Booked POR Royal Room - Now thinking WL
So we are booked and paid for a Royal Room at Port Orleans. I am not second guessing my decision and thinking of Wilderness Lodge. The price different from a Pool View Royal Room (which we are booked for) to a Standard Room at Wilderness Lodge is $630 bucks for 6 nights. So can't decide what to do. We stayed at French Quarter last in 2009. It was OK. Right before renovations and some good and bad things about the place. Here are my questions for Wildreness Lodge Experts.
1) Has all of the rooms been renovated? Even standard level rooms that overlook nothing. I am fine with a bad view - not really going to be using that. Just want a location that doesn't have been walking forever (like some rooms in the moderates and values have).
2) Can I at all times either use a bus instead of the water taxi boat to get the Magic Kingdom? I understand if there is bad weather the buses are an optino, but it is always an option?
3) What resorts share the buses with WL? I have read it is the camp grounds but also heard with Poly and or GF....
4) How are the buses? I assume similiar waits as all other resorts? We had zero issues with the buses at POFQ. Just more concerned where else it will stop before and after WL.
5) The food court at POR looks amazing. Isn't roaring fork tiny and really even no seating? We want a quick grab and go breakfast before parks and want to make sure I can get a bagel etc in the mornings.
6) With only the one pool at WL - will it be over crowded? We are going mid-May. My daughter is 8 and loves swimming now.
7) Is there more than one set of elevators? Will I be waiting forever to get to my floor?
8) I understand everything is inside, but how far apart are the rooms once I get inside? Will a standard room be forever to get to - and to get to te pool during afternoon breaks.
9) Can I buy milk in their convenient shop to keep in my room? Do they sell that? I know the store at POR is nice and large.
10) If I do NOT do online check in - what is the chance we could be upgraded from a standard view?
Any other info would be great. Still on the fence is the money is worth it. We had horrible maid service in POFQ last time. Is the service better in WL? Also some rumors about the cleanliness of the rooms at POR even though they were just redone. Just so on the fence. I love the quiet pool at POR and the fact there is a boat to DTD (we love DTD)
We are a family of 3 with a DD that is 8.
Thanks again. Sorry for so many questions. I just can't decide. After all - we are just sleeping there. Will be at all the parks most of the time. Just not sure I can justify over 600 bucks just to sleep there. I am big with coupons and getting price adjustments if something goes on sale - so just can't decide on this one.
1) yes, all of the rooms have been renovated
2) yes, you can either take bus or boat to MK. We found that the bus was often quicker, though the boat is a nice relaxing option as well
3) getting to the parks, there is no sharing to MK, but to the other parks, we made stops at FW to one of the parks and to the GF for the other ones (I can't remember which parks)
4) we had no problems with the buses at WL
5) Roaring Fork has a nice selection. We stayed CL so I didn't use it for breakfast but I believe they do have grab and go items and waffles, etc...
6) we were at WL in July and the pool was never too crowded
7) I know of two sets of elevators, one that goes down into lobby and one that goes down to pool area...there might be more, but I'm not positive
8) we found everything to be very compact
9) yes, there was milk in the store...remember the DVC villas are there too, so they have alot of grocery items
10) you know the shpiel on upgrades, don't expect one, probably won't happen, business need yada yada yada...I don't think that OLCI has anything to do with it.
All that being said, the WL is an absolutely magical resort. We had a perfect stay and loved everything about it. For me, it would certainly be worth the $600 difference...but we also spent alot of time in the resort as well (about 3 of our 11 days). Good luck deciding!!! :goodvibes
We've never stayed at POR, but we love the WL. With that said, we are a deluxe family. Our first onsite stay was at CBR and while we loved that resort, the following year we tried a deluxe and haven't stayed anything but deluxe since. Worth is subjective and is different for everyone, so only you can decide if it's worth it for you. But with that said, the extra cost for the WL over a mod would definitely be worth it to us. We love the extra amenities the deluxe resorts offer and the WL is in a great location as it's not only convenient to MK, but it's also convenient to the monorail resorts for a variety of dining and shopping options. Good luck deciding, but I would upgrade to the WL without hesitation.
Both are great - our question always came down to how much time spent in room?
Sounds like a great deal to me!! As the PP said, time spent in your room/resort is a factor for some. We love the WL and like another PP, are "deluxe people" and won't go back either! (and we've been magically upgraded too, so we know what we like! :thumbsup2)
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:34 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 1997-2013, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.