The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Cruise Line Forum (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   How often does the mattresses on the Magic get replaced? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3079323)

abayaflowers 03-13-2013 01:47 AM

How often does the mattresses on the Magic get replaced?

Out of curiosity, does anyone know how often does the mattresses on the Magic get replaced?

JoJoCruz 03-13-2013 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by abayaflowers (Post 47782452)
Out of curiosity, does anyone know how often does the mattresses on the Magic get replaced?

Seriously??? :rolleyes2

threewilmingtonwalls 03-13-2013 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by abayaflowers

I don't know the official answer, sorry...but I will tell you that we cruise on the Magic and stay in the same stateroom approximately every 12 months, and the mattress on the "main" bed is firm enough to make me think it has probably been switched out every year. Just a guess...but with so much turnover, I'd expect the mattresses to get pretty saggy after 12 months, and they never are.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

slatterie 03-13-2013 10:35 AM

Just got off the Magic this past weekend. The beds we had were not great. The pillows were worse absolutely no support - get extras! Since it is going into dry dock in a few months I hope they do get changed out.

We had the basic inside cabin with two single beds connected to make one bed. I would hope if you pay more for larger rooms/higher categories then the bedding would be better too.

mmouse37 03-13-2013 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slatterie (Post 47784591)
Just got off the Magic this past weekend. The beds we had were not great. The pillows were worse absolutely no support - get extras! Since it is going into dry dock in a few months I hope they do get changed out.

We had the basic inside cabin with two single beds connected to make one bed. I would hope if you pay more for larger rooms/higher categories then the bedding would be better too.

Other than conceirge....all bedding quality is the same in the cabins. I would not be surprised if they upgraded the bedding during drydock. The bedding on the Dream/Fantasy is wonderful.

MJ

fatfish 03-13-2013 01:58 PM

I was on the Magic in February. My mattress was awful. :sad2: (The foam strip they put down the middle where the 2 beds connect did not help matters any.) I complained to GS and they brought me a different mattress, which was significantly better. The Housekeeping Manager explained to me that the Magic will be getting all new beds when she goes to drydock this fall. :cloud9: The new beds will be all one piece queen-size, just like the ones on the Dream and the Fantasy. HTH!

abayaflowers 03-13-2013 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fatfish (Post 47787031)
I was on the Magic in February. My mattress was awful. :sad2: (The foam strip they put down the middle where the 2 beds connect did not help matters any.) I complained to GS and they brought me a different mattress, which was significantly better. The Housekeeping Manager explained to me that the Magic will be getting all new beds when she goes to drydock this fall. :cloud9: The new beds will be all one piece queen-size, just like the ones on the Dream and the Fantasy. HTH!

That's so nice to know!

I had so many thoughts swirling in my head about the beds because of the postings that I read on the disboards regarding: bedbugs, headlice, bad mattress support, etc.

So, now I know that I can request for a different mattress if the one we have is terrible. Too bad that they won't be changing the beds for the MedCruise in June (that's when we are going).

Thanks for the information!

jjje 03-13-2013 04:09 PM

My only complaint about our mattress on the Magic was that it was a little too firm. I like a softer mattress but my husband thought it was great. Maybe we had one that had just been replaced? :confused3

MouseMomx2 03-13-2013 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slatterie (Post 47784591)
The beds we had were not great. The pillows were worse absolutely no support - get extras!

And in the Different-Strokes-For-Different-Folks Department...I liked the pillows on board so much I hunted down the company and bought some for home. :)

Texas lady 03-13-2013 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MouseMomx2

And in the Different-Strokes-For-Different-Folks Department...I liked the pillows on board so much I hunted down the company and bought some for home. :)

I love the pillows also! Dh order some, he didnt tell me and what a great surprise I had when they came in! !!

su_A_ve 03-13-2013 06:09 PM

On the Wonder, I noticed that the Queen bed was actually two twin beds together, with a 2" thick mattress topper. It was on the firmer side, but wonderful.

The pillows (and we had four) were down like, so they might not seem firm. For me, they were excellent as well.

abayaflowers 03-13-2013 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texas lady

I love the pillows also! Dh order some, he didnt tell me and what a great surprise I had when they came in! !!

I need to check out the new pillows. ;)

kendzee94 03-13-2013 10:03 PM

On the Magic in September our bed was comfy. I sleep so well on the ship anyway, it's like I'm a baby getting rocked to sleep.....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

PrincessShmoo 03-13-2013 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fatfish (Post 47787031)

Oh, I hope not!

It's really unfair to two people traveling together, who really don't want to be sharing a bed, that one of them would have to sleep on the sofa/bed, for the same price as someone getting the big bed. Or that they would have to pay single supplements to be in separate rooms.

Mummyof4 03-14-2013 01:00 AM

I assume pillows are the same on all ships (DCL of course)....?