The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Help!! POFQ or CSR?? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3078189)

WoodynBuzz 03-10-2013 10:36 PM

Help!! POFQ or CSR??

Hi Disney friends. I am asking for your input. My family is currently booked to stay at CBR in which we were originally booked to stay at Pop. My wife and I have stayed at POR, ASM and we took our DS 8 for the first time in August and stayed at PC. We are really undecided at this point between the 2 resorts and I would love y'all's input on pro's/con's of both. TIA!!

Sue M 03-10-2013 11:23 PM

POFQ!! Resort is a lot smaller then CSR, and no place is very far from main resort area for pool, and main building. CSR can be a long hike around.

jeepwreck 03-10-2013 11:42 PM

i say POFQ

its a smaller more quite resort. the only down side i think is the food court, there is not alot of choices but the food is still good thou, but last time we stayed there we only eat there for breakfast

Amunet 03-10-2013 11:49 PM

POFQ is my vote! :)

We love it because of how small the resort is, so nothing is too far away, but still the added benefit of the ferry to take to DTD.
Also, usually POFQ is the first stop (since the buses are usually shared with POR).

Yes, smaller dining/cafeteria area but still nice food and we never had issues from lack of food ^_^ Though, I'm not sure how picky the people in your family are.

If you take a look at my Trip Report (linked in my signature) I have pictures from my stay there, as well as a video tour of our room :)

MagicCreator 03-11-2013 12:02 AM

I too say PO. I was just down there and toured the grounds and rooms and it has so much character. The size is great too.

Buddy18 03-11-2013 05:24 AM

I prefer CSR because it has a better pool and extra amenities. Size is not an issue for my family/

Turk February 03-11-2013 08:12 AM

POFQ for all the reasons listed above. It is such a fantastic resort. Small, peaceful, beautiful grounds, boat to DTD, buses rarely shared with POR when I was there and when they did FQ was always first. It's awesome and I'd stay there again in a heartbeat.

skriegerjr 03-11-2013 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turk February
POFQ for all the reasons listed above. It is such a fantastic resort. Small, peaceful, beautiful grounds, boat to DTD, buses rarely shared with POR when I was there and when they did FQ was always first. It's awesome and I'd stay there again in a heartbeat.

This, exactly! Building 5 room facing the grass courtyard is our fav location. Have stayed there every time. Have even requested it, upon check-in, and got it! Very close to pool, easy walk to lobby, food court, and very close to bus stop in front of building 4. Great pool, quiet, beautiful grounds.

Sent from my rooted Samsung Galaxy SIII using the DISBoards app