The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Self serve Dole whip (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3079113)

nhmommy 03-12-2013 04:39 PM

Self serve Dole whip
 
So whats the deal with the self serve dole whip at the Polly?
1 is it at the pool or the QS or both
2 by weight?
3 is it multiple trips or just one?
4 if it's one is that why I'm seeing monster serving pic's or is that just the fun of it?

Is this offered anywhere besides the Polly?

Oh and how much?

livndisney 03-12-2013 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nhmommy (Post 47778555)
So whats the deal with the self serve dole whip at the Polly?
1 is it at the pool or the QS or both
2 by weight?
3 is it multiple trips or just one?
4 if it's one is that why I'm seeing monster serving pic's or is that just the fun of it?

Is this offered anywhere besides the Polly?

Oh and how much?

1 trip- no refills. Located at the QS.

momofkids 03-12-2013 06:07 PM

I guess the one-trip is why Josh used chopsticks to make a monster one. I am glad you asked because I actually thought he did it for fun. If we ever save enough for a Poly trip, I guess we will be making a monster Dole whip too.

wildcatfan 03-12-2013 06:23 PM

We don't stay at the Poly, but we always head over to eat at the QS restaurant. I love the BBQ pork sandwich on the Hawaiian bread. Of course, I must get the Dole Whip for dessert.....wishing I had one right now!

siskaren 03-12-2013 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by momofkids (Post 47779323)
I guess the one-trip is why Josh used chopsticks to make a monster one. I am glad you asked because I actually thought he did it for fun. If we ever save enough for a Poly trip, I guess we will be making a monster Dole whip too.

Actually, Josh indicates in the comments that he didn't make that Dole Whip. It's still pretty impressive, however.

WEDWDW 03-12-2013 07:16 PM

I want one of those "Tower Dole Whips"!:)

Just remember,like the Shirt says,"KEEP CALM AND DOLE WHIP".:)

nhmommy 03-19-2013 11:18 AM

Does anyone know the cost?

Sue M 03-19-2013 11:25 AM

In addition to Captain Cooks, they can be found in MK, at Aloha isle just by the Swiss Fam Treehouse.
You could prob find out cost by looking it up on Allears.net. They have all the menus for all the CS & TS restaurants in wdw, and costs. Very impressive!

tekoa 03-19-2013 11:29 AM

They are also offering them this year at EPCOT during flower and garden at one of the kiosks. They have a version with rum.

tinkermommyof3 03-19-2013 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nhmommy (Post 47844948)
Does anyone know the cost?


I believe it was about $3.29 or $3.59 during our stay at the Poly last Fall. You buy the dish at the register and then fill at the Self Servie Dole Whip Machine. There are two flavors--Pineapple and Vanilla. You can do one flavor or swirl both. As SueM stated, they also sell them in the MK at Aloha Isle. You can also get it in a Dole Whip Float verison there with Pineapple Juice. Enjoy!:goodvibes

clanmcculloch 03-19-2013 12:01 PM

The ones at Aloha Isle are not self serve. You can only make those monster towering ones in Captain Cook's.

ConvenientTruth 03-19-2013 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tekoa (Post 47845063)
They are also offering them this year at EPCOT during flower and garden at one of the kiosks. They have a version with rum.

http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/up...of-god-gif.gif

trishadono 03-19-2013 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ConvenientTruth (Post 47845490)

Hahahahaha! Yep I caught that too! Its on my "to eat/drink list" for early April trip!:banana:

nhmommy 03-24-2013 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tekoa (Post 47845063)
They are also offering them this year at EPCOT during flower and garden at one of the kiosks. They have a version with rum.

Quote:

Originally Posted by trishadono (Post 47846017)
Hahahahaha! Yep I caught that too! Its on my "to eat/drink list" for early April trip!:banana:


For sure on my must try list! first time not prego in forever!
Quote:

Originally Posted by tinkermommyof3 (Post 47845413)
I believe it was about $3.29 or $3.59 during our stay at the Poly last Fall. You buy the dish at the register and then fill at the Self Servie Dole Whip Machine. There are two flavors--Pineapple and Vanilla. You can do one flavor or swirl both. As SueM stated, they also sell them in the MK at Aloha Isle. You can also get it in a Dole Whip Float verison there with Pineapple Juice. Enjoy!:goodvibes

Thanks I couldn't find the dole whip on any of the menus anywhere. The price is def in my range to add a trip to the polly to my resort hop day.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:15 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.