The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Restaurants (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Using a TS credit for a QS meal (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3078499)

ALD85 03-11-2013 03:40 PM

Using a TS credit for a QS meal

I will only get a dinning plan if free dinning comes out for my dates ( end of oct ) we are staying at a mod, so my understanding is you get the plan with 1 TS, 1QS and a snack. But we won't do but a couple TS meals. So my question is can we get a QS meal and use a TS credit?

smitch425 03-11-2013 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ALD85 (Post 47767019)
I will only get a dinning plan if free dinning comes out for my dates ( end of oct ) we are staying at a mod, so my understanding is you get the plan with 1 TS, 1QS and a snack. But we won't do but a couple TS meals. So my question is can we get a QS meal and use a TS credit?

Yes, you can do this anywhere on property as of Jan 2012.

ALD85 03-11-2013 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smitch425

Yes, you can do this anywhere on property as of Jan 2012.

Thank you!

davedmaine 03-11-2013 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ALD85 (Post 47767019)

Yes, but you may want to think twice about free dining in your case (unless you're staying at a value). You'll save more $$ with a room discount, particularly if you're using TS credits for a QS meal. Remember, free dining isn't free.

catne 03-11-2013 06:40 PM

there's also a suggestion that if the free dining discount is offered this year, it will be the quick service plan...and only offered at mods & deluxe resorts. If that happens, you won't get any table service credits, so might solve your problem that way.:thumbsup2

smitch425 03-11-2013 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davedmaine (Post 47768749)
Yes, but you may want to think twice about free dining in your case (unless you're staying at a value). You'll save more $$ with a room discount, particularly if you're using TS credits for a QS meal. Remember, free dining isn't free.

It depends on how many people are in OP's party and their ages. Room discounts, even at mods and deluxes, can still be less of a discount than free dining for some.

And free dining is 100% free. It just might not be the best discount if there are others available. Everyone has to do their own math to see what works best for them.

ALD85 03-11-2013 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davedmaine

Ill definitely do the math should I be faced with discount vs FD. I'm staying at POR. Based on the current spring promotion (25% off) we would save roughly $500. I've looked at the menus and priced the highest priced things and it came to $1000 for the week for food. But I certainly have time to think about it! Given an offer pops up...

ALD85 03-11-2013 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smitch425

It depends on how many people are in OP's party and their ages. Room discounts, even at mods and deluxes, can still be less of a discount than free dining for some.

And free dining is 100% free. It just might not be the best discount if there are others available. Everyone has to do their own math to see what works best for them.

It's just 3 of us. Two adults and a child.