The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Rank the value resorts from best to worst (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3077566)

newfiegirl 03-09-2013 03:39 PM

Rank the value resorts from best to worst

and tell why (food, decor, newness, cleanliness, things to do etc)

Mousemommy1 03-09-2013 03:44 PM

I like them all just fine, and the amenities/cleanliness are really all the same. So, it comes down to theme. For that, it goes
1) POP (we did like the food court here the best)
2) All Star Movies
3) All Star Sports
4) All Star Music

Those are the ones I have stayed at. Haven't done AoA yet, so unsure where that will lie, but I do love it's theme! :thumbsup2

goofyintoronto 03-09-2013 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mousemommy1
I like them all just fine, and the amenities/cleanliness are really all the same. So, it comes down to theme. For that, it goes
2) All Star Movies
3) All Star Sports
4) All Star Music

Those are the ones I have stayed at. Haven't done AoA yet, so unsure where that will lie, but I do love it's theme! :thumbsup2

Yup I agree. This is my list too.

1) pop ---food court is pretty awesome.
2) movies
3) sports
4) music

SmallWorld71 03-09-2013 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 (Post 47750153)
2) All Star Movies
3) All Star Sports
4) All Star Music

This is my order exactly, LOL! I've stayed at them all and liked them all. Now that they've all been refurbed, I don't really find any major difference other than theme.

Chaoticsweetness 03-09-2013 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newfiegirl
and tell why (food, decor, newness, cleanliness, things to do etc)

1) AoA - wonderfully themed, food court, pool area.
2) Pop - same as AoA

I don't like the All stars.

NJtoATL 03-09-2013 04:12 PM

POP - is the only value I will consider staying at. I never go back to the All-Stars.. I did not always feel this way.

cab0ad 03-09-2013 04:15 PM

1. POP
2. Movies
3. Music
4. Sports (never actually been there though...theming does not appeal to us)

siskaren 03-09-2013 04:17 PM

I find it interesting that All Star Music is at the bottom of everyone's lists. I'll admit that it's the only value I've stayed at, but I liked it just fine. (And I had stayed at POR (back when it was called Dixie Landings) and CBR before staying at Music, so it's not like I had nothing to compare it to.

DisneyDiana 03-09-2013 04:20 PM

Well, I'll be the dissenter.

1. Sports- love the main pool, the surf theme with the huge shark fins is awesome (first bus top when they share)

2. Music- seemed a little quieter than the others

3. Movies- like it too

4. Pop- too crazy when we were there (to be fair it was 4th of July)

spiceycat 03-09-2013 04:20 PM

mind is a little different

1) Pop
2) AOA
3) Music
4) Sports
5) Movies

did not like Movies - for some reason we had more problems here than any value stay before or after. everything went wrong. So have never gone back and probably won't.

everyone is different -

Pop - love it - the CM's are some of the best on property - it is well organized and a fun place

AOA - better pools

Music - love the atmosphere - we were close to the lobby w/o paying the preferred rate - think it was Jazz - a pool close by

Sports - baseball - had a pool, easy access to the food court and think parking behind us. So again nothing was far.

dawnhaze 03-09-2013 04:21 PM

AoA
All Star Music
All Star Sports

Never stayed at Movies or Pop. I prefer Music over Sports for the theming, and AoA is definitely my favorite.

carly chloe 03-09-2013 05:15 PM

Movies the best. Havent been to music since rehab. Sports doesn't appeal to us. Didn't like POP at all. Was very clean but WAY to chaotic. My teens said they would never want to go back to POP.

TDC Nala 03-09-2013 05:19 PM

this is my ranking

1) Pop Century. My favorite for decor, layout and location.
2) Art of Animation. I've only spent one night there. But it's new and pretty and has as good a location as Pop plus some interesting choices in the food court. Chocolate mango chile gelato!! But if I am at Pop I can walk right over here and get it. No fighting to get into a Little Mermaid room with no discounts.
3) Allstar Music. My favorite Allstar. It's just laid out better and seems quieter than the others.
4) Allstar Movies. Although it's been years since I stayed there, because it books up so fast due to the theming, which seems to be preferred over any of the other Allstars. I never book preferred rooms and by the time I get around to booking a regular resort (I'm usually DVC) it's got only preferred rooms left.
5) Allstar Sports. Too many youth groups staying there. Youth groups are booked here first. Once they put my room in the middle of one of the groups and the chaperone came by at 7 am and banged on my door demanding that I get up for breakfast.

AndiSlamberg 03-09-2013 05:31 PM

1.POP
2.AOA
3.All Stars

POP because it's awesome for any age, the bus system is pretty awesome, I love the food court tons of options. It's always been clean and kept neat while I've been there, but the rooms are pretty small but we don't spend much time in the rooms anyway.

msmama 03-09-2013 05:33 PM

I've never stayed at Sports but otherwise I would say they are all pretty similar. I stay where I get the best deal (even if its $5 savings).

Pop is biggest it seems. I feel like I've always had to do the most walking there. I like the the theming at movies and pop best (why I don't do sports).

If I had to rank, I guess I'd say, pop, movies, music and then sports.