The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Order food or bring own? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3077940)

mommypenguin29 03-10-2013 02:02 PM

Order food or bring own?

So last time we were at Disney for a week and ordered food for the room...drinks, breakfast and snacks...This time we will only be here for 4 nights then doing a 3 night cruise...so my question is should we still order food for the room or should I pack breakfast foods and snacks and buy milk and bottle water and juice at the resort or parks? How much is milk, juice and other drinks?

lizabu 03-10-2013 02:15 PM

It depends. Will you use up whatever you plan to buy? I know my family would and if I had to stop for cereal etc I may as well get milk too.

mommypenguin29 03-10-2013 02:17 PM

Yes, if I buy...I will get milk, water, juice boxes, orange juice, cereal, fruit, granola bars, some other snacks...

If I bring I will bring cereal, granola bars and other snacks, so would need to get water, milk nd juice at the resorts...trying to figure out the best route to go:)

lizabu 03-10-2013 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mommypenguin29
Yes, if I buy...I will get milk, water, juice boxes, orange juice, cereal, fruit, granola bars, some other snacks...

If I bring I will bring cereal, granola bars and other snacks, so would need to get water, milk nd juice at the resorts...trying to figure out the best route to go:)

I would just get everything at the grocery store. It will cost less. Plus you can bring anything left on the cruise. You never know when a child may want a snack. I think you can carry on drinks on the cruise and pack granola bars in your luggage. Maybe someone will want a granola bar or cracker on the way from WDW to the cruise. Plus if you are getting off the boat it might be handy to have a granola bar or fruit leather for a child to nibble on. I know I've heard food in Nassau can be pricy.

glamdring269 03-10-2013 02:24 PM

If you have the option to just bring your own food you should do that every single time.

Annie78 03-10-2013 02:52 PM

Do you have to pay to check bags on your flight? If not, I would just pack an extra bag for food and buy perishables on site, assuming you don't need a ton. That's what I'm doing for a three-day, two-person trip - no way I would reach the Garden Grocer minimum order, and I would rather do my shopping at home and bring the brands I know we like.

mommypenguin29 03-10-2013 05:25 PM

On the way down we do have to pay for baggage...but there are 4 of us so we can pack a small suitcase...I wouldn't bring drinks though - does anyone know how muach bottled water, milk and juice are at the resorts?

lizabu 03-10-2013 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mommypenguin29
On the way down we do have to pay for baggage...but there are 4 of us so we can pack a small suitcase...I wouldn't bring drinks though - does anyone know how muach bottled water, milk and juice are at the resorts?

Think convenience store prices. I had to buy a pint of milk at the Dolphin at I think it was around $3. The little grocery at boardwalk was about the same price.

Cyrano 03-10-2013 05:55 PM

Just going to move over to Resorts :thumbsup2

LisaBi 03-10-2013 08:19 PM

Just remember that you can't bring open food on the ship. An unopened single serve cereal box would be OK, but a half eaten normal size box do cereal would not. A wrapped granola bar would be OK, but not an open package of Oreos.

mommypenguin29 03-11-2013 01:19 PM

Thanks everyone...I think I am leaning more towards bring food (cereal, snacks) with us on the plane and just buying milk, juice and drinks at the resort...

I may invest in the Brita water bottles to bring for water as well...