The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   AoA's LM room for a boy? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3077448)

weinerranchers 03-09-2013 11:52 AM

AoA's LM room for a boy?

So, It is just myself, the hubs and our 3 year old going. We want to stay at AoA but only want a standard room. I just figured out that the standard rooms are ALLLLLLLLLL Little Mermaid! Are the rooms to girly for my boy? :cool2:

KingdomHeartsFan 03-09-2013 11:56 AM

They may be a little girly, but as long as your son has seen the movie, so he will know who the characters are, I think it will be fine. They are very cool.

DisneyDoc5 03-09-2013 04:30 PM

If he likes the movie, he will like the room, it's beautiful and you can walk to all the areas and enjoy them, go sit by the Cars pool, Nemo pool, play by Lion King (which you will walk through to get to the main building). It would not stop me from staying there, enjoy!

DisneyDiana 03-09-2013 05:12 PM

There is a great review on another site that answers this question. Don't think I can post it here but google " Little Mermaid Rooms Not too "girly"" and it should come up.

goofyintoronto 03-09-2013 05:12 PM

The theme is NOT very girly. They focus a lot on king triton too. So its pretty neutral. Check out some of the pics and you will see. I think he will like it!

bumbershoot 03-09-2013 05:22 PM

The two biggest LM fans I know are men. I don't understand the aversion to LM by parents of boys. I'm against the LM rooms because I do not like the film, but I bet my son (and husband, who is one of the men I mentioned) would love it.

goofyintoronto 03-09-2013 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DisneyDiana
There is a great review on another site that answers this question. Don't think I can post it here but google " Little Mermaid Rooms Not too "girly"" and it should come up.

Found the article!!!

http://yourfirstvisit.net/2012/09/19...girly-not-far/

weinerranchers 03-09-2013 08:20 PM

Thank you for the link! I really appreciate it.

Thanks for all the helpful opinions!! He is a boy after all.... Gotta think it all the way thru ;)

MrsB919 03-09-2013 10:05 PM

I'm glad I came across this post because I was just having second thoughts about staying here because it's just me and my hubby. I love Little Mermaid, but I was concerned my husband would walk in and freak. I haven't told him they are all LM :lmao:

goofyintoronto 03-09-2013 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrsB919
I'm glad I came across this post because I was just having second thoughts about staying here because it's just me and my hubby. I love Little Mermaid, but I was concerned my husband would walk in and freak. I haven't told him they are all LM :lmao:

Id keep it a secret until you arrive. Nice surprise!!! LOL!

MrsB919 03-09-2013 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goofyintoronto (Post 47752786)
Id keep it a secret until you arrive. Nice surprise!!! LOL!

That sounds like a plan. I'll have my camera ready so I can capture his face. :rotfl:

goofyintoronto 03-09-2013 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrsB919

That sounds like a plan. I'll have my camera ready so I can capture his face. :rotfl:

LMAO! Please do, and post the pic here! :rotfl:

rainynight 03-10-2013 12:03 AM

My 4 year old son loved the room. It wasn't girly at all. Of course he likes the movie and has a fascination with sea creatures.

rainynight 03-10-2013 12:06 AM

Just to add. We stayed one night in the Little Mermaid room and then switched to Pop for the rest of our trip and our little boy was sad to leave the "crab room". I bet your little guy will think its great. :-)

coco392 03-10-2013 12:45 AM

my 6 year old took one look- first words 'I don't want a girls room. nothing could convince him otherwise

he picked pop.

can't understand why studios aren't more 'neutral' like nemo. or just some cars studios so there is a mix.

show him pictures on the website