The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   WL Buses to Parks (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3078130)

MindyMouse76 03-10-2013 08:29 PM

WL Buses to Parks

Hello,

I have seen conflicting answers from other threads I read and pictures that people have taken of the bus signs at the parks.

What resorts share the buses with the Wilderness Lodge? Some people insist it is with the Grand Floridian, but the signs I see that people have taken at the parks (to let you know what bus stop to go to) says it is shared with the Campground.

Any information would be great. Also - does it pick up/drop off at WL first? I do remember reading that MK is its own dedicated bus.

Thanks!

916chipndale 03-10-2013 08:43 PM

For Animal Kingdom it shares with the Grand Floridian, for DHS and Epcot it shares with FW.

chloelovesdisney 03-10-2013 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MindyMouse76 (Post 47759915)
Hello,

I have seen conflicting answers from other threads I read and pictures that people have taken of the bus signs at the parks.

What resorts share the buses with the Wilderness Lodge? Some people insist it is with the Grand Floridian, but the signs I see that people have taken at the parks (to let you know what bus stop to go to) says it is shared with the Campground.

Any information would be great. Also - does it pick up/drop off at WL first? I do remember reading that MK is its own dedicated bus.

Thanks!

We have only stayed at the WL once, and we never shared with the GF during that trip. We did sometimes stop at FW on our way to a park.

amym2 03-10-2013 10:21 PM

When we stayed at the WL a couple of years ago, I know one bus was shared with GF. I'm thinking we shared with the Poly on another bus, but it might have been FW. We never used the bus to MK (always the boat), but I know the buses to the other parks were all shared.

Wood Nymph 03-10-2013 10:27 PM

We stayed at the WL last month. One time our bus to HS stopped at GF. But when we took the bus to Epcot and AK, it only shared with Fort Wilderness. One time two AK buses pulled up at WL at the same time. The first bus went to pick up at the GF, we could see it go that way. We were on the second bus and it went to FW before going to AK. So I think they mix it up a little.

But on the way back from each of the parks, WL was the first stop.

Sue M 03-10-2013 10:39 PM

Yes, depending on route WL shares with GF or FW. WL is first to be picked up and dropped off.
I have never used the bus to MK, Boat is way more enjoyable. I've found bus service to be as good as anywhere at WL.

fla4fun 03-11-2013 05:12 AM

I have used the bus to MK many times, especially if I'm staying at the villas instead of the lodge, since the bus stop is so close to the villas. While the boat is very relaxing, sometimes that A/C is more important ;).