The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Restaurants (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Flower and Garden vs Food and Wine... I'm kinda jealous (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3077946)

nanienamou 03-10-2013 01:06 PM

Flower and Garden vs Food and Wine... I'm kinda jealous

Looking at the reviews of the kiosks at the Flower and Garden festival, I'm a little jealous. We've been going to the Food and Wine Festival for two years, and I admit that some change in the offerings would be nice this year and I'm salivating at all the new offerings at the Flower and Garden. Might have to plan a trip for next year's flower and garden festival!

Am I the only one salivating in my chilly little corner of Canada? :flower3:

Mac4life30 03-10-2013 01:12 PM

Nope!!! I will be there in 30 days!!!! :cool1:
Cant wait to try the new food items!

fly girl 03-10-2013 03:09 PM

For some reason I didn't discover this news about the new food offerings until a few hours ago! I am SO EXCITED!!!! :cool1::cool1:

We always love Food & Wine Festival but we are going in April this year since it fits our schedules better. When I told my DD5 that they had a heirloom tomato and mozzarella offering (caprese is her fave) she started jumping around the room and wanted to go TODAY! (Gotta admit . . . I want to go today too.)

Some of those drinks sound delicious. 60 days to go!! Hope I can make it. ;)

sjs314 03-10-2013 03:15 PM

I wish there had been more of a notice about them adding the food options then we might have planned on going to F&G oh we'll maybe next year.

satman1962 03-10-2013 06:04 PM

I'll be there in May and am looking forward to the interesting food choices!

jasperess 03-10-2013 06:07 PM

We've never been to Food & Wine (really would like to go sometime though) so thus are so excited to try the offers at Flower & Garden this year! :)

budafam 03-10-2013 06:10 PM

I went the last two years in a row and I am KICKING myself for not waiting till this year!!! Now I can't go this year (even though it's my 30th birthday and I TOTALLY think a bday trip is in order for this Disney nut :confused3) :rolleyes: It's about time they did something like this. It's beautiful and all but food will bring out a lot more people than flowers will!

SUSIEQ 03-10-2013 08:25 PM

We just got home today from a short F&G trip and we're going again in May. We really enjoyed it! Definately try the Watermelon Salad.

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

Cimicats 03-10-2013 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nanienamou
Looking at the reviews of the kiosks at the Flower and Garden festival, I'm a little jealous. We've been going to the Food and Wine Festival for two years, and I admit that some change in the offerings would be nice this year and I'm salivating at all the new offerings at the Flower and Garden. Might have to plan a trip for next year's flower and garden festival!

Am I the only one salivating in my chilly little corner of Canada? :flower3:

Just got back and really enjoyed it. I have never been to F & W so this was a treat. Under dining reviews I have a report of my trip with some pics of a few things we ate. It's the last part of my review. Hopefully I did it right and the link is below.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3077512

Miumiu4me 03-17-2013 09:18 AM

The crowds were much better (at the kiosks) for Garden than Food and Wine too.

BABYJOSIE98 03-18-2013 12:21 PM

I can not wait!!!

We love Food and wine festival and now finding out about the offerings at F&G make me even more excited about my upcoming trip!!:cloud9:

We arrive on the 18th of May for the last weekend of F&G...We had planned to check into AKV and eat lunch at Mara, but now I think we will just head straight to Epcot after getting settled and grab a bite to eat there instead...:thumbsup2 I want to get as much time as I can in since it is the last couple days...

There are a lot of tasty drinks I am looking forward too also.... I think this is a great addition....:hippie::flower::flower:

So excited!! can not stand it...60 more days....................