The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Which All Star? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3078425)

MacDalt 03-11-2013 12:25 PM

Which All Star?

I'm planning a mother/daughter trip for DD's Sweet 16😍. This will be our first time on property and we are trying to decide which resort. We really like Movies but I read that the buses may be crowded. We are used to level 9 crowds in April so level 5 is new to us. Will the buses be so crowded October 9-13 that we should consider staying at Sports? Or will it be manageable? We will only use Disney transportation so driving is not an option. Thanks for your help.

Jasperann 03-11-2013 12:44 PM

We stayed at Music when the crowds were 6/7s and we always had a seat on the bus. Except for one evening coming back from MK they stuffed the bus like sardines and we ended up getting off at Sports because we couldn't handle it anymore.

Southern Bell 03-11-2013 12:55 PM

At times you are going to stand on the bus no matter where you stay! I've stayed at All stars and Pop. Even though you read about their bus service being better at Pop, I've stood in long lines and on the bus from there as much as anywhere! Its all in the timing! LOL! You are allowed to wait for another bus but... you can be to where you going alot sooner than waiting for another one! LOL!

MacDalt 03-11-2013 01:03 PM

Thanks for your replies. Im mainly concerned about getting stranded or waiting by ourselves since it will be just me & DD16 :eek:

Magalex 03-11-2013 02:59 PM

The month of October is becoming a lot more popular. There are always lots of other families around. That sounds like a lovely sweet 16 birthday! Have fun planning:thumbsup2

MacDalt 03-11-2013 03:14 PM

Thank you! Her birthday is actually in late August but October is the first school break. I'm hoping level 5 crowds are a big difference from level 9!

MacDalt 03-11-2013 03:15 PM

And I really shouldn't be overly concerned about safety, right? It is Disney after all.

bookgirl 03-11-2013 04:44 PM

I've done solo trips at a value and a moderate. Being a woman alone I had a few reservations beforehand expecially staying in rooms that opened to the outside, but really it's very safe and even walking at night I still saw cast members and security, so I never felt in danger. Even at DTD which is more public there is always someone around watching. The bus areas are almost never abandoned so even if security is not right on the spot there are almost always people around, expecially families. It never seems spooky, but there usually a station around so if you ever do feel uncomfortable just go to them and I'm sure they will help.

I think you'll be fine. Just take ordinary precautions (lock your doors, both locks, be aware of your surroundings, don't be reckless or neglectful of your belongings, etc). It is very well lit and you'd have to really go out of your way to find a 'dark' path.

MacDalt 03-11-2013 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bookgirl
I've done solo trips at a value and a moderate. Being a woman alone I had a few reservations beforehand expecially staying in rooms that opened to the outside, but really it's very safe and even walking at night I still saw cast members and security, so I never felt in danger. Even at DTD which is more public there is always someone around watching. The bus areas are almost never abandoned so even if security is not right on the spot there are almost always people around, expecially families. It never seems spooky, but there usually a station around so if you ever do feel uncomfortable just go to them and I'm sure they will help.

I think you'll be fine. Just take ordinary precautions (lock your doors, both locks, be aware of your surroundings, don't be reckless or neglectful of your belongings, etc). It is very well lit and you'd have to really go out of your way to find a 'dark' path.

Great, thanks for this. I figure if I take normal precautions, everything should be fine. Maybe a good time to teach my DD about a woman's safety.

DisneyWisher 03-11-2013 05:13 PM

I'm a single mom (well daughters are all 19 and older now) when oldest were 12 & 10 (youngest was 2 and stayed with her babysitter for weekend) I never had any problems we've been at least 40 times since then. It's probably the only place I feel safe vacationing. Youngest was 3 when she started going to. My girls knew Disney well enough that I'd let them go to parks alone. Oldest appreciated the free time with just her and her sister that she'd make sure they were back 30 mins before I asked her to return. Oldest recently took her kids (just her and them DGS7 & DGD3) we've never had any problems.

DisneyWisher 03-11-2013 05:16 PM

To clarify, girls were 13 & 11, I took 3 yr old to resort for nap, girls never stayed past 6 (or dusk whichever came first) until they were 16 & 14.