The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   2nd choice after BCV? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3079065)

macajack 03-12-2013 03:29 PM

2nd choice after BCV?
 
So my endless researching has cost me a 2bd in BCV.
Anyone have thoughts on where to look next? I've done so much reading I've royally confused myself and could use any help I can get. The only things I've vetoed are SS and AK. Looking for either 2 bedrooms or a 1 bedroom + standard.
TIA!

Marionnette 03-12-2013 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by macajack (Post 47777766)
So my endless researching has cost me a 2bd in BCV.
Anyone have thoughts on where to look next? I've done so much reading I've royally confused myself and could use any help I can get. The only things I've vetoed are SS and AK. Looking for either 2 bedrooms or a 1 bedroom + standard.
TIA!

I take that to mean that you're looking at only the resorts that have villas: BLT, WLV, BWV and OKW since you've ruled out SSR and AKV after striking out at BCV.

There are also suites in the other resorts that have 1 and 2 bedrooms (CSR has "1-bedroom suites" and "executive 2-bedroom suites"), however they can be quite pricey in comparison to the villas. And of course, both AoA and ASMu have family suites that have one dedicated bedroom.

Much will depend on your budget and your tastes.

macajack 03-12-2013 04:21 PM

Thank you for your reply!
We want to walk away from the parks and relax which is why we've ruled out the Values. I'm thinking the Boardwark may be a good choice, but wondered if it was loud.
Booking this trip has become a project and neither of the 2 other adults want to chime in. I'm supposed to "just take care of it, we know you'll do great!"
All in with room/tickets/dining we're hoping to keep it around $10K.

ThumpersWorld 03-12-2013 06:34 PM

I don't know if this is something that would appeal to you or if any days of your trip were open at the BCV for a 2 bedroom but what we did last May when we couldn't get 8 nights at the BCV was we spent the first 4 nights at the BWV and then did 4 nights at the BCV...a split stay. Worked out really well. If not, in my opinion I would try for the BWV for the entire stay. I didn't find it to be loud at all but we didn't have a room with a view of the Boardwalk either.

Deb & Bill 03-12-2013 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThumpersWorld (Post 47779583)
I don't know if this is something that would appeal to you or if any days of your trip were open at the BCV for a 2 bedroom but what we did last May when we couldn't get 8 nights at the BCV was we spent the first 4 nights at the BWV and then did 4 nights at the BCV...a split stay. Worked out really well. If not, in my opinion I would try for the BWV for the entire stay. I didn't find it to be loud at all but we didn't have a room with a view of the Boardwalk either.

You won't get a two bedroom villa at BWV with a view of the BW for cash. Only DVC points. Two bedroom villas at BWV are all lockoffs, meaning a combination of a studio and a one bedroom.

OP, what is it about a one or two bedroom that you want? Is it the kitchen? Washer/dryer? Living room space?

macajack 03-12-2013 07:40 PM

My party consists of DH, DS, DD, MIL and me. I was thinking MIL in the room with the queen/sharing with DD (they already agreed to this, no surprises!), DS in the living room and DH and I in the master. Part of it is the kitchen, a bigger part is having a bit of privacy among us.
We initially were sold on treehouses at SSR but after reading about the slow buses and mobility issues on behalf of MIL I don't think it's a good fit.
Not getting a BW view would probably work well for us, thanks for that info.

Deb & Bill 03-12-2013 07:47 PM

Villas at Wilderness Lodge are a short boatride away from the MK. BLT is a short walk from the MK and the monorail ride away from Epcot.

OKW, SSR, AKV all require you take a bus to the theme parks. OKW has the largest villas. Both OKW and SSR are on the golf course. AKV has the savanna.

geraghty 03-12-2013 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deb & Bill
Villas at Wilderness Lodge are a short boatride away from the MK. BLT is a short walk from the MK and the monorail ride away from Epcot.

These would be my next two choices.

macajack 03-12-2013 09:49 PM

Thank you!
 
I very much appreciate your seasoned, well thought out responses. I just made a deposit on a reservation at WL so as not to lose another one.
As an aside, I *just* realized that today is the 7 month mark, which as I understand is significant.
Voila! :hyper:

Sammie 03-12-2013 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by macajack (Post 47781515)
I very much appreciate your seasoned, well thought out responses. I just made a deposit on a reservation at WL so as not to lose another one.
As an aside, I *just* realized that today is the 7 month mark, which as I understand is significant.
Voila! :hyper:

Only significant if you are booking using DVC points.

macajack 03-12-2013 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sammie (Post 47781751)
Only significant if you are booking using DVC points.

Just learned something new! I'm booked just the same.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:08 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.