The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Can I book a room on the day? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3078100)

jockey 03-10-2013 07:26 PM

Can I book a room on the day?
 
I am considering using staff airline tickets for my next trip. Can I just book a room if they have availability and arrive 10 hours later? Also can I use the magical express or do we need to give a few days notice. TIA :thumbsup2

trishadono 03-10-2013 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jockey (Post 47759273)
I am considering using staff airline tickets for my next trip. Can I just book a room if they have availability and arrive 10 hours later? Also can I use the magical express or do we need to give a few days notice. TIA :thumbsup2

I have done a day prior but not same day. ME had me give my disney confirmation number at airport and then they gave me pass with bar code to get on bus. Probably the same if same day,. I had also booked over the phone for my resort.
Trish

AuroraRora 03-10-2013 07:39 PM

I booked a room twice on the spot last week - first I decided to extend my trip by an extra night, then I went back to my room to change the flight and realized flights were cancelled anyway due to a storm back home, and had to go back to the front desk and add a second additional night. I'm pretty sure they thought I was crazy until I explained it.

When you book it you'll get a confirmation number which you should be able to use to just walk up to the ME counter. I've gotten on the ME twice just by quoting my parents room number (they'd already checked in and added me to the reservation at check-in) and once with just a confirmation number scrawled on a post-it.

jockey 03-10-2013 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trishadono (Post 47759354)
I have done a day prior but not same day. ME had me give my disney confirmation number at airport and then they gave me pass with bar code to get on bus. Probably the same if same day,. I had also booked over the phone for my resort.
Trish

Quote:

Originally Posted by AuroraRora (Post 47759393)
I booked a room twice on the spot last week - first I decided to extend my trip by an extra night, then I went back to my room to change the flight and realized flights were cancelled anyway due to a storm back home, and had to go back to the front desk and add a second additional night. I'm pretty sure they thought I was crazy until I explained it.

When you book it you'll get a confirmation number which you should be able to use to just walk up to the ME counter. I've gotten on the ME twice just by quoting my parents room number (they'd already checked in and added me to the reservation at check-in) and once with just a confirmation number scrawled on a post-it.

Brill thanks guys! I know its recommended to book way before hand but I reckon as we are going at quiet time...it should be ok! AuroraRora...I bet they did give you a funny look!

MrsB919 03-10-2013 08:01 PM

It's absolutely possible. Hubby and I decided on a whim to spend our anniversary at the BW. We called the number that afternoon and were able to get a room. I'm sure if its not peak season you'll not have a problem.

jockey 03-10-2013 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrsB919 (Post 47759629)
It's absolutely possible. Hubby and I decided on a whim to spend our anniversary at the BW. We called the number that afternoon and were able to get a room. I'm sure if its not peak season you'll not have a problem.

Great Thanks!!!!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:21 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.