The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Wifi (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3078019)

mndisneylovinmom 03-10-2013 03:48 PM

Wifi

Is wifi available AND free at all parks? And resorts?
We've been to Disney, but didn't have smart phones so I never paid much attention to that.
Now, We all have iPhones and several Disney world apps, which will be awesome to utilize those apps and information while there next fall....

J&J 03-10-2013 04:00 PM

Wifi

Wifi is in most DIsney hotels they are getting all hotels on line. Parks are suppose to be. Also have an iPhone always use it in the parks usually never changed the iPhone to their wifi since I have the Internet.

2Tiggies 03-10-2013 04:09 PM

Reports are that the wifi has been slowly improving. We were there in September last year. At the time all resorts had wifi and MK and Epcot did.

Wifi was hit and miss to say the least. There were black spots in the resort where I had no wifi signal and likewise in the parks. I blamed my BlackBerry because I would have preferred an iPhone :rotfl: I have heard on here from guests who have been more recently and were there late last year that it is better than it was at the time so it seems to be a work in progress, but I was able to use it even in the early stages of the roll-out, albeit a bit iffy in times and places

figment_jii 03-10-2013 04:56 PM

There is WiFi in the parks, but it seemed pretty slow to me. It wasn't very strong in any of the buildings. I had better luck at the resorts.

Polydweller 03-10-2013 05:02 PM

It's in all resorts, theme parks and DTD. We had no problem the week we were there but it is a shared resource with hundreds to thousands trying to use it concurrently. As such, it will be slower than your home network or free wifi in places like Starbucks where there few concurrent users. Just the nature of wifi that at half rated capacity it starts to slow.

However, for using My Disney Experience in the parks it was fine and most everything worked quite well at the Poly.

mudfish 03-10-2013 06:11 PM

I had a problem with my phone and had to rely on my son's iPod as my only form of communication (google voice and Text+)... I was able to get service in and near most larger buildings and throughout most of CBR... I was pleasantly surprised at how widespread the wifi network was spread out...

DebbieB 03-10-2013 08:13 PM

I was there last week and it worked well at BLT and at all the parks. I have an I-Phone and wifi worked most of the time rather than using 3G.

nhmommy 03-10-2013 08:20 PM

Is it free in the resorts now? When we were last at the AKL there was a charge for wifi.

DebbieB 03-10-2013 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nhmommy (Post 47760422)
Is it free in the resorts now? When we were last at the AKL there was a charge for wifi.

Yes, it's free. Wired internet used to have a charge, it's been disconnected.

nhmommy 03-10-2013 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DebbieB (Post 47760645)
Yes, it's free. Wired internet used to have a charge, it's been disconnected.

Great thanks for the info :)