The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   CBR--Loudest Resort Ever (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3078306)

ktnryansmom 03-11-2013 09:30 AM

CBR--Loudest Resort Ever

We've only been here one day and have encountered:
Leaf blowers at 6 am
Loud neighbors
Trucks beeping (backing up noises)
Kids running up and down the hallways above us
Crazy loud!

babyrich 03-11-2013 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ktnryansmom (Post 47763470)
Leaf blowers at 6 am
Loud neighbors
Crazy loud!

This was not our favorite resort; but we didnt find it that noisy...

Maybe see if you can change your room....maybe youre in a bad spot...

Hope it gets better.... quieter... :)

DizDaD7 03-11-2013 09:42 AM

Quote:

Leaf blowers at 6 am
Loud neighbors
Crazy loud!

You'll get that most resorts. Even CR/ BLT. So I've heard too. So can u imagine paying a lot more and at a deluxe and have that happen. And also all the construction noise over at GF. While they build the villas...As pp stated see if you can try and switch rooms. I'm not a huge fan of this resort to begin with so I'd be upset. If you were on the fence I'm sure this diminished the chances of u returning there. On the bright side it's Disney.....Nothing else really matters.:confused3...Does it.lol?

ktnryansmom 03-11-2013 10:21 AM

I was just spoiled by POR last week I guess lol.

It's not a huge deal but still a pain

Julie711 03-11-2013 10:33 AM

Unfortunately that can be anywhere, not the resorts fault. We stayed at the BWV in November and had the horn from the boat blowing at 1am about 3x for warnings. Also had kids running down the hallways early morning & we aren't early risers, lol
Hopefully it will quiet down for you, we have stayed at this resort 4x before and love it.

GaSleepingBeautyFan 03-11-2013 12:23 PM

I hope it quiets down for you. If it helps to know - those leaf blowers start going at 6-7am at nearly every resort.

It's one of the reasons why I always request a room on the upper levels.
An upper level room also helps with the kids running above you.

Maybe you want to see if you can change rooms. Good luck!

keishashadow 03-11-2013 12:30 PM

Quote:

Leaf blowers at 6 am
Loud neighbors
Crazy loud!

at least you don't have cheerleaders there;)

sounds like you hit the jackpot, but anything on your list could happen at any resort (and has to us at one time or another). Rather uncommon to get dinged with them all in one trip yuck.

as others have stated, have you voiced your concerns to the front desk? Perhaps they can settle down the neighbors or move you to another building.

saskdw 03-11-2013 12:33 PM

We stayed at CBR for 10 nights in Dec. 2008 and never heard a peep out of anyone. Thats why we love the Mod resorts, they are so spread out even when they're full they don't seem that way. Having said that, bad neighbours is luck of the draw at any resort.

maxiesmom 03-11-2013 02:08 PM

I would ask for a different room location. During our stay at CBR we were in Jamaica 44, right by the courtyard, and I didn't hear a peep! If you are close to the road maybe ask for a different room more towards the inside of the resort.

pktbMouse 03-11-2013 02:09 PM

Welcome to Spring break!

harleyquinn 03-11-2013 05:40 PM

We found CBR to be the quietest resort we've experienced in 10 trips! It was half empty in the beginning of August.

BWV takes the prize for our loudest resort. We could hear crying children in every room near us and the pool was ridiculously loud during the day. We'd still totally go back! ;)

I have to agree that it's spring break related.

FantasiaMagic 03-11-2013 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keishashadow (Post 47765155)
at least you don't have cheerleaders there;)

sounds like you hit the jackpot, but anything on your list could happen at any resort (and has to us at one time or another). Rather uncommon to get dinged with them all in one trip yuck.

as others have stated, have you voiced your concerns to the front desk? Perhaps they can settle down the neighbors or move you to another building.

LOL - this!

Thats too bad about all of the noise. I would be annoyed too... I could see the kids running and screaming as somewhat normal lol but the trucks and other noises the actual resort is providing would annoy me also.

I hope it gets better as your trip progresses....Just be happy your there though!!! ;)

-FantasiaMagic pixiedust:

DebbieB 03-11-2013 07:24 PM

People can be rude. I was at BLT last week and people were out in the hall laughing around midnight and then slamming their doors. I guess they thought everyone was just coming in at that time. Then first thing in the morning someone next door was coughing and spitting up, sounded like too many cigarettes. :sad1:

jollygreengirl 03-11-2013 08:59 PM

We just checked out of CBR today and found it very quiet. We were by the water though, over in Trinidad (pirates). No complaints about the noise, but boy was our room stinky, musty and moldy. Not my favorite trip by far. Hope you get some rest!

MTAPierce 03-11-2013 09:06 PM

We had a preferred location room in CBR last September and LOVED how quiet and secluded it felt! I'm sorry you got bad luck with the noise, that has happened to me at other places, just luck of the draw really.. some people can be inconsiderate of those around them.

Still sounds like a good time! :)