The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Restaurants (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Be Our Guest dinner-- don't check in too early! (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3078010)

si-am 03-10-2013 03:37 PM

Be Our Guest dinner-- don't check in too early!

We had 5pm dinner reservations at BoG this past Thursday. Got there a little early and got in a super long check-in line at 4:15. After 15 minutes of standing in the hot sun, we got to the window and they said we were too early and to come back no sooner than 15 minutes before our ADR time. Ugh! Back to the end of the line again!

Let us be a cautionary tale for you! :laughing:

After all was said and done, though, the food and atmosphere were both amazing and definitely worth the wait!! Highly recommended!

akl-fan 03-10-2013 03:54 PM

Thanks for a great tip!

jmcghee2024 03-10-2013 03:56 PM

Wow...most restuarants want you there early

Jennasis 03-10-2013 04:09 PM

Yep. They told us the same thing when we tried to get in line to check in at 3:40ish for our 4:05 ADR. The CM's told us we could check in no earlier than 3:50. Which it was by the time we made our way through the line to check in.

si-am 03-10-2013 04:40 PM

It would be nice if maybe they had a sign up warning people of the check-in time policy. Also, there were two lines, and people were assuming one line was standby and the other was for ADRs, but no one really knew because there weren't any signs or directions!

stormer 03-10-2013 07:15 PM

We were told the same thing at Via Napoli in February.

DondzilaFamily 03-10-2013 08:36 PM

Thanks for the tip, we are planning on eating their our next trip. I can't wait to try a new restaurant!

JimmyV 03-10-2013 08:44 PM

So now the restaurant is going to have to have one of those signs telling you how long the wait is to get to the podium from a particular spot, otherwise you risk getting in line too early or too late. If you arrive 25 minutes before your ADR and see a long line, how are you supposed to know if getting in that line immediately will result in your getting to the podium 17 minutes before your appointed time or 2 minutes after? Are we now supposed to use line reporting apps to let us know the approximate wait time at BoG?!

Jennasis 03-10-2013 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimmyV (Post 47760650)
So now the restaurant is going to have to have one of those signs telling you how long the wait is to get to the podium from a particular spot, otherwise you risk getting in line too early or too late. If you arrive 25 minutes before your ADR and see a long line, how are you supposed to know if getting in that line immediately will result in your getting to the podium 17 minutes before your appointed time or 2 minutes after? Are we now supposed to use line reporting apps to let us know the approximate wait time at BoG?!

I saw that the line was long and just guesstimated that it would take long enough to reach the front to eat up enough time to make it okay to check in.

minnierocks 03-11-2013 05:55 AM

Not sure what to do...read somewhere else to get there 30 minutes ahead of time because it takes so long to get to the podium for check in. So do I get in line 30 minutes ahead of time and hope that I get to the front of the line at the right time? Ugh! This one is going to stress me out a bit!

MaleficentRN 03-11-2013 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by minnierocks (Post 47762581)
Not sure what to do...read somewhere else to get there 30 minutes ahead of time because it takes so long to get to the podium for check in. So do I get in line 30 minutes ahead of time and hope that I get to the front of the line at the right time? Ugh! This one is going to stress me out a bit!

You can just keep letting people ahead of you until it's fifteen minutes before your ADR time.Makes you look like a really nice person, spreading the pixie dust.;)

minnierocks 03-11-2013 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaleficentRN (Post 47762737)
You can just keep letting people ahead of you until it's fifteen minutes before your ADR time.Makes you look like a really nice person, spreading the pixie dust.;)

:thumbsup2

DannyDisneyFreak 03-11-2013 08:34 AM

There was a 30 minute wait in January for the counter service lunch at BoG so be aware the place is new and highly popular.

wiigirl 03-11-2013 08:37 AM

Awesome tip! :)

minnierocks 03-11-2013 08:40 AM

I know the lines are long for lunch but for dinner, everyone in line should have an ADR. I would think that the line would move faster since people are just checking in and waiting to be seated. Am I underestimating the amount of people that will be in line?