The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Cruise Line Forum (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Disney Visa (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3077851)

amandaroseziegler 03-10-2013 11:23 AM

Disney Visa
 
I'm looking into the disney visa, can anyone help with what perks you get. Is it like points and you can use for cruises and stuff?

MissDaisyofTexas 03-10-2013 11:28 AM

The regular Disney card gives you 1% points on everything you spend. I believe there is a premier version with an annual fee that gives you more points on certain categories. You can spend those points on almost all things Disney--hotels, cruises, merchandise, convert it to a Disney gift card, etc.

The biggest benefit with the card, I think, is that certain Disney packages are 6 months 0% interest. And Disney Cruises qualify as a package. So you could pay your cruise off by your paid-in-full date and still have another 6 months to pay it off on your Disney card.

Also, if you didn't book on board or you don't use a special Kids Sail Free or *GT rate, you get a $50 on board credit from using your Disney Visa.

KristiMc 03-10-2013 11:43 AM

With the premiere card you get 2% back on dining, groceries, gas and Disney purchases. It does cost $49/year but we make that back in no time.

MrsB919 03-10-2013 12:18 PM

I have both and they definitely come in handy if you travel to Disney often. I usually use it for groceries and gas and pay it off ASAP. I always have a good amount of reward dollars for every trip. We go once or twice a year depending. The 6 month 0% financing is great. Also for the cruise like many said the on board credits. At WDW you get 10% of purchases in some stores. You get 20% of selected tours. Also at Epcot you get a free character picture at innovations. I have recommended this card to the disney lovers in my family and none have been disappointed. Like PP said even with the annual fee you make up for it quickly. HTH. :wizard:

ses1230 03-10-2013 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amandaroseziegler (Post 47755287)
I'm looking into the disney visa, can anyone help with what perks you get. Is it like points and you can use for cruises and stuff?

OP, I see your location is Canada, I don't think the Disney Visa is available to Canadian residents.

amandaroseziegler 03-10-2013 03:44 PM

Crap, your right. What gives, why are we left out :(

Lobofan5 03-10-2013 04:04 PM

They also came out with a bunch of cute designs and you can change designs on a whim. I just changed mine to Toy Story and my DH's to Mickey.

neg58 03-10-2013 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amandaroseziegler (Post 47757336)
Crap, your right. What gives, why are we left out :(

Funny money. Looneys. Coins that look like US coins but not quite and are rejected by vending machines and coin counters.

Nancy

KarenMP59 03-10-2013 08:20 PM

Love my Disney Visa. First of all, it's really cute. It's pink with Minnie and Mickey on it and people always comment on it at stores and restaurants. My husband's is red and not girly. Secondly, we use it for everything and pay it off every month. We don't pay any interest and get lots of free Disney money to use when we go there. We get a lot of our meals for free that way. We have the premium one which even at $49 a year is a huge bargain for us. :cheer2:

MrsB919 03-10-2013 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KarenMP59 (Post 47759819)
Love my Disney Visa. First of all, it's really cute. It's pink with Minnie and Mickey on it and people always comment on it at stores and restaurants. My husband's is red and not girly. Secondly, we use it for everything and pay it off every month. We don't pay any interest and get lots of free Disney money to use when we go there. We get a lot of our meals for free that way. We have the premium one which even at $49 a year is a huge bargain for us. :cheer2:

I have the same one and my hubby has the plain one as well! It really is a great card.

ktb2002 03-10-2013 09:25 PM

I try to use mine for everything (when I remember to lol) and I have a nice little Disney nest egg built up that will be put to good use in May on our cruise lol. I almost hesitated at the annual fee, but I've definitely gotten my money's worth out of it.

ro8821 03-10-2013 09:38 PM

So you don't really get cash back? You only get Disney money back to use at Disney? I wa looking at a Disney visa just last week and was thinking about getting one also

ktb2002 03-10-2013 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ro8821 (Post 47760597)
So you don't really get cash back? You only get Disney money back to use at Disney? I wa looking at a Disney visa just last week and was thinking about getting one also

You can use the reward money at Disney Parks, stores, online, Cruise, I can't remember off the top of my head what else.

GoinPlaces63 03-11-2013 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ktb2002

You can use the reward money at Disney Parks, stores, online, Cruise, I can't remember off the top of my head what else.

When you are at the parks you can get a 5x7 of your group. Special place... Ask at the gate.

Silver Queen 03-11-2013 01:38 AM

This is only available at Innovations at Epcot. We've done it several times. Love our Disney Visa. We have received hundreds of reward dollars that we dollars generally spend on dinners when we're at WDW.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:39 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.