The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Wonder How Often There Are Cancellations At... (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3078692)

Dixiemom 03-11-2013 09:33 PM

Wonder How Often There Are Cancellations At...

Beach Club or Yacht Club. If it ends up being just may daughter and myself I would love to stay at either of these. Too bad there isn't a reservation cancellation htread like there is for dining ressies :rolleyes1

DebbieB 03-11-2013 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dixiemom (Post 47771043)
Beach Club or Yacht Club. If it ends up being just may daughter and myself I would love to stay at either of these. Too bad there isn't a reservation cancellation htread like there is for dining ressies :rolleyes1

When do you want to go? Are your dates flexible?

Dixiemom 03-12-2013 06:23 AM

We are currently booked at Pop June 5-13. May be able to move the dates one or two days but that is about it.

DebbieB 03-12-2013 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dixiemom (Post 47772620)
We are currently booked at Pop June 5-13. May be able to move the dates one or two days but that is about it.

You still have awhile, keep watching. You can play with the dates to see if there are certain nights that are soldout.

momto3gr8boys 03-12-2013 06:39 AM

Keep checking. Figure out the 45 day out period and check more frequently then as most people wait until final payment is due to cancel.

mickeynut1 03-12-2013 06:42 AM

I agree with the pp's to keep checking as people do cancel and you never know when something might become available. Good luck.

Marionnette 03-12-2013 07:10 AM

Not only do people cancel, but places like Expedia and Orbitz return their unsold rooms to Disney's inventory at some point as well. I don't know when that point is but you should see rooms open up as your dates near. Just keep checking.

If you don't want to wait, you could always check inventory at those websites. I was unable to get 7 full days at a value resort for the 4+3 deal through Disney a few years back. But I was able to find availability through USAirwaysvacations. I didn't even have to buy airfare! The price ended up being the same, I just didn't get the luggage tags and Planet Hollywood voucher. Neither was a deal-breaker for me.

bowbat 03-12-2013 08:46 AM

Keep checking back, either online or by calling, to see if anything has opened up. I've been in that situation before and was able to eventually get the resort I wanted (though I probably drove some CMs crazy in the process). Good luck!

mmmears 03-12-2013 01:50 PM

Keep checking. Sometimes the problem is that one or two days of your entire stay are unavailable -- if they don't check day to day it just comes up as full. If you really want to stay there, you may be able to get some of most of your days there and you can split it with another resort. Just something to keep in mind. ;)