The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Just Back From The Polynesian (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3078896)

Mommy2TwoMickeys 03-12-2013 11:58 AM

Just Back From The Polynesian
 
We returned from the Polynesian on Friday, 3/8 :sad: We stayed for 7 days/6 nights, Tokelau Room # 1914(Corner room by the the beach, Ground Floor, Facing GF) The Volcano Pool was open the entire time, though it wasn't until Tuesday that I actually saw it crowded due to the cold weather. Thoughts: The construction around the resort was a bit of a hassle, though it didn't stop us from enjoying our stay. To get to Tokelau, we either had to walk down to the pathway by the beach or go to the front of the GCH to get to our room. Certain days though, we were able to cut through by Samoa, but not once during our stay could you cut through where Hawaii starts. The noise did not bother us at all. I was able to see the construction at Hawaii & Samoa. Hawaii was coming along nicely! The decor did change. The top half of the walls looked like a mint green. The Bedding and Furniture looked almost Cream Colored with a green "Leaves" imprint on it. I did see them bringing in new beds and also new toilets to be installed. As many of you are...I am (Im)patiently waiting for the pictures!!! I found it bizarre one night walking back to my room that all of Hawaii's 2nd floor TVs were on around 11pm :confused3 I can say that I am glad to see the longhouses being redone. I stayed in Hawaii last year and Samoa the year prior and I thought our room was great. Tokelau,however, was definitely worn. Our toilet paper roll holder was falling off the wall from one of the screws being rusted, their were marks and scuffs on the walls and the back of the door to leave. The view was very nice and I also enjoyed being able to walk out of the patio with or without my double stroller for my son's. We had some tiki torches out front of our room which looked beautiful at night while sitting on the patio while the kiddies slept. I just wish their was also a speaker there to hear the hawaiian music playing. We ate at both "Ohana dinner and Kona Cafe Dinner along with 2 late night sushi meals at Kona Island. ALL WERE AMAZING!!!! I am so saddened that we are back for the fact that those days flew by!!! Now if only I can convince my husband for us to go back for the end of the F&W and the beginning of MVMCP :scratchin

Any Questions, Feel Free To Ask :wave2:

sjs314 03-12-2013 12:39 PM

Thank You for the review. Looking at the room map on tikiman's site the the 2 floors above your room are both lagoon view so your room must have been awesome value for Std/Garden View.

excited4disney2012 03-12-2013 12:45 PM

What building would you suggest? We don't have kids, so being by the pool is no big deal(also, we travel in January). We don't mind walking far either, so a building that is far from the main place is OK. While we visit the parks, we also have days that we don't leave the resort. I am very interested in this resort but with all the buildings providing a different view/experience, it's a little overwhelming! Thanks in advance for your help!

Mommy2TwoMickeys 03-12-2013 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by excited4disney2012 (Post 47775386)
What building would you suggest? We don't have kids, so being by the pool is no big deal(also, we travel in January). We don't mind walking far either, so a building that is far from the main place is OK. While we visit the parks, we also have days that we don't leave the resort. I am very interested in this resort but with all the buildings providing a different view/experience, it's a little overwhelming! Thanks in advance for your help!

The building itself was great! The location is not far from the main lobby or the TTC(where you would get on the monorail to go to Epcot) Me personally, I love the location of Samoa. We stayed there 2 years ago, ground floor, facing the volcano pool, room #1606. I loved the location, but I also loved the view. Our room was looking directly at the Volcano, right where their is a break in the landscaping for people to go to the pool. It was beautiful. Our room at Tokelau had a good view too since you could see the beach and if you turned your head to the right(staying on the patio) a TINY glimpse of the castle. Their was a hammock so close to our room too which was nice at night to relax and look at the castle and Water Parade :) When you stay at the Polynesian though, you really can't have a bad room. The place is just so magical! Enjoy your vacation!

mmmears 03-12-2013 02:21 PM

Thanks for your review! I'm glad you had a great time at the Poly! I'm looking for those new room photos, too! :)

Tinkerbellie16 03-12-2013 03:35 PM

Thanks for posting this mini-review! Glad to know that the vacation was still fabulous despite the construction and the need for your longhouse to be rehabed. Something to definitely look forward to for the next trip :thumbsup2

vettegirl 03-12-2013 04:12 PM

Great review thank you for sharing :)

MHTeacher 03-12-2013 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mmmears (Post 47776474)
Thanks for your review! I'm glad you had a great time at the Poly! I'm looking for those new room photos, too! :)


Looks like there's a DISer at Poly now who promises some new room photos soon! :)

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3079121

jhryb 03-12-2013 06:32 PM

Thanks for your review - much appreciated. Tokelau is my favourite Long House.

FantasiaMagic 03-12-2013 09:30 PM

Thanks for the report!!! I love the Poly - have never stayed there but dream about it.... I have been there a few times to eat though and yearn to be able to stay there!! That's good they are redoing some of the longhouses - I had heard some complaints from people who stayed there that some of the rooms had wear and tear...

questions...

1. From your room location were you able to see/hear the Mk fireworks?
2. How long would it take you to walk from your room to the main area?
3. Did you use the monorail for Mk - how was it... what about EPCOT (through TTC) - and how was that?

Thanks again and glad your family had a good trip!

-FantasiaMagic pixiedust:

The Fox Menagerie 03-13-2013 12:55 AM

Thanks for the report, we can't wait for June!

princessap 03-13-2013 08:06 AM

hey there
we were there during your stay two floors above you!! I loved the location and my girls loved being able to see the contemporary and space mt from our balcony. It was our first stay onsite and I am hooked now!! loved the poly!!

Mommy2TwoMickeys 03-13-2013 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by princessap (Post 47783284)
hey there
we were there during your stay two floors above you!! I loved the location and my girls loved being able to see the contemporary and space mt from our balcony. It was our first stay onsite and I am hooked now!! loved the poly!!

It was a great location, but my heart belongs to the Samoa Long House :cloud9: Polynesian is such a great resort!!! My family and I are supposed to go back Dec. 2014....that's 17 Months Away :scared1: Their is NO way I can hold out that long! :lmao: Glad you and your family enjoyed the vacation!

Mommy2TwoMickeys 03-13-2013 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FantasiaMagic (Post 47780696)
Thanks for the report!!! I love the Poly - have never stayed there but dream about it.... I have been there a few times to eat though and yearn to be able to stay there!! That's good they are redoing some of the longhouses - I had heard some complaints from people who stayed there that some of the rooms had wear and tear...

questions...

1. From your room location were you able to see/hear the Mk fireworks?
2. How long would it take you to walk from your room to the main area?
3. Did you use the monorail for Mk - how was it... what about EPCOT (through TTC) - and how was that?

Thanks again and glad your family had a good trip!

-FantasiaMagic pixiedust:

I HIGHLY suggest staying! The whole feel of the Polynesian is just Magical! This was my 4th stay and honestly, it was the first time that I actually noticed any wear and tear, but yes, its great they are redoing the longhouses. I believe the last one is to be completed by Oct. 2013.

1. I could hear the MK Fireworks. Though I never tried to see them. If you turned your head to the right(standing on the patio/balcony I am sure you could have seen something. the beach though, was a 10 sec. walk from the patio and there you could definitely see them!

2. I would say no more than 5 minutes walking the beach way, but I am sure its faster when all of the pathways are not blocked off for construction. Keep in mind though that the majority of your walk along the beach is such a beautiful view..castle/GF that I would have walked a distance of 10+min without minding at all! :)

3. I did not take the monorail from TTC to MK, as I said above, I really enjoyed my walk to the GCH(Lobby) and hopped the monorail there. I did take the monorail to Epcot and the walking time to the TTC was much faster than the other longhouses I have stayed in. The walk also was about 5mins.

Mommy2TwoMickeys 03-13-2013 09:07 AM

Thank you everyone for your kind words about my TR. I wish I could have soaked up more details, but with DS3 and DS8months, parts of my trip is a blur :lmao:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:19 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.