The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   What is the largest resort?? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3077950)

RainK 03-10-2013 01:27 PM

What is the largest resort??

Which mod is the largest resort?
The only mod I have experienced is CBR and we thought it was way to big and spread out for our taste, so I was curious how big the others are.
I know POFQ is the smallest, however, but how are POR and CSR are.
Not sure if we would like either if they are both like CBR in terms of size.

Too far to get a soda refill and the bus transportation was unenjoyable.

kapoof 03-10-2013 01:59 PM

I think cbr is the largest, someone correct me if I am wrong. Ssr seems to be very big also. I think the smallest is fq and the wl.

mickeynut1 03-10-2013 02:11 PM

CBR is the largest, followed by POR (which is a little smaller than CBR, but not by much I don't think), followed by CSR and then POFQ.

Huff 03-10-2013 02:30 PM

In terms of number of rooms, POP is the largest at 2880 rooms but not nearly as spread out as CBR and its a Value.

maxiesmom 03-10-2013 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mickeynut1 (Post 47757060)
CBR is the largest, followed by POR (which is a little smaller than CBR, but not by much I don't think), followed by CSR and then POFQ.

Yep. However to me CBR seems much bigger than POR. But that probably has something to do with CBR having 3 more bus stops than POR.

The only way to guarantee being close to a pop refill is to book a preferred room. Or at CSR ask to be placed near the theme pool, where they have a pop station.

DizDaD7 03-10-2013 02:49 PM

As a PP stated earlier, I think SSR would by far be the largest to get around... So many sections & soooo spread out...POFQ yes the smallest.

In terms of mods though, I'd say CBR the CSR,POR, then POFQ. biggest to smallest.

mickeynut1 03-10-2013 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxiesmom (Post 47757263)
Yep. However to me CBR seems much bigger than POR. But that probably has something to do with CBR having 3 more bus stops than POR.

You could be right.....more bus stops at CBR could be why that resort seems bigger to you than POR.

OP - I looked up the number of rooms at each resort and going by that, CBR and POR are very close:

CBR - 2,112

POR - 2,048

CSR - 1,917

POFQ - 1,000

spiceycat 03-10-2013 03:04 PM

POR is organized better than CSR or CBR - it has bridges to get you faster to the food court.

plus love those wonderful smelling trees - though it was magnolia - but now not sure.

if you include all the wdw resorts then Pop has the most rooms, and SSR has the most acreage.

snykymom 03-10-2013 03:08 PM

To me, CSR's circular layout, with a bridge across the lake, makes it feel smaller than POR. It's very easy to navigate. I also like the fact that the buses hit the 4 bus stops in the same order, which is not true with POR.

I've never stayed at CBR, because I don't like the Custom House being so removed from the rest of the resort. That would make it feel larger to me.