode??? This is just lazy.

~Anyway, my dad totally upstaged us on Christmas day with Lego City Undercover! The open world play on this game is endless fun. Disney Infinity has been collecting dust ever since! I hope it stays that way, because I just don't feel like buying anymore "power discs" and collectible figures. But, I will say the figures are really well made!

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Horned_King (Post 50355281)
Right there with you drdisney...myself and my 4yr old are highly disappointed in Infinity. Super Mario world is far superior and is getting way more play.

I'm sorry to hear that you both are disappointed in the Disney Infinity. We bought the starter pack (for XBox), some extra figures, and a couple power pack discs and my girls have played it non stop since they opened it up for Christmas. I think they would of been happy if they just got this game and nothing else :sad2:. They each got Target gift cards for Christmas from their grandparents and they both have bought more figures and power discs with them. Unfortunately I cannot compare it to Super Mario World since we don't own Wii U, but as long as my girls are happy with Disney Infinity and are willing to buy the extras for it, I am happy too :goodvibes.

jcnewton 12-30-2013 08:01 PM

I like the game, I just wish there were more play sets. I know it takes time and money to create that stuff, but I'd be more than willing to shell out the cash to play through any number of play sets they could come up with. They certainly have more than enough IP to work with!

DRDISNEYMD 12-31-2013 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Horned_King (Post 50355281)

~Thank you! I'm telling you, after playing Super Mario 3D World, it's difficult not to be disappointed with Disney's Infinity. And, that split screen for two player is just wrong.

~As an aside, and I'm totally giving away my age here, lol. But, I have wonderful memories of playing video games with my Dad, it was so much fun. His favorite game was Missile Command and he loved his Atari 5600! :rotfl2:

~My parents got a Wii to play with their grandchildren. It's so cute watching them play together.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PoohsFan1 (Post 50356170)
I'm sorry to hear that you both are disappointed in the Disney Infinity. We bought the starter pack (for XBox), some extra figures, and a couple power pack discs and my girls have played it non stop since they opened it up for Christmas. I think they would of been happy if they just got this game and nothing else :sad2:. They each got Target gift cards for Christmas from their grandparents and they both have bought more figures and power discs with them. Unfortunately I cannot compare it to Super Mario World since we don't own Wii U, but as long as my girls are happy with Disney Infinity and are willing to buy the extras for it, I am happy too :goodvibes.

~I'm glad your girls love it! I bet Disney Infinity on the Xbox and Playstation is amazing. On the Wii U it is a failure of a game.

~With that said, I think I would feel differently if I had played Infinity before Super Mario 3D World and Lego City Undercover. I love the concept, and the figures themselves are worth collecting, but the gameplay is poor on the Wii. :goodvibes

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcnewton (Post 50356232)
I like the game, I just wish there were more play sets. I know it takes time and money to create that stuff, but I'd be more than willing to shell out the cash to play through any number of play sets they could come up with. They certainly have more than enough IP to work with!

~I totally agree about the Infinity's toy box mode. After that fabulous intro, the game just tanks for me. There's the castle, lots of grass and this blank canvas that is just too much work for me, lol. I would also shell out cash for an already establish city that you can "enhance", like Disney World for starters! :goodvibes