The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Best Building Location @ Disney's Polynesian (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3078045)

gorjus121 03-10-2013 04:40 PM

Best Building Location @ Disney's Polynesian

Hi. We have a standard room reserved at the Polynesian resort for a few nights before heading to our off-property timeshare. For past guests, where is the best building to make your room request?? I know these are not guaranteed but I always ask wherever we stay. I would prefer to avoid noisy locations. Thanks.

wishinuponastar 03-10-2013 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gorjus121
Hi. We have a standard room reserved at the Polynesian resort for a few nights before heading to our off-property timeshare. For past guests, where is the best building to make your room request?? I know these are not guaranteed but I always ask wherever we stay. I would prefer to avoid noisy locations. Thanks.

Tahiti is going to be one of the quieter buildings because its furthest from the GCH and pools. It also has more of a private beach in front of its longhouse. Hope this helps you.. Have a magical time! :)

jude&jonah 03-10-2013 07:23 PM

Tokeleau. Loved the location and all the rooms have a balcony vs. the other buildings where the second floor doesn't. We had a standard room and even had a "theme park view"- we could could see space mountain and the contemporary perfectly (just no castle).

gorjus121 03-10-2013 08:17 PM

Thanks for the tips. We were originally thinking the Hawaii or Samoa Longhouse, but I then read that Hawaii is club-level only.

taylor3297 03-10-2013 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gorjus121 (Post 47760402)
Thanks for the tips. We were originally thinking the Hawaii or Samoa Longhouse, but I then read that Hawaii is club-level only.

Hawaii is club level. You might want to check out Tikimans website and read up on all the longhouses. http://www.tikimanpages.com/tiki/

Also, the Poly is going through a refurb, so you might want to check out which longhouses are closed.

mmmears 03-10-2013 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gorjus121 (Post 47760402)

Hawaii is club level and Samoa is right in the middle of everything, including both pools - a great location but most likely not on the quiet side. I'd look at Tahiti or Tokelau.

traylorc 03-10-2013 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jude&jonah (Post 47759853)
Tokeleau. Loved the location and all the rooms have a balcony vs. the other buildings where the second floor doesn't. We had a standard room and even had a "theme park view"- we could could see space mountain and the contemporary perfectly (just no castle).

My wife and I have stayed in Tokeleau the last two trips and we loved it. We will be requesting Tokeleau again for our impending trip in October. :thumbsup2

Sue M 03-10-2013 09:21 PM

We loved Tokelau, beach end of building. Was recommended to me by Tikiman :goodvibes Great location, bonus is that ALL floors have balconies, and rooms are larger then Samoa and older longhouses. We faced Hawaii, and could see the Castle if we looked to the right off our balcony.

DondzilaFamily 03-10-2013 09:24 PM

On our trip in 2011 we asked the front desk for a "complimentary upgrade" and they upgraded us the Hawaii building which is conceirge. It was incredible. I would ask for the upgrade when you check in, it doesn't hurt to ask and that was by far the most amazing trip we've had to date!

housetomouse 03-11-2013 10:04 AM

Samoa can be noisy, but maybe not so bad if you are on the side that doesn't face the volcano pool. It is a great location, but a lot going on on the volcano side of the building. Hawaii is great but club level like you said.

jw50 03-11-2013 10:23 AM

If the view isn't that important to you then Rapa Nui might be a good choice. We have stayed in both Rapa Nui and Tahiti and thought that Rapa Nui was quieter than Tahiti. In Tahiti you can occasionally hear the ferry boat whistle.

Also if you have a car you can pull right up to the covered entrance to the longhouse and there is a small parking lot right beside the longhouse.

kungaloosh22 03-11-2013 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jw50 (Post 47764482)
If the view isn't that important to you then Rapa Nui might be a good choice. We have stayed in both Rapa Nui and Tahiti and thought that Rapa Nui was quieter than Tahiti. In Tahiti you can occasionally hear the ferry boat whistle.

Also if you have a car you can pull right up to the covered entrance to the longhouse and there is a small parking lot right beside the longhouse.

Plus you can have a great view from Rapa Nui, if you have the garden side. We stayed there once and I loved the view! I imagine the parking lot side isn't great, though I haven't experienced that myself.

gorjus121 03-11-2013 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sue M (Post 47760983)
We loved Tokelau, beach end of building. Was recommended to me by Tikiman :goodvibes Great location, bonus is that ALL floors have balconies, and rooms are larger then Samoa and older longhouses. We faced Hawaii, and could see the Castle if we looked to the right off our balcony.

Thank you. Tokelau is definitely a consideration, but it will probably be closed during our stay due to renovations. We are looking forward to our stay, as long as I'm not facing a parking lot I will be pleased ;)

jcosta 07-20-2013 12:12 AM

Which building is closest to the monorail, or does it not matter?

Marthasor 07-20-2013 08:58 AM

I, personally, would not request a specific longhouse as it gives a ver specific location as opposed to what you really want. It sounds like you want a quiet room, so I would request just that. If you ask for a specific longhouse, you could still end up with a loud room (one with a connecting door or next to an elevator for example). If you request "quiet room", then the CM's will know exactly what you really want.

On our last trip to Poly, we requested quiet room, close to GHC, third floor and we got a super quiet room on the third floor at the end of the hall in Rarotonga. It was perfect!